Anaheim "Mighty-ish" Ducks

capn89

This isn't meant to be anything special. I've always liked the old Ducks' colors (simply because they were so unique to the league) and, honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the new colors and logos. I wanted to see if I could make something a little more "classy" with the old Disney colors/logos. Plus it's been fun throwing this stuff in the game and playing around with it.

The third jersey is complete, but I'm saving it so that there's something to come back and see.

3747036863_3b4ff42a4c_o.png

3747036507_8d6c3f77c5_o.png

3744027874_3638a5d340_o.png

3744028888_6e52c1c963_o.png

3744029864_bc280d84fe_o.png

3744030732_30dac24533_o.png

3747827686_e95b64336e_o.png

Interesting concept. I quite like how you've given the Ducks back their old colours and logos, while at the same time somehow making it feel less Disney-ish.

My only criticism - and it's only a little nitpick here - is that I'd prefer to see the home jersey in eggplant, but that's just me. :P

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Come back to see after what? If you're not going to change things this thread will only have things like "I like that! That's pretty cool!"

I'm more than willing to take thoughts and ideas and change things, I'm just saving the third jersey for later. Cliff-hanger. :P

Interesting concept. I quite like how you've given the Ducks back their old colours and logos, while at the same time somehow making it feel less Disney-ish.

My only criticism - and it's only a little nitpick here - is that I'd prefer to see the home jersey in eggplant, but that's just me. :P

I was actually going to go with an eggplant home, but I was trying to keep things a bit different and plus having it eggplant ruined the striping that I was going for where all you'd switch is the base color of the jersey from jade/white while keeping the sleeve and bottom hem striping exactly the same on both jerseys. It felt like there was too much eggplant on the road jersey when I did it that way. I'll throw a couple mockups together to show you what I mean.

Post in a few.

See I think the eggplant home looks really nice, but if I went with the whole striping idea like I had before it feels like there is too much eggplant on the road. Though, looking at it, I suppose the yolk could be jade.

3744869610_89ee86c869_o.png

Pretty sure the logo is what made them look Disney-ish, not the angled lines on the jersey. :P

Pretty sure the logo is what made them look Disney-ish, not the angled lines on the jersey. :P

Would you say it's the logo on its own, or that it's tied to a Disney movie? I think on its own, if you try and separate yourself from the fact that it began in a Disney movie, it's a nice logo. Not classic, but nice. If it's "cartoony" (like some people might say), you could argue that other logos in the NHL are cartoony (Penguins, Canucks, Panthers, to name a few), but because they didn't begin in a movie they're not given as much slack. That's just food for thought. Perception.

I was thinking more along the lines of how the logo was coloured for this concept, but there we go.

See I think the eggplant home looks really nice, but if I went with the whole striping idea like I had before it feels like there is too much eggplant on the road. Though, looking at it, I suppose the yolk could be jade.

I see what you mean... you could keep the white jersey as it was before, but then that would mess up the consistency between the two.

Still, if they used that eggplant jersey in reality, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I was thinking more along the lines of how the logo was coloured for this concept, but there we go.

I see what you mean... you could keep the white jersey as it was before, but then that would mess up the consistency between the two.

Still, if they used that eggplant jersey in reality, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't be totally against the jerseys being slightly out of sync, just trying to keep them that way. I do think you'll like the eggplant third, though. I'll probably have that up later today.

If I'm not mistaken, the NHL version of that logo came before the use of it in the second movie.

You know, I think you're right. For some reason I thought they busted out the jerseys in the first film, apparently it was D2.

Archived