OHL's London Knights new "retro" logo

DEAD!

Odd phrasing on the main page.

Those sharp-looking green third jerseys are done. The London Knights are planning a new look.

"Remember those jerseys that looked good? Screw 'em! Buy new stuff!"

The Knights have a perfect timeless logo, one that could pass for an NHL logo (even if the name "Knights" has a minor-league connotation) amidst bus-league dreck like the Sudbury Wolves and the Brampton Battalion. This older logo is a step down, and while the interlocking LK is clever, it winds up a little muddled in practice.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is disappointing. I grew up a Knights fan, and lived through the Spider-Knight era. Seeing the switch back to green and gold was a god send! The colors and logo they have now are fantastic, one of the nicest in the league by far. This new retro logo that's splashed around the site looks way too dated.

The "sharp-looking green third jerseys are done. The London Knights are planning a new look" quote leads me to believe (or hope) that this new look is ONLY for the alternate uniform. I was never font of the green alternate with Knights across the chest, since Plymouth wore one that is almost identical to it.

This is disappointing. I grew up a Knights fan, and lived through the Spider-Knight era. Seeing the switch back to green and gold was a god send! The colors and logo they have now are fantastic, one of the nicest in the league by far. This new retro logo that's splashed around the site looks way too dated.

The "sharp-looking green third jerseys are done. The London Knights are planning a new look" quote leads me to believe (or hope) that this new look is ONLY for the alternate uniform. I was never font of the green alternate with Knights across the chest, since Plymouth wore one that is almost identical to it.

This new look is permanent and the OHL isn't doing alternate uniforms next year. They're switching to the dreaded Edge sweaters and everyone is changing somewhat. We've also heard the Knights white sweaters are going to be a cream colour like the Minnesota all-star sweaters or Quebec Remparts, but no confirmation.

I don't get this, really. The last logo, updated from 1987-1994 was really crisp, it was probably the easiest recognized junior hockey logo, and they wore it when they won it all. This new one is a poorly rendered attempt at going back in time - the original was much cleaner and it didn't try to be cartoonish with the yellow striping that looks oddly like a smile a kid might like - and it just doesn't get a thumbs up here.

also something i saw on the london website look at the banner ad for try recycling and let the pictures change until theres a pic of del zotto and tavarse in jerseys i have never seen before.... and they are mighty ugly look like very detailed gold like castle on the bottem.... i just might be crazy but i live in london and never seen em...

also something i saw on the london website look at the banner ad for try recycling and let the pictures change until theres a pic of del zotto and tavarse in jerseys i have never seen before.... and they are mighty ugly look like very detailed gold like castle on the bottem.... i just might be crazy but i live in london and never seen em...

I saw those too. They do seem to have some wierd gold thing at the bottom.

the spider night was there logo through the late 90's early 2000's and it was like this super hero knight in like the classic spider man pose and when they moved into there new arena they left the spider man look and purple at the ice house and brought the retro logo and gold back

heres a picture of it... http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=1686

:music: Spider-Knight, Spider-Knight

Does whatever a Spider-Knight does :music:

CCSLC signature.png

the spider night was there logo through the late 90's early 2000's and it was like this super hero knight in like the classic spider man pose and when they moved into there new arena they left the spider man look and purple at the ice house and brought the retro logo and gold back

:music: Can he fly?

Shoot a puck?

No, he can't...

'cos he's a schmuck

Look-oooooout, it's the Spider-Knight :music:

philly.png

Shoot a puck?

No, he can't...

'cos he's a schmuck

wow, the one thing everyone remembers from that damn movie.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Booooooo. Huge downgrade. The Knights had the best logo and uniform set in all of junior hockey. The new logo isnt bad but it looks like a school logo, not a junior hockey team logo.

beLEAF

Shoot a puck?

No, he can't...

'cos he's a schmuck

wow, the one thing everyone remembers from that damn movie.

There was a Spider-Knight movie?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived