Help get the Leafs Logo/Uniforms changed

TML13

As you may or may not have heard there is alot of talk and media coverage about the Toronto Maple Leafs lately.

None of which is about the actual team or management, but its about the Logo and Uniforms. As we are all into sports design and logos i figured this would be a great place to try and gather some more support.

I think we can mostly agree(Leafs fans or not) that the old 35 point Leaf is much much nicer than the current Ballard Leaf, and its just stupid that the Leafs are the only original Six team that made major changes to their logo (as shown here all nice and handy and such)

aM472.png

And the futility of the the Ballard Leaf doesn't stop at just visual appeal, its become more than just a logo over the last 40 years, its become a symbol of failure for the Toronto Maple Leafs and aside from a few memorable moments its represented the worst years in the history of a once proud franchise.

qjo1A.png

Its a new era for the Leafs, and Burke and co. are restoring some pride and respectability to the once great Toronto Maple Leafs and you can bet they will have them playing some old time hockey. So why not help get the Old Time logo back too and complete the resurrection. love them or hate them, you might as well do your part to help make them look better while they're being force fed to you on Saturday nights.lol.

Sign The Petition here:

http://leafslogo.com/

and don't forget to join the Facebook group and follow along on Twitter.

This thing started small but now its been all over the media with numerous spots on radio and news papers. it even got a write up in the New York Times.

...who knows with a little more support it may even work.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its a new era for the Leafs, and Burke and co. are restoring some pride and respectability to the once great Toronto Maple Leafs

Agreed, perhaps it's time to move forward rather than backwards then... the logo hasn't been significantly modernized in 40 years, time for another update.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

The current logo could probably do with an update (the stem at the bottom stands out as an example) but I think it's pretty decent, iconic and is indicative of a more modern design aesthetic. The old logo doesn't really look like a logo, not by today's standards anyway. Plus I love that typeface.

i blame the Leafs lack of success on the managment over the years. Harrold Ballard and JFJ alone are enough to wreck even the greatest of hockey clubs.

i don't believe that a change of uniform or logo will "fix" anything. i just want the Leafs to have a decent uniform, because these pajamas they wear now are a joke,and i cant believe someone got paid to "design" them, they dont even count as hockey jerseys as far as i'm concerned.

yeah i guess i should say that i actually like the current logo,but this to me is the best chance in the near future to get rid of the crap pajamas the Leafs wear now. i'm pulling for a uniform change more than anything.

simply adding a couple stripes back to the hem of the jerseys will accomplish that. No need to mess with the logo.

zzPEfBm.png

The simpler leaf isn't the problem to me. It's that horribly dated Kabel Bold that I can't get behind. Use a better typeface and you'll ameliorate a lot of the problems.

That graphic is misleading: the Rangers, Canadiens, Blackhawks, and Red Wings have tweaked their logo since 1967.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The simpler leaf isn't the problem to me. It's that horribly dated Kabel Bold that I can't get behind. Use a better typeface and you'll ameliorate a lot of the problems.

That graphic is misleading: the Rangers, Canadiens, Blackhawks, and Red Wings have tweaked their logo since 1967.

thats the point, they tweaked it not flat out changed it. the Leafs are the only Original 6 team to completely change the logo(for better or worse)the other 5 just updated the logos but they kept the same look and feel of the originals.

i dunno like i said i actually like the current Leaf, but a change is needed.

To GoNordiques: What are you talking about? I dont recall the Leafs going full time with there alternate in the playoffs? And they havent made the playoffs since the Edge era began :P

To Jezus Ghoti: Yes "Toronto" is off-centered. Its shifted to the right for some reason. I really dont know the reasoning for it.

Now onto the topic, Im a fan of both the current logo and the alternate logo so its hard for me to choose. If anything I hope they go with one of the following:

A. Bring back the waist stripes and the TML shoulder logo (I was a huge fan of the TML logo) or the old school leaf they use to have on the shoulder. The current jerseys are way to plain, waist stripes need to be brought back ASAP and a shoulder logo isnt a must, but it would be nice to have again.

B. Go with what most people want, make the alternate jersey the new away jersey, unveil a blue version for home and use the 1967, St. Pats or the current jersey (with waist stripes!) as an alternate.

Im all for change and I think Burke is the kind of GM that would consider something like this. He did change Anaheims name, logo and colours so maybe he can work some magic here. Even the haters have to agree, he's made the Leafs better than they were last year and hopefully he can get some changes made to the uniforms.

beLEAF

Logos don't make franchises good.

The fact that the Tampa Bay Rays just happened to reach the World Series in the same year they changed their name and logos is just coincidental. The fact that the Arizona Cardinals reached the Super Bowl just two seasons after adopting a new logo is coincidental.

If the Maple Leafs put together a good front office, they will have a chance at being a better franchise. Adopting a new logo won't change anything at all.

I would love to see that logo come back full time. If Brain Burke put a poll on their website on who is everyone's favorite jersey, Im sure the Alternates would get the most votes, and you can add me too it because I have an Alternate with Luke Schnenn number on the back lol.

Brain Burke has more things on his mind such as rebuilding the team, although bring to that logo back it could help the team in merchandise selling seeing they may not make it to the playoffs ( seeing they are in rebuild ).

I don't mind the logo they have now, its more the jerseys. Even if they changed the jerseys I would not mind it, but just do something with the whole design.

The logo has so much history and pride behind , and to bring it back for those players to wear, and maybe it would help them in the right direction. That is a kind of team Burke would want or does want.

I dont think this will work, but who knows, we shall see, hopefully it gets bigger and the word spreads then just go from there.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived