FSU to debut Nike's Pro Combat unis

Geoff

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can already tell that this is going to be panned by the board...but wow, I'm blown away. Looks terrific. The pants are AMAZING. I've got mixed feelings on the helmet, but hey, if that's how they want to incorporate their tribute to the Unconquered look, then so be it.

So yeah, I love it. I wouldn't mind at all if FSU went this direction in a possible update.

After my initial reaction, which was utter horror, I've come to make a more coherent judgment of the uniforms...

The biggest problem, in my opinion, is the monochrome and gratuitous black. I don't really mind black trim, but the helmet is just ridiculous. Keep the helmet and pants gold.

While we only see one number, I really kind of like the number font, as it creates a more cohesive identity.

The feather aesthetic is pretty cool actually.

Hey, what's this on the cleats... and updated spear??? (upside down?) Perhaps some foreshadowing???

Gloves = crazy cool

Not sure what the hell is going on with the shoulders, and it doesn't really connect with the rest of look.

So really, while I think the black-garnet-garnet combo is atrocious, these have several cool ideas and are certainly interesting. I expect our full-time uniforms next season to be something in this style. Hopefully we don't become Oregon, with a garnet, gold, black, and white option for helmets, jerseys and pants.

Those are really cool. The only thing is I don't really like the numbers that much.. Oregon State from 2 years ago??

I love Penn State uniforms but I really wish they would stray away from the classics and get a uniform like this just for a game or 2 a year (home and away) but no more.

I gotta say, the timing of these uniforms doesn't really surprise me. Believe it or not, recruits dig this type of thing a lot and considering the heat that Bowden has been taking lately, this makes sense.

Oregon is a school that as we all know, has the newest and the most "nike-technology" applied uniforms in the NCAA. As a result, kids from all over the country will list Oregon as a top choice for college even though they will usually never make it onto campus.

The updated spear may have flown under the radar for a bit, found a little larger version with a Decal set through Amazon:

31GGKSntnPL._AA280_.jpg

I really like this whole set, especially the pants. The Pro Combat unis are probably gonna be standard in a couple years. Im also really diggin that new spear too, looks nice.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Blergh.

I mean, it's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but when you compare it to their normal uniform, which is one of the best looks in the NCAA, it's a pretty big disappointment.

Agreed. Their normal gold-garnet-gold set is absolutely beautiful. Not a fan of the black helmet or of the monochrome garnet. Also don't like the weird shoulder pattern. Just not a fan in general.

Archived