Washington Redskins

tj4eck

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's been a long time since I have made a concept so I figured I'd try to shake of the rust by redesigning my favorite NFL team the Washington Redskins.

1st off a ton of credit for the template from Brave-Bird 08.

-My design is based off of the Throwbacks that the Redskins occasionally pull out.

-I love the R in the circle/feather logo a lot and decided to use that as my helmet logo. (Just like the Redskins do with there throwback.)

-The jersey are also derived from the throwbacks.

-The pants were inspired by the helmet/socks Sean Taylor wore when he was still alive. (R.I.P.)

ST21.jpg

Away / Home

Version 1.1

RedskinsFinished.png

I know its a little bit un-clean but I got lazy :P

C&C mucho appreciated.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

interesting. love the jerseys on both, the pants...not so much

I found it funny you were inspired by Sean Taylors sock preference, which got him fined

maybe for a Broncos concept you could do striped swirls? :grin:

again, tho, the jerseys rock! so does the helmet!

I could send you that template in svg. if you have a compatible program u use...it would make the concept look cleaner.

Wow, Sean Taylor went overboard, just look at his facemask! :lol: As for the concept, yeesh, those pants are bright, try some continuity (sp?) in the striping as well, play with a few versions of the striping, the pants pattern may look good on the helmet, vise versa as well...

I agree about the yellow. It should probably be a lot more of a mustard shade. Right now, there's not really any consistency. You have different stripe patterns for the helmet, sleeves, and pants. If you're going to use that barberpole-style one, maybe try to incorporate it elsewhere.

VmWIn6B.png

Excellent. Most Redskins concepts fail to improve because the current set is just so classic and leaves little room for improvement.

Well done. The pants are a big risk, but knowing the reason for them (#21), I like them. I loved the 75th anniversary throwbacks and wished they had worn them more than once. The gold pants looked great, as did the helmet.

87Redskins.png

Version 2,1 is by far your best to this point. I might suggest that for consistency's sake, either add a yellow outline to the burgundy numbers on the road OR remove the outline from the white numbers on the home. I'd opt to remove the outline - the burgundy jersey has enough yellow to tie it together without that outline.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

You removed the best parts of the uniform. The best logo in the NFL and their dark red helmets.

Although I like the red helmet...I absolutly perfer the throwback yellow helmet and absolutly perfer the "R" in head-dress logo over the "Redskin" indian logo

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I like the orinial design the best. I do agree though that it needs continuity in the striping. I would take the stripes off the shoulders and put a TV number (which is required either on the sleeve or shoulder)and make yellow cuffs and collar. i would also take the yellow outline off the away numbers and make the script on the jersey white. For stripe continuity make the helmet stripe match the pattern on the pants. And dont the bottom of the socks have to be white in the NFL?

Archived