Colorado Helmet Stripe?

jakerad60

Last Saturday I went to Colorado's spring game and i noticed that on every quarterbacks helmet there was a white stripe

z.jpg

All the qb's were already wearing a gold jersey to show they can't be hit, so does anyone know what the stripe is for?

sig.jpg

Interesting.

Although, if they really wanted to be fancy, they'd make it silver. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Might be so that when the coaches watch the film they can more easily see where the quarterbacks are looking. It seems like I've seen this before for that reason.

i guess that makes sense, but do they actually film practices and scrimmages?

sig.jpg

Might be so that when the coaches watch the film they can more easily see where the quarterbacks are looking. It seems like I've seen this before for that reason.

Absolutely!!! Hell - when I was in high school ('92 - '94) several of our practices were filmed (especially during 2-a-days) and all of our scrimmages were filmed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Absolutely!!! Hell - when I was in high school ('92 - '94) several of our practices were filmed (especially during 2-a-days) and all of our scrimmages were filmed.

oh wow, i guess my high school team is way behind the time. our practices are never filmed, or inter-squad scrimmages.

sig.jpg

Heck, a lot of the spring games are televised these days.

true, but the stripes on the helmets didn't just apear for the spring game, they were used before then for regular practices

sig.jpg

true, but the stripes on the helmets didn't just apear for the spring game, they were used before then for regular practices

Oh, sure. I was just making a point about how big spring football has become. It has long been a big deal in some places, but it's taking on the status of a second season with all the hype.

If they are doing this to see where the QB is looking, it would seem like it would be easier to see a black stripe. That white stripe is kind of hard to see in these pictures.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

If they are doing this to see where the QB is looking, it would seem like it would be easier to see a black stripe. That white stripe is kind of hard to see in these pictures.

It's easier to see white on CU's field than black, especially with a bunch of black jerseys running around.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

those helmets look huge compared to the rest of the pads on their body. I can't help but think that the huge helmets are the problem with football's brain safety initiative.

the only time a player is injured, and hasn't been left on the ground after being hit by a heavy helmet is when he has twisted his knee, back, or has has just endured a muscle injury like a hamstring pull. players are injured because their helmets are too big for helmet to helmet collision. i played football and probably left with some long-term injuries in 8th grade! rugby.

the most important position, hands down, is the defensive back. I liked making ass-breaking hits on skinny receivers I could fit my arms around. I also got rocked in the helmet region a couple times on both sides.

Gets me excited for professional football, where the crowds are smaller, but it doesn't matter. if you like something, you should have the best. it doesn't make sense to not. the ncaa tournament should be implemented into the NBA game. a 30-team tournament every weekend in every NBA city. It'll be called the NBA Grand Prix: Oklahoma City, or something like that every weekend for 29 weeks. the last tournament will be for the NBA championship held in the arena of the winner of the championship the previous season. This, so that the NCAA will not be confused with the NBA for prominence.

Saw the Buffaloes campus in Boulder late last year. long lines at the sandwich shop and cold, huge, cold and snowy buildings and landscape. played baseball for College of Santa Fe.

The helmet stripe is so that the quarterback can be reminded to have more padding jammed into his helmet later. set for microphones or something?

those helmets look huge compared to the rest of the pads on their body. I can't help but think that the huge helmets are the problem with football's brain safety initiative.

the only time a player is injured, and hasn't been left on the ground after being hit by a heavy helmet is when he has twisted his knee, back, or has has just endured a muscle injury like a hamstring pull. players are injured because their helmets are too big for helmet to helmet collision. i played football and probably left with some long-term injuries in 8th grade! rugby.

the most important position, hands down, is the defensive back. I liked making ass-breaking hits on skinny receivers I could fit my arms around. I also got rocked in the helmet region a couple times on both sides.

Gets me excited for professional football, where the crowds are smaller, but it doesn't matter. if you like something, you should have the best. it doesn't make sense to not. the ncaa tournament should be implemented into the NBA game. a 30-team tournament every weekend in every NBA city. It'll be called the NBA Grand Prix: Oklahoma City, or something like that every weekend for 29 weeks. the last tournament will be for the NBA championship held in the arena of the winner of the championship the previous season. This, so that the NCAA will not be confused with the NBA for prominence.

Saw the Buffaloes campus in Boulder late last year. long lines at the sandwich shop and cold, huge, cold and snowy buildings and landscape. played baseball for College of Santa Fe.

The helmet stripe is so that the quarterback can be reminded to have more padding jammed into his helmet later. set for microphones or something?

I think you just proved your own point. :wacko:

And this has what to do with the thread?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

oh wow, i guess my high school team is way behind the time. our practices are never filmed, or inter-squad scrimmages.

I was in high school so long ago that we had sketch artists at our scrimmages...

I can haz sig?

And this has what to do with anything?

Fixed it for you.

:blink:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Bravo. That wins the "babbling semi-coherent stoner rant of the day" award.

Archived