New Celtics NBDL Team in Portland Maine

vhschola

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maine Doomed

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

nice props to Chris for the photo credit in the story.

And why not the Portland Mainiacs?

Because it rips off the local QMJHL team?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

nice props to Chris for the photo credit in the story.

And why not the Portland Mainiacs?

Already taken by a minor league hockey team.

Lewiston MAINEiacs

I wonder if it shouldn't have a similar theme to its parent club, such as Shamrocks, Brawlers, Leprechauns, Mean Green, etc.

I also wonder if the team doesn't do well if they just swing them down the coast to Providence, RI or inland to Manchester, NH or Worcester, MA

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I thought I heard Lewiston was leaving after this season...?

They are supposed to. Another team is coming in though, from the Maritime Junior A Hockey League.

Back on topic- This is very exciting news that I have been thinking about for a while now. I have been talking to one of the potential owners about it off and on and he seems very excited, but has never confirmed anything is imminent to me. I hope it goes through, if so I will do everything in my power to work for the team in some capacity. I have even given the owner some naming ideas, which I won't say on here in case they are considered. Can't ruin any surprises.

I just hope I can remove all those watermarks.

wyomings.jpg

I hate people that steal pictures and such when they aren't public domain...plus this has always been one of my Fav sites so I have to give pub!!! Plus eray designed our logos...its all 1 big happy family!

"Maine Coons" probably isn't an option.

Why would it be?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it would be because there's a species of animal from the region with that name.

But yea, that wouldn't be a very wise name...

Edit: Yep, it's a cat. Jesus, those things are huge.

Archived