Target Field logo

jlentz823

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High five to the Twins for being able to tell the difference between "Seasons" and "Anniversary". The Inaugural patch is nice, but there's something I really, really like about that alternating baseballs and bullseyes design. It's just simple and nifty.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Citi Field had some nice inaugural logos, but they couldn't use them as patches since the logo contained a corporate logo (Citi). I'd bet that the Twins will have the same issues with the Target Field inaugural logo, and will have to come up with something different that doesn't mention the stadium name.

The Yankees got around this situation since their stadium is not corporate-named.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Citi Field had some nice inaugural logos, but they couldn't use them as patches since the logo contained a corporate logo (Citi). I'd bet that the Twins will have the same issues with the Target Field inaugural logo, and will have to come up with something different that doesn't mention the stadium name.

The Yankees got around this situation since their stadium is not corporate-named.

They'll probably just do something like this.

:hasty MS Paint edit:

3981757630_dc3919fd9e.jpg

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

It's also possible that they only intend to use the 50th season logo as a uniform patch. Keep in mind that the Dallas Cowboys also opened their new stadium in their 50th season, yet AFAIK they didn't even bother to make a 50th-season logo at all, only a logo/patch for the stadium inaugural season.

CCSLC signature.png

twins-inaugseason.jpg

Is it just me or is the R in TARGET backward on the stadium?

It does seem that way, but it's what's beyond the 'R' that makes the 'R' hard to make out.

I can see that but no, it's just the way the 3D is rendering Bank Gothic. It's facing the proper direction.

Budweiser getting some nice free play on the cover...or do you think someone at the Twins was smart enough to ask for money first?

Me, if I'm the Twins: "So A-B InBev, we're coming out with the 2010 pocket schedules...if you pay $X for the back cover advertisement, I'll throw in an exclusive brand message featuring your ballpark signage as the cover shot for 25% of $X more."

A-B InBev: "This deal keeps us relevant in pro-MillerCoors country, so absolutely. Where do I sign?"

Cards.png

As a former employee of Target, the baseball/bullseye thing still impresses me, but doesn't surprise me at all. TGT is one of the most brand-conscious businesses I've ever seen, and they do a great job. As far as the logos, very solid execution across the board, especially the Inaug logo. Pretty and classic, while still simple and classic.

The 50 on the other logo seems to be from the same font (or a similar family) a the Royals' 40. Still, not bad at all.

And I'd bet the beer ad on the pics wasn't negotiated...otherwise the blur would be more subtle.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

As a former employee of Target, the baseball/bullseye thing still impresses me, but doesn't surprise me at all. TGT is one of the most brand-conscious businesses I've ever seen, and they do a great job. As far as the logos, very solid execution across the board, especially the Inaug logo. Pretty and classic, while still simple and classic.

The 50 on the other logo seems to be from the same font (or a similar family) a the Royals' 40. Still, not bad at all.

And I'd bet the beer ad on the pics wasn't negotiated...otherwise the blur would be more subtle.

I agree, which is why I'm still so confused about the rebrand of their "store brand" to "up and up". The target brand was too strong to get away from.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nice logos for sure. Between deaths and anniversaries, I can't think of the last time the Twins didn't have a special patch.

You are correct, its been a little busy on the Twins uniforms in recent years due to special events and other things.

2000 - 40th Season

2004 - Eloise Pohlad commemorative "Eloise" patch

2005 - Bob Casey (to my knowledge, no official patches on uniforms to commemorate his death)

2006 - Kirby Puckett "34" patch

2007 - Herb Carneal "Herb" patch

- I-35W memorial stickers on helmets (August/September)

2008 - Minnesota's Sesquicentennial patch (worn in May)

2009 - HHH Metrodome Final Season patch

- Carl Pohlad commemorative "Carl" patch

2010 - Target Field Inaugural Season

- 50th Season

If the Twins can continue their magical 2009 playoff push, there is always the possiblity of a "2009 World Series Champions" patch as well for the 2010 season. I doubt this will happen, but it would be nice to see.

Archived