SEAHAWKS GOING GREEN TOMORROW

jlentz823

SEAHAWKS GOING GREEN TOMORROW

according to Matt hasselbeck with a pic Nate Burleson

"http://twitpic.com/j9dcl - @Nate81Burleson & Co. "Going Green" tomorrow #nfl #seahawks #bears (you saw it here first)"

http://twitter.com/MatthewHass008

http://twitter.com/MatthewHass008/status/4402250867

http://twitpic.com/j9dcl

32349909-2145e20f66ce633a93d73fd07c036a68.4abe8628-full.jpg

my bad, i did not see the NFL weekly uniform notes 'topic"

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE KNOW.

Orlando Thunder-tastic!!!

Can't wait to watch this matchup in HD... hopefully Da Bears will wear their road pants, not the silly white pajama look they've been sporting lately.

not a fan of the white bear pants? im a bears fan and i prefer them. do you think it works for the colts?Im also a Mizzou fan and they also wear white on white for away games so maybe thats why i like it

This is fantastic.

One of the best sets in the NFL (IMO of course) gets better. Love their unique shade of blue, love their green (it's NOT neon or "electric" so give it up with the "my eyes!" crap), and love that they're wearing the blue pants with this new jersey.

With the Sounders and the Seahawks, Seattle is definitely near the top of my list for cities with best sports identities / uniforms. Wish the Mariners would adopt those colors too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That jersey is ugly as sin. I'm pretty sure this will go in the halls of shame with the other green jerseys of similar ilk.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hmm... I hope that they wear their regular blue pants and that the sleeves are the lighter blue, and not the navy. I think that having both navy sleeves and pants would make the helmet clash.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

hopefully Da Bears will wear their road pants, not the silly white pajama look they've been sporting lately.

The defense prefers the all-white because they think it makes them look bigger. Too bad it doesn't make them play better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There is no God.

Then why is there a hole in the roof of Cowboys Stadium???

About the 'Hawks...I used to think that if they were going to do this for real, the green jerseys would look so much better paired with the navy/darker blue/whatever it is. BUT...after seeing the Sounders in action several times, the color pairing of the lime and Puget Slate has really grown on me. I still think the lime is a tad bit too yellow, but I'll take it.

And, @McCall, I caught those weird quirky pants, as well. Guess we'll see what's up tomorrow. Wish I could get that game over on the right side...but I'm sure someone will be posting pictures. *WINK WINK*

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This jersey would, just like the blue, go SO much better with the white pants.

This atrocity makes up for Oregon's temporary sanity.

As a life long Seahawks fan. I am excited for tomorrow. Someone has to be different and the boys in the land of Largent choose to be.

As a life long Seahawks fan. I am excited for tomorrow. Someone has to be different and the boys in the land of Largent choose to be.

To each their own. As a die-hard Seattle Seahawks fan since the franchise entered the NFL, I have to say that the mere thought of the team taking the field in these monstrosities makes me want to vomit. Why? Well...

1) "Someone has to be different and the boys in the land of Largent choose to be"? Please. In unveiling these jerseys, the Seahawks have become nothing but the latest team to surrender to the bald-faced money-grabbing trend that is a "third jersey". Rolling-out their original Royal Blue, Green, Silver and White unis as historical "throwbacks" to mark special anniversaries is one thing; creating a garish "third jersey" that prominently features a tertiary color in a primary role simply so said creations can be peddled in the team store is quite another.

2) While I don't mind the "Bright Green" of the Seahawks' color palette being used as a tertiary color, I'm not a fan of it being given prominence in their uniforms. It doesn't strike me as a color that necessarily speaks to the franchise representing the Pacific Northwest, so making it the focus of the uniform doesn't work for me.

Then again, when the team updated its logo - and simultaneously changed its color scheme - I'd have rather seen them go with "Dark Navy" as their primary color, "Seahawk Blue" and "Silver" as their secondary colors and "Bright Green" as an accent color. Their helmets would have been "Silver" with "Dark Navy" facemasks and the wrap-around Seahawk logo rendered as it currently is. Home jerseys would have been "Dark Navy" with large wrap-around Seahawk logos on the sleeves. Road jerseys would have been "White" with the same wrap-around sleeve logos. Pants for both the home and road uniforms would have been "Silver" with "Dark Navy" and "Seahawk Blue" stripes down the side.

3) "Seahawk Blue" helmets + "Bright Green" jerseys + what appear to be "Dark Navy" pants = sartorial train-wreck.

As far as I'm concerned, tomorrow's Seahawk uniforms promise to be the fashion equivalent of the team's Super Bowl loss: a f***ing nightmare.

Archived