MLB Rebrand: Part 5

elliott

Previously:

mlb-rebrand-bar4.gif

SEA | TB | BAL | MIA

Hi again, I saw bigmike's Braves concept a few weeks ago, he used the laughing chief logo, which is obviously not going to come back, but I was intrigued by what it would look like with a little tweaking and updating. Which of course includes cleaning up some of the messier lines, and I did that, and I used what I came up with for the primary. It's not politically correct, but quite frankly I don't care. Other than that, I just wanted to blend tradition of the Hank Aaron years. I went back to royal and red, and got rid of the yellow in the tomahawk. I worked in the feather to the home cap logo and brought it back on the "retro" home alternate. I don't have much time to say anything else because I'm about to leave on spring break. Hopefully you like it, see ya. I guess I'll read the response when I get to Columbia SC. :)

BravesConcept2009Logos.gif

BravesConcept2009Jerseys.gif

BravesConcept2009Alts.gif

You did a Great Job with this! I like the Feather logo alot and the lowercase a, I think you did a great job with combining this era's logos and the Hank Aaron's. My only gripe is I dont like the Double outline around the numbers, but either way the set look's nice, I would like to see a Red jersey though!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

One of the interesting things about the Braves identity is that you could look at the most famous moment in Braves history (Aaron overtaking Ruth's home run number) isn't necesarily easily recognisable as a Braves moment. Whats good about this concept is that you could bridge the gap with it, hints of the Aaron era unis whilst still looking quite up to date. Not a great fan of the white part of the home caps, but thats so central to the concept that I wouldn't change it.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I like this set very much. My only recommendation is to change the gray in the Braves script to white. I know why you made it gray, but I think it looks weird having it in the identity when there is no gray in any of the other logos.

Wow, you did a fantastic job combining the old with the new. That is a great update of the laughing indian although, like you said it probably wouldn't be accepted again. I like the lower case "a" but somehow I kinda miss their current A logo too. The unis are really nice too, and the white cap works really well IMO. Another solid concept, I would have to say that you're five for five in this series, keep up the good work!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

For what you were going for this is absolutely perfect. Great job of connecting eras. But I have some gripes. The first one is the cap logo. The feather that comes out of the A looks too forced. And doesn't really flow very well. The second on is there is no piping on the pants. they look a little plain compared to the rest of the uniform. Add some striping and you are good to go. And the third isn't really a gripe just more preference. I think it would look better with the name on back arched instead of just straight. I love seeing this rebrands from you, keep up the good work Elliott.

jNTsTyQ.png

The Atlanta Braves are currently the only Major League team with that unique pants striping. I think it would look great with this set. Otherwise, you did something that I think is very hard to do. You took one of the best looks in baseball, and you made a great deal of changes to that look. Then you got several positive comments from the fans of that team for it. Of course one of the hardest concepts for some people to do is the one for their own favorite team, and you sure did nail it. The pants striping would complete this set. I miss the capital 'A' cap logo, but I understand why you left it out. At the same time, I think it would work since you are using the uppercase 'A' in the Atlanta script. Just something to think about.

Great work on this. I agree with what was said before, you are 5 for 5 in this series. I look forward to more.

Yeah, this is VERY nice. I've always loved the early 70s/80s Braves identity. The lowercase 'a' and the feather are the things that stick out most for me. I have to agree with AsM though, the gray is not needed. But other than that a very solid concept.

Amazing work as always Elliott.

You did really well with this, just it doesn't seem to work IMO. I love everything separately, but together it looks too miss-matched. The scripts match fine, but then the cap looks like it belongs to another team. To a casual sports fan or somebody new to baseball they might think they forgot their hats. I guess I'm just not sold on the lowercase 'a' hat. I think the script on the away uniform would work much better if the Gray was White, but I get where you were going with it. Also, I'm not feeling all the outlines on the back around the names or numbers. I think one is enough with this color scheme. I guess that's it. I'd love to see an update that uses the current 'A' cap or works with a lowercase script.

Thanks for the comments, I'll get an update up soon enough, with pants striping, and I'll try to find a way to make the whole thing flow more, not just look like separate elements.

Really great addition to the previous ones. Love the Marlins logo as well. The Braves need to go back to this scheme and do away with what they have now. However, I think it will be hard to get the Braves organization to abandon the colors that they are famous for in the early 90's.

wingssuck.jpg

Courtesy of PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

I like this set very much. My only recommendation is to change the gray in the Braves script to white. I know why you made it gray, but I think it looks weird having it in the identity when there is no gray in any of the other logos.

I agree with AsM. In addition to being extraneous, I think the gray makes the logo and wordmark look very drab. The white really makes it pop.

BravesConcept2009-3.gif

BravesConcept2009-4.gif

A little update here. Added pants striping. Put some white into the roads. Just listening to you guys...thanks for the suggestions, the white definitely helps on the roads. That's it, comments are still appreciated if you feel like it.

Adding the white to the grays does look better. I still think you should replace the gray in the script with white though.

I did actually, unless I'm missing something. It's still on the original logo sheet but if you look on the jerseys I just posted, the only gray is on the base of the jersey/pants.

Archived