Uniforms that need to make a comeback

Brave-Bird 08

I was looking through google images and ran into one of my fav uniforms of all time...and im a Dawg fan. GT's navy blue, gold, and white combo from the ACC Championship game a few years back. One of the best looking uniforms I have ever seen...so it got me thinking, in the times of constant uniform tweaking and changing, what uniforms do we all most want to see back on the field??

340x.jpg

Georgia Tech's gold, navy, white set

340x.jpg

Braves Henry Aaron era uniforms

FPAFPricePeerless.jpg

Falcons original home uniform from 2003 unveiling, have not worn since 2003

bulldogward.jpg

Dawgs red, white, black look from late 90's-2000's

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet! A thread where everyone can post their home town team's uniforms!

The bestest pro uniforms are the '80s Phillies, '90s Flyers, '80s Sixers, and '70s Eagles. The best uniforms of all time have to be the '94 Downingtown Whippets football uniforms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love the smell of homereroticism in the air. Just embrace it Vet. Let it wash all over you like Spring rain.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I love the smell of homereroticism in the air. Just embrace it Vet. Let it wash all over you like Spring rain.

What you should've said was...

"You just mad at all this...homerificence!" *SNIFF* "Breathe it in Vet...baa-assk in it!"

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hank Aaron played at Georgia Tech?!?

And that GT uni would be perfect with the white throwback helmets:

CalvinJohnson.jpg

Wouldn't mind seeing the Saints add these stripes to the black pants to eradicate the leotard look (just with matching golds - look at the pants stripes vs. the socks - good grief):

aabf025_archie-manning-photofile-posters.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'll bite, but these will be for teams I don't root for:

schmidt03pf-1.jpg

Phillies maroon era unis. Racing stripes, baby! Distinctive, elegant, aggressive: One of the best uniform sets in baseball history, by far the best the Phillies have ever worn, and possibly the only truly great uniforms of the 1970s. I'd have to stop hating the Phillies if they went back to these.

nfl-49ers-super_bowl_xxiii_montana-joe-16-red-1989-stockpic1.jpg

1989 49ers. Best football uniforms of all time.

20082614447.png

I normally mock these types of threads as well, because they tend to be homer-riffic and lame. But, one set popped to mind immediately.

pacers15.jpgindiana-pacers-nba-fred-jones.jpg040529_pacers_hmed.hmedium.jpg

Awesome.

Oh, and so I can be a homer:

3.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like those Pacers unis as well, but I would have liked the homes to say Pacers, same with New Orleans current look. I get why teams do it, but just a personal preference.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I like those Pacers unis as well, but I would have liked the homes to say Pacers, same with New Orleans current look. I get why teams do it, but just a personal preference.

I can get on board with that.

Good calls on the Panthers and Wild. The Jags also, though pictures would help.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think there are very few teams that would improve their look more by going back to something than they would if they did a redesign, but one that came into my head right away was the Bengals. They had it perfect, then made it worse by trying to modernize it.

p1_dillon.jpg

Also the Red Sox road uniforms

_41524302_baseball_416.jpg

There are more teams that look better in past uniforms than they do now, but these are two that I think had it perfect then changed.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Great call with the Bengals and Panthers. Also, I am already missing the old Jaguars jerseys with the cat on the sleeve and the old number font.

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I think there are very few teams that would improve their look more by going back to something than they would if they did a redesign, but one that came into my head right away was the Bengals. They had it perfect, then made it worse by trying to modernize it.

p1_dillon.jpg

Note that I didn't post it, but I'll use the opportunity to expand on this. Some of the members here and I have had discussions about how perfect these uniforms were. If they wanted a modernized look without going to the ridiculous state they are now, all they would have to do is wear that set's black pants more often.

rudi-johnson.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived