Diamondbacks Nation

amare32

Howdy, CCSLCers.

As a longtime member of these boards, I am pleased to announce that I have launced a website w/ deep roots right here in Creamerville. DIAMONDBACKS NATION was first imagined and established at the unveiling event for the Arizona Diamondbacks' updated uniforms and colors back in 2006. I was in attendance that night to write an article for sportslogos.net, and w/ me was an acquaintance who later become my partner in the present endeavor.

Diamondbacks Nation is intended both as a news and commentary site and as a community of Arizona baseball fans. While our point of reference is the Diamondbacks, we aspire to present content that will be of interest to a broader group of readers. We will regularly include material focusing on other clubs, w/ Series Previews to highlight the Snakes' upcoming opponents; Major Chords, calling attention to developments around MLB; and Farm Bureau reports on minor league and amateur teams and prospects.

Recent features have made that case that Curt Schilling should enter Cooperstown as a member of the Diamondbacks and have compared and contrasted Arizona's phenom Justin Upton w/ uber-prospects Matt Wieters and Stephen Strasburg. While we're not just looking to stir up controversy, there's plenty of room for Arizona fans and supporters of other clubs to engage in a robust back-and-forth debate.

I invite you to visit the site, register for a membership, and, if any of our articles grab your attention, post a comment in the threads that follow. For hardcore fans and those who like their baseball updates concise and lightning quick, we also have a Twitter feed for you to follow.

A special note of thanks goes out to CCSLC's own gordie_delini, who has designed our handsome new logo. He is also helping us give the site a facelift that will bring our look and feel into harmony w/ the logo; an initial update will be launched before Opening Day, w/ more ambitious elements to be incorporated over time.

I hope that you will check us out and that some of you may even become regulars on our site. We would be grateful to have you join the Nation. Many thanks.

Eric Peterson

DIAMONDBACKS NATION

DiamondbacksNation.com

Twitter.com/DBackNation

Word of warning to Diamondback Nation, you will be swearing and cursing up a storm every four days. Why? Because you have John Garland. He is horrible! He's slow and the defense falls asleep behind him and you will hate him. Avoid watching games with him pitching unless you want to fall asleep. You will curse every time he pitches.

Nice job with that, Eric! Much success with the site and hopefully the D-backs won't disappoint.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Word of warning to Diamondback Nation, you will be swearing and cursing up a storm every four days. Why? Because you have John Garland. He is horrible! He's slow and the defense falls asleep behind him and you will hate him. Avoid watching games with him pitching unless you want to fall asleep. You will curse every time he pitches.

I don't think JGarland's going to win many games for us, not on his own. He might keep us in games long enough to get wins, but he's nobody's idea of a dominating SP. Move to NL should help him some; our ballpark, not so much. JGarland's chief virtues are his durability and his corresponding capacity annually to throw 200 slightly-better-than-league-average inniings. There's value in that, even if it's not sexy.

That site is awesome. Wish there was a Braves one.

Found one. Talkingchop.com if anyone cares.

You can return to talking about the D-Backs.

Most teams have fan sites dedicated to them if you look. There are already a few other sites that are Diamondbacks-focused. We're trying to do a few things differently.

First, we'd like to distinguish ourselves based on the quality of the writing and the format. We want to be a source for news and commentary, but we do not think of ourselves as a blog. I think that the relaunch will go a long way towards our goals in that respect. I'm handling 100% of the content for now, will share writing duties w/ others once we've set the tone and find contributors who can maintain the level of quality.

Second, we want to create and embody a community for baseball fans, based in but not limited to Arizona. We plan to organize fans to watch games in person, on TV. We anticipate organizing regular group nights for home games, road trips to see our guys play away games. We hope to link up fans of our club in other cities so that they can go to games together. The end product, we hope, will be a fanbase for the Diamondbacks that is bigger, smarter, louder and more tightly knit. We want to make our house a place w/ a real home-field advantage. There is a big contingent of fans of the Dodgers, Cubs, etc., when those teams visit. We want to drown them out at home, then go to THEIR parks and make noise of our own.

It's a pretty ambitious plan and we're excited to take it on. Even if you're not already a Diamondbacks fan, we think it will be worth following us to see how we do. Maybe we'll make some converts along the way.

From the pages of DIAMONDBACKS NATION, a series of epic head-to-head battles, featuring:

* CHRIS B. YOUNG v. DEXTER FOWLER!

* MADISON BUMGARNER v. MANNY RAMIREZ!

* BRIAN SABEAN v. JOSH BYRNES!

* CARLOS GONZALEZ v. THE PACIFIC COAST LEAGUE!

Who will win?! Who will lose?! WILL ANYONE MAKE IT OUT ALIVE?!

(Diamondbacks Nation assures its readers that no players, general managers, or animals were harmed in the making of this Farm Bureau report. Also, no April Fools Day pranks will be played for at least 363 more days.)

Just out of curiosity,

Are you guys considered "media"? Do you have the same access to press releases, front-office personnel, players / coaches that the mainstream media would have?

If not, how do you get your stories - or is it mainly more like commentary on stories that are broken by other outlets?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just out of curiosity,

Are you guys considered "media"? Do you have the same access to press releases, front-office personnel, players / coaches that the mainstream media would have?

If not, how do you get your stories - or is it mainly more like commentary on stories that are broken by other outlets?

Great questions.

No, at this point, we do not have press credentials. For obvious reasons, MLB and the various teams don't afford clubhouse access to anyone who hangs up a shingle. In time, we'd like to establish a track record of quality writing and build a readership broad enough to justify getting press credentials. Until then, we think that there's valuable insight to be gleaned by watching the games from the stands like our readers do. If we see a player make a great catch, we can witness that as well from our seats or on TV as from the press box. If a manager misuses his pitching staff, we don't have to have a press pass to write about it.

While there will be some straight reporting, Diamondbacks Nation will also include a good bit of commentary. We don't intend to simply repeat what others have already done. We were baseball fans before were were Diamondbacks fans, so we read, watch and listen to baseball through a wide variety of sources. We're cognizant of what others say and write, but we aim to provide provide original material looking at the game from an Arizona perspective

Today's feature comparing Chris B. Young and Rockies CF prospect Dexter Fowler is an example. It draws from our own experiences watching the players, as well as information we've collected from Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, MLB.com, Baseball-Reference.com, Fangraphs.com and other sources. We took all that source material and presented an analysis that you won't find anywhere else. We hope that will be of interest to baseball fans of all affiliations.

Archived