The 2010-2011 club soccer kit thread

Saintsfan

A couple of interesting kit deals announced by English soccer clubs, and our first leak of the season, as a Bundesliga teams outfits are leaked!

First off, the rumored deal between Newcastle United and Puma has been officially announced. This is a big deal as Newcastle are typically one of the bigger kit selling clubs. (Also Newcastle have extended there sponsorship deal with Northern Rock).

Birmingham City have announced that Xtepwill be there kit manufacturer from next season. This is a big deal, because Xtep are Chinese, as are the Blues owners. All part of a marketing strategy. Be interesting to see what this newcomer to the European market will produce.

Also, here is a link to a leak of the 2010-11 Bayern Munich kits.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never really understand why this thread is allowed to stay when we have this sticky at the top of the board.

To all CCSLCers,

Regarding any "leaked" logos and uniforms that have been accessed.

Please cool it.

This site and boards could face severe legal problems one day for housing this information and I would appreciate it if all of you out there would help to prevent this from happening by not posting such graphics in the future.

Thank you.

Chris Creamer

Never really understand why this thread is allowed to stay when we have this sticky at the top of the board.

To all CCSLCers,

Regarding any "leaked" logos and uniforms that have been accessed.

Please cool it.

This site and boards could face severe legal problems one day for housing this information and I would appreciate it if all of you out there would help to prevent this from happening by not posting such graphics in the future.

Thank you.

Chris Creamer

There's a big difference between referencing logos leaked by another site and actually posting leaked logos on these boards.

Bayern has worn hooped kits even before FC Dallas' existence. And those are striped, not hooped. I don't like how the sponsor looks...

The home is striped. The change strip is hooped.

Arsenal will be getting a new home kit. Finally - I like the current shirt, but it just isn't Arsenal.

Nike have been a bit inconsistent about applying either a one or two year cycle. Manchester United have tended to be on a one year cycle recently, Arsenal have varied a bit (I know the claret shirt was a one season special, but have they stuck to a 2 year cycle since then? Not sure exactly!)

Anyways hopefully Arsenal will be back in the classic red shirt with white sleeves for 2010-11. (Not that I like the team at all but its what they should be wearing!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The kit cycle is determined by the club, not the kit manufacturer.

I think its actually agreed between the club and the manufacturer as part of the contract. I think its more of a agreement rather than the club saying.

I think that actually Arsenal have had a long term contract with Nike, and they probably agreed a long time ago to a 2 year kit cycle. But the manufacturers tend to prefer 1 year cycles, but clubs tend to like 2 year cycles as it puts less pressure on the fans. (And fans will always get the chance to buy a home shirt one year and an away shirt the next if they want to!) But whether its a one or two year cycle will affect the amount the contract is worth.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

You are undoubtedly correct that it is part of the contract, but larger clubs certainly have the upper hand in determining the length of the cycle. Nike needs ManU and Arsenal a lot more than they need it - the massive clubs would still sell truckloads of stuff if Adidas, Puma or Umbro made the kits and merchandise.

Man U has obviously decided that it's okay with one-year kits (don't forget that the clubs have a financial incentive to sell merchandise as well). Arsenal has been on a two-year cycle since the 1980s, encompassing three different kit manufacturers - Umbro, Adidas, and Nike.

The kit cycle is determined by the club, not the kit manufacturer.

I think its actually agreed between the club and the manufacturer as part of the contract. I think its more of a agreement rather than the club saying.

I think that actually Arsenal have had a long term contract with Nike, and they probably agreed a long time ago to a 2 year kit cycle. But the manufacturers tend to prefer 1 year cycles, but clubs tend to like 2 year cycles as it puts less pressure on the fans. (And fans will always get the chance to buy a home shirt one year and an away shirt the next if they want to!) But whether its a one or two year cycle will affect the amount the contract is worth.

MLS Has a deal with Adidas such that every team gets new kits every 2 years. It done such that every year half the clubs get new kits.

United still have 2 year rotation for the home kit. The away is new every year and the old away shirt becomes the alternate for the next season so really every kit is around for 2 years. This cycle was only broken with last years special blue shirt for the 40th anniversary as the alternate instead of, I believe, the black shirt.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

Arsenal Kit History

Arsenal have always had a 2 year cycle, except for the 2005-2006 season which was a Highbury commemorative kit.

The basic concept for Arsenal have stayed the same, Red shirt, white sleeves, white shorts. Socks have varied from red socks, to white socks, to hooped socks featuring blue.

As for the latest kit, its not Arsenal enough IMO. It's also the first time they've included redcurrant as an accent colour in their home kit.

United still have 2 year rotation for the home kit. The away is new every year and the old away shirt becomes the alternate for the next season so really every kit is around for 2 years. This cycle was only broken with last years special blue shirt for the 40th anniversary as the alternate instead of, I believe, the black shirt.

Actually this season is the 3rd season in a row United have had a new home kit. This will become 4 next season when a new sponsorship deal pushes them to have a new one.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Actually this season is the 3rd season in a row United have had a new home kit. This will become 4 next season when a new sponsorship deal pushes them to have a new one.

Actually, it isn't. United did change their kits this year to the chevron design on their shirts, but they kept their previous home kit (the plain red shirt, white shorts and black socks) for two years. The blank home kit on the website you provided was an one-off tribute kit for those who perished in the Munich Air Disaster. It was used during last year's Manchester Derby at Old Trafford.

As for next year, the sponsor will change but the shirt will not.

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

Archived