Good News, Bad News

Puckguy14

Well, I got good news and bad news.

GOOD NEWS (although, not new)

The Sharks game where I drop the puck before hand is this Sunday at 1pm PDT. For you guys who have Center Ice that's 4pm ET and 5pm in Roger Clementeville. The team says I MIGHT be on camera, but highly doubtful. My zamboni ride is also in the 2nd intermission. Pics to follow. (Note: the tour pics are back. And that catwalk is still freaky!

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD NEWS

For those who chat with me on AOL or MSN messenger, you've noticed that sometimes my messages are delayed big time. Well, after virus scanning, nixing tracking cookies, and deleting most of my "meaningless stuff" it has unveiled the "I need to backup my hard drive" warning because "a hard drive crash is imminent". I have an 80GB Sony Vaio with an Intel Pentium 4 processor. I only used a total of 15 GB at most and it's fallen apart. I do not know when I'll be back.

I'm currently trying to save everything I can. The logos I saved for Chris' site, my concepts, my projects outside sports, pictures, 3GB of mp3s, yada yada yada are in major jeopardy. Good thing is that this @#$$^*&*%^#%@$@#$@# computer is under warranty and I possibly will get it fixed or replaced. Now with everything intact? Not sure. Chris if you read this and get on, before I get offline, get a hold of me ASAP to make sure you have everything I have.

I'll will be able to do email with an older computer (28.8 modem, pentium 1, 3 GB).

Rest assured, NO VIRUSES ARE IN HERE. To be on the safe side just do a virus scan on anything I sent. All the best and I will be back soon!

Puckguy

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

That sucks, dude. You probably won't even read this for a while, but I went through the same thing earlier last month, but I didn't even get a warning. My computer's just sitting around in sleep mode while I'm in bed, and WHAM, the power goes off and puts it into a coma. I had to reformat it to get everything working again. Luckily, I keep all of my stuff on a separate backup drive, so it was never in danger, but still... computer problems really suck. Sorry to hear it.

Same thing happened to me a few months ago, but I took care of it pretty quickly. My master drive was a 30GB Maxtor and it was the one that was dying, so I shifted over everything to my 120GB slave drive, made it the master and reinstalled Win XP. Later I replaced the slave drive with a 160GB. Worked out well in the end :D

And, to follow the trend...I had it happen to me as well. Nothing worked properly, so I had to reformat. And, to make matters worse, my back-up burned out. Damn old drives.

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

That sucks, dude. You probably won't even read this for a while, but I went through the same thing earlier last month, but I didn't even get a warning. My computer's just sitting around in sleep mode while I'm in bed, and WHAM, the power goes off and puts it into a coma. I had to reformat it to get everything working again. Luckily, I keep all of my stuff on a separate backup drive, so it was never in danger, but still... computer problems really suck. Sorry to hear it.

Man Nitro, I was already to bash out on Windows, and then you come with this...

Alrighty guys I'm here...sorta. I have my antique computer (a Intel Pentium 1, Windows 95) with 3GB of disk space. My real computer is currently at Best Buy (the official electronics store of your Minnesota Wild and the NHL) I will be able to talk online. Again, please note I'm on a 28.8 modem so my responses will be as slow as h-e-double hockey sticks!

Ah shucks, now I got my own time zone. :D

Or should that be "Time?" Zone?

Maybe you could get someone to tape the game and put the clip of you doing your thing on tha intarweb.

Also, will you be mentioned on the radio broadcast? It'd be worth going out of my way to listen to if you are.

--Roger "Time? Zone" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

*observe a moment of silence for my old hard drive*

Yes, it fried. My hard drive is dead along with many fonts, and all 3GB of my mp3s, plus some of my stuff I grabbed from a private sports site. ARGH! If ANYONE has the stuff I had that I gave to you, please email me.

Textures

Roger those textures and templates you sent me for jerseys and ice

STL Fanatic, if you have ice still send em to me.

I'll also need the following fonts and their families if anyone has them:

*Blue Highway

*Reporter-Two (the old Tampa Bay Lightning numerals)

*Matrix (the font for the D-Backs and Ravens)

*The font used on the Sharks Pacific Division Champs banner

*The font used by the Nuggets and U of Maryland

*Any block fonts

*(Pushing my luck here) Robotik (the Sharks numeral font)

PLEASE NOTE: There was NO viruses in my stuff, it was solely a hard drive collapse. I'm now on a new 80GB Seagate Hard Drive.

GOOD NEWS! I found my Photoshop disk!!!! So I'm back Photoshop-wise. Still working on finding dreamweaver. Also, the Sharks Pacific Division Champions font is called "Gloucester MT". If ANYONE has this font, zip it and email it to me ASAP!!!

Archived