NHL Thirds Concepts

raysox

Well, it was pleasantly cold down here in Florida today, so I decided to do some hockey concepts.

The first is for my team, the Tampa Bay Lightning. I only like the current alternate, only because it's blue. It's has random piping, and "Bolts" across the chest. So I did what I would do to it. I made a classic blue jersey, and put the Florida logo as the crest. I did put the Bolts script on the shoulder, so there wouldn't be Tampa Bay in small letters like on the primary logo.

TBL.png

Next was the Bruins. They have such a nice logo set. One of my favorite logos is the bear logo(see crest). Their alternate is the same as the home, but without a shoulder yoke, and a new logo. I say they shoulda gone nuts, and went yellow. 29 of 30 of the homes in the NHL are black, red, or blue(The Flyers changed to orange this season). I followed a similar yoke, and made new sleeve stripes because white on yellow doesn't really provide contrast. So here ya go!

BOS-1.png

EDIT- Well, rotating on Inkscape screwed up the wording on the logo. My bad, shoulda caught it before.

Last, is the Canucks. Personally, I LOVE the Johnny Canuck logo you see below. So I used it on this green alt jersey. I made it different than the current, with piping, and outlines on the numbers. Way better than their current Alt which is their home with a retro stick-in-ice logo. This is way better, in my opinion.

VAN.png

I think I did a pretty good job on these. So what do you say? Leave a comment. Thanks to Speedy for this awesome template.

Wow, you have really come a long way in your concepts ... I am really impressed!

I will comment on the Canucks one ... I like it for the most part, just not a big fan of piping. It just seems very unnecessary. Other then that I really like, especially the use of green.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Wow, good job on these. I don't think 'BOLTS' works really well for a shoulder logo. Bruins is awesome, love the yellow! Not a fan at all of green Canucks jerseys but it looks not too bad. You used the old stink in rink logo for the Canucks shoulders. Not sure if you did that on purpose though. Good job all around though.

That Bruins jersey is pretty much exactly what I wish they'd come out with, as I prefer the version of the shoulder logo with "BOSTON" arching over the top. Very nicely done.

I see what you were going for with the Lightning alt, but I would consider ditching the "Bolts" treatment on the shoulders. It's too many elements in too small a space. Perhaps you should consider using the "T" and "B" from either the primary or the "Bolts" wordmark, and using that on the shoulders. Nice pick on the chest logo, though.

The Canucks' is just a recolored Kings' alt, isn't it? I want to see Johnny Canuck on the front of a sweater, and I'd love to see more green in the league, but that sleeve piping is pretty incongruous to the rest of the Canucks' look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wow, good job on these. I don't think 'BOLTS' works really well for a shoulder logo. Bruins is awesome, love the yellow! Not a fan at all of green Canucks jerseys but it looks not too bad. You used the old stink in rink logo for the Canucks shoulders. Not sure if you did that on purpose though. Good job all around though.

I think all three are great. Nice work.

By the way, he used the current stick in rink logo on the shoulders

This is way better, in my opinion.

I think I did a pretty good job on these. So what do you say? Leave a comment. Thanks to Speedy for this awesome template.

I think you did a pretty good job, too. However, I would caution against giving yourself c+c or analyzing your own work in the first post, because it comes off a little cocky, in my opinion, and it's better to leave the commenting to the critics. Good work, though.

Yeah it was surprisingly pretty cool in palm harbor today lol. I really like all three, especially the Canucks one. Cant wait to see more.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Yeah it was surprisingly pretty cool in palm harbor today lol. I really like all three, especially the Canucks one. Cant wait to see more.

Wait, another board member from Palm Harbor? I thought raysox and I were the only ones.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Wait, another board member from Palm Harbor? I thought raysox and I were the only ones.

Im not actually in palm harbor (im up in east lake) but my mailing address says it lol.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Im not actually in palm harbor (im up in east lake) but my mailing address says it lol.

East Lake?!?! Gross.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Archived