NFL Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

I started my NFL redesign a few days ago, however I began to realize there was one major difference between my concepts and other's concepts. Mine were done on MS Paint, and despite my best attempts looked a tad "splotchy"

So I spent my free time today redoing my Ravens idea, and improving on it, via Inkscape. Hopefully improved presentation will mean more hits, because I was a tad dissapointed that only a few people saw my last go around up to par.

Baltimore Ravens

For the Ravens I wanted to improve on their current look with some modern flair. The primary is an updated version of one of their original logos. For the uniforms, I like what they have now, but the template bores me. I went a little out of the box here, especially with the pants design, but I am hopeful that people will think it looks good. I chose the bird helmet over the B helmet because the B just did not look good reversed on the left side of the helmet.

clipboard4.png

HomeUniform21.png

HomeUniform2-3.png

RoadUniform1-2.png

C&C's would be very appreciated!

::NOTE:: I aplogize for doing this. I had no clue threads were not deletable until after I posted here. I went back to get rid of the one I started the other day and realized I could not. Sorry for floodin' the interweb! I am a newb...hopefully I can get a break on that

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it that your helmet logo is clear on the top set, and blurry on the two others?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Atlanta Falcons

For the Falcons I expanded on my third design that I did on paint. I added some gold piping and some extra white streaks to create some seperation from their current set, as well as add that birdlike personality I was shooting for originally. Major changes include red socks instead of black socks and red piped pants instead of black piped pants for road games. And of course, the helmet is red instead of black.

clipboardpp.png

HomeUniform1.png

RoadUniform1.png

HomeUniform2.png

No, I have not been rushing through these. I am stuck in Ohio for a week with nothing to do but watch TV, sit at a comptuer, or eat...so this has kept me busy. For now I am going to bed, but I am going to add a third set for ATL next.

I'm not a big fan of the gold piping on the Ravens uni's. I know this is gonna sound strange but the way it comes up round the middle of the shoulder seems to tie the wearers arms to his sides. I know it wouldn't be but visually it appears restrictive, i don't think it would be so bad if the gold went over the top of the other sections on the sleeve but right now that's how it makes me feel when i see it.

Like the helmet and everything else about the set though.

With the Falcons I love the fact you've gone in a throwback direction with them. Really like the sleeves they feel wing like without being as obvious as your first attempt, the only thing i would say is that the helmet could use some stripes as it looks a little to plain as it stands right now.

All in all excellent stuff and look forward to seeing the other teams as and when you complete them.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Thanks for the feedback!

I was a little so-so with the helmet design. When I ran my first Falcons sheet with a few helmet options through here a week ago alot of people favored the solid red helmet over the striped one, but I think that opinion easily changes when you can see the frontal and rear views.

Another note for anyone who wonders, yes, I wanted the Falcons to have one pair of pants. (and of course the alternate)

More C&C's would be great

I like what you did with the Falcons, nothing too extreme but in my mind an improvement.

For the third jersey I could live with a retro design, however I would prefer a black version of the home and away jersey.

Good work so far!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Not sure why you started a new thread, but whatever, I'm glad that you rethought these as they look much better than the originals. For the Falcons I think if you did a simplification job on the sleeves, it would look way better, possibly drop the piping, and try making each "slash" on each side of the sleeve logo the same size. The gold doesn't look too bad, but I can't stand the Falcons in red helmets, and I can't say I like the throwback in this set. The pants stripe seems sorta random, there is no red with black outline anywhere else in the set. Ravens is pretty damn good, my main gripe is the helmet logo, it seems too bulky and spread out, a simpler logo with flow better. I like the side striping and it seems to tie in nicely with the U of Maryland's uniforms, I don't know if you meant to do that or not.

Not sure why you started a new thread, but whatever, I'm glad that you rethought these as they look much better than the originals. For the Falcons I think if you did a simplification job on the sleeves, it would look way better, possibly drop the piping, and try making each "slash" on each side of the sleeve logo the same size. The gold doesn't look too bad, but I can't stand the Falcons in red helmets, and I can't say I like the throwback in this set. The pants stripe seems sorta random, there is no red with black outline anywhere else in the set. Ravens is pretty damn good, my main gripe is the helmet logo, it seems too bulky and spread out, a simpler logo with flow better. I like the side striping and it seems to tie in nicely with the U of Maryland's uniforms, I don't know if you meant to do that or not.

I didnt...but going back I noticed the black jerseys with the gold piping gave the same look the Terps black alternate does. Just a great coincidence.

Thanks for the comments, and I will go back and make changes, but will do all 32 teams first. So patience...but I really want to complete this and do a good job, even if it takes all the way until the start of the season.

I had wished the Falcons would return to a red helmet, but your mock-up now gives me pause. Something about it doesn't sit right with me.

I think the addition of gold is a nice touch and should once again placate teh GT fans.

Top notch job with the throwbacks. Those are some sweet stripes on the socks.

I am a huge fan of the unis that the Ravens wore in their inaugural season. The changes they've made to their uni set since then have all been downgrades IMO. Your Raven set is a HUGE improvement over what they currently wear. Also, I'm not a huge fan of most of the modern style unis. But, when done properly with the stripes, piping and arcs complimenting the human form and cut of the uniform and combined with an appropriate team's theme, they can be very effective. Again, most designers don't pull this off, but I really like what you have done with the Ravens unis.

A few comments:

-There seems to be a lot of open real estate on the sleeves. White space isn't a bad thing, but when I look at your Ravens unis, my eyes want to see a logo or the jersey number or something on the side of the sleeve.

-On the sets with the white pants: I think some purple accents could put put them over the top. Maybe a thin purple stripe on the top of the socks or add a purple arc on the pant striping?

-On the set with the black pants. I think when combined with the black socks, it makes the unis bottom heavy. Purple stripes instead of black, would probably balance them out a bit. I think visually, it would combine with the purple on the sleeve and bracket the unis nicely.

All in all very nice work. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Arizona Cardinals

I noticed alot of people really do not like Arizona's current uniform design, however I think it looks really good (w/o red pants). Most say its too busy...I say its just right. So going into this concept, I had no idea where to go. Did I want to simplify and appease to common opinion or follow my gut (which is an untraditional one) and do something completely different

I went with completely different. I had this template drawn up on inkscape already, but I didnt know if it would be safe for an NFL design. I decided to take a chance and use it for Arizona. If you can swallow this concept from the get go, then I think there are some good elements to it. I went from the strange numerals AZ uses now (only gripe I have on them) to regular block font. My other idea was to add the gold from the logo to the uniform. Finally, the template speaks for itself...it is OUT THERE. I liked the template when I made it though, and wanted to use it on someone in this series...and AZ got the call.

I know my first 3 concepts have been very different...but I want everything I make to be something people have not seen before...or maybe have not thought of.

clipboard.png

HomeUniform1png.png

RoadUniform1-1.png

::bump::

you know I would really hate to stop doing this redesign, however my threads for some reason continue to fall off to the second page. Cab started his NFL series after me and has gotten 3x as many hits. (nothing against him, it isnt his fault) I really do not know if it is worth it if only a few people are following and commenting.

I like this look for the Cards. I have always thought that they need some yellow included somewhere in their jerseys. I'm a big fan of that template you used, too; it kinda fits Arizona because they are a somewhat modern team.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Hey, you commented on my topic so I'll comment on yours haha. We seem to be having the same problem with getting replies...

but anyways I like what you did with Arizona's uniforms. I personally like their uniforms now, but a lot of the piping is a bit superfluous. I like how you have made a modern design with practically no piping whatsoever. I agree with the previous poster in that I think if you remove one of the stripe colors on the home it would look better, as it is a bit busy. If it were up to me I wouldn't introduce yellow into the color scheme, becuase the logo irritates me enough in that cardinals have red beaks not yellow. But this is a minor ornithological squabble and I do like the way you use yellow.

Good job

Archived