New Orleans Jesters

logoman

As reported in the Sports Logos forum, the New Orleans (Shell) Shockers have changed their name to the New Orleans Jesters. Many people have already stated their dislike of the name and the crest in the other thread. I, for one, have no problem with the name. It seems to fit the region rather nicely, and for a team in the PDL, it should work well. I do agree with everyone who had nothing good to say about the crest. As I documented in the other thread, I sat out to do a design in under 1 hour to see if I could come up with something better than that they released. I was able to get the original version completed in 53 minutes. I met my self-imposed deadline, but after looking at it this morning I realized there were still a few refinements to be made. I know this theme and possibly this type of graphic has been done and then done again, and just in case someone missed it, it has been done again. So I thought I would throw this out for everyone to see.Thanks and hopefully you'll enjoy.

JESTERSUSL.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=64724

• 2 weeks later...

I did intentionally include the crescents. I used argyle because I think I saw a jester once wearing it. Also, I kind of didn't know what to use to fill that space. As an aside, I sent the design to the team and the VP replied saying they were going to continue to use the one they have because they had already released it to the public. He did say my design was nice, though.

Archived