NHL 2012

Bmac

I have been working on this project, NHL 2012, for quite some time now, and I am finally ready to start posting some of the teams. NHL 2012 is a project I put together that takes a look at how teams might look in a few years. I have done a lot of research on NHL uniform trends and marketing over the years, as well as gathered information about possible upcoming changes for this project.

I even edited the official NHL Rules. Here is a grab (I didn't want to post the whole long document) at the new Rulebook, the Uniforms section:

UniformRulesgrab.png

In time for the 2012 NHL season, the league expands it's rules to allow teams to have a 4th jersey. This is mostly for marketing purposes.

There are several new trends and fads introduced during the next few years, things like wordmarks on the hems of jerseys and other little things like that.

Enjoy the project! C+C is always appreciated.

Teams unveiled so far:

LogoSheetFinal.png

Anaheim Ducks

Ducksthumbnail.png

2011: The Ducks introduce an alternate jersey, a throwback to the Mighty Ducks days. It is widely popular amoung the fan base, and the Ducks plan a switch back to the old look for the upcoming year.

2012: The team unveils it's new (or old) look, the old colors and a modified version of the original Mighty Ducks logo. The Ducks keep their current logos and uniform design, just altering the colors. A black alternate jersey is also released, using the Ducks wordmark to keep some ties to the previous era look.

**Final Update**

DucksHome2.png

DucksRoad2.png

DucksAlt3.png

DucksAlt4.png

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my, that is a glorious Ducks set. Exactly what I would want them to do: revert back to their old colours (unique in pretty much all of North American Sports) and logo, but keep the current wordmark and jersey template. Excellent work.

I definitely like the Home and Away jerseys, aside from the butt wordmark. Their new template with their old colours looks very good, and I like what you did with the classic logo to update it.

With the first alt, I like the style and everything, but the silver numbers and striping don't seem to mesh with the rest of the jersey. It'd probably look better with white numbers and green sleeve/sock stripes. If the sleeve stripes went purple-green-white, it would match the side panels much better, I think.

As for the fauxback, I'm not feeling it. But I despise modern-logo-in-circle logos to begin with, so you should probably just ignore my opinion on that.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The back wordmark doesn't work with the curved striping on the first two...I'd put it on the other two as they don"t have that issue. Otherwise, I do like the concept but still don't know if I like the old logo...

I really like the home and away jerseys. You might want to clean up your Photoshop job on the jerseys since it looks a bit rough though.

This may seem like a funny idea, but how about you make the second alt a throwback to the current Ducks unis? You're already using the D logo that the current set uses, so why don't you just go all out and make the jerseys black and orange?

This is a bit nitpicky, but you might want to establish a bit more uniformity between the wordmarks, especially on the dark alt. The wordmark on the helmet might look better on the jersey than the one you have on the jersey right now if that makes any sense. I feel like the black/eggplant/silver is a bit too washed out to be seen easily, so adding a jade trim around the wordmark might make it pop a bit more, especially if you want the body of the wordmark to still be grey. All that aside though, I really like this concept and I'm looking forward to what else you have up your sleeve!

330zl3b.png

I think the "D" on the shoulder of the home and away should be silver or white instead of green. I really don't like the circular design behind the duck logo. What was wrong with the triangle? or why not just add a border around the mask and sticks and remove the background all together? Also, what's going on with the word mark on the back end of the jersey? I love the idea of the home and away but i think a few tweaks could make this amazing!

I think the 4th jersey is solid, 100%.

However, I hate the black third jersey. I have an idea of what I would do but it certainly wouldn't be this. Ehhh, i'd love to shoot you some ideas on this project. It seems really cool.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Thanks to everyone for the C+C. I would like to work on a quick update for the Ducks, but I'm not really sure where to go with it. People were on either side of things, some like the alts, some hate them, things like that. I've worked on a few other options, but I still think the original set looks the best. A little more C+C might help in making a decision.

Ryoma- I considered keeping a jersey with the current colors, but I thought it would be too soon for a team to realistically bring back such a recent jersey as a throwback type thing.

Worcat- The black circle is supposed to be a puck (at least that's how I always saw it), and I always thought the triangle cluttered the logo. I could try the triangle, but I'm not crazy about having both the "puck" and the triangle, again, too cluttered.

I'd love just a bit more feedback so I can work on some updates.

The home and away looks wonderful in the old Mighty Ducks colors, the shoulder logo fits right in. The primary logo is nice, good update from the original. Only problem with it is that the graphic is Disney's, would they even allow that to happen? One last thing is that having Ducks slapped on the ass doesn't do much for these at all.

The first alt. works no problem. The logo from the 2nd alt. being on the pants isn't that great though, if you had that exact logo as the shoulder patch, it'd look nice. If you had something on the sleve where the no.'s are, I think the sleves would look much better. BTW, I don't understand what you did with the neck of the template.

The 2nd alt. only has one problem for me. The chest logo and shoulder patches seem so out of place with their colors. The rest works for me.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Greetings, everybody! I don't really have any artistic ability whatsoever, so I won't be posting any designs on this site, but as kids my brother and I used to draw logos and uniforms for hockey and soccer teams of our own invention, so this site/forums is *so* cool. Anyway, enough about me, and more about the thread that prompted me to actually join up rather than simply lurk.

Let me just say that I *really* dig the home and road jerseys (minus the Ducks wordmark on the lower back). While I like the current Anaheim colors, I have a lot of nostalgia for the super-dated Disney "classics" so this is a near perfect update. Using the webbed-foot "D" as an alternate logo is great. The current Ducks jerseys would look infinitely better by simply using the "D." Hockey uses big sweater crests--not words (minus the Wild thirds). Two things: I agree with worcat--the shoulder patch on the home/purple jerseys should be silver--the teal/purple combo is a bit too dark, IMO, and the original triangle-backed logo would be better.

As for the thirds, I think they are well done, but I'm not personally a huge fan of many thirds. The black version is a good nod to Anaheim's last pre-RBK Edge (although I personally thought the black/purple combo was pretty revolting). The white ones are nicely "retro" and use the "D" as I'd like to see it used, but a retro jersey for a non-retro, "non-hockey market" team seems kinda incongruous to me.

Anyway, I really like these a lot and can't wait to see the other teams (even the one's that really shouldn't be touched--especially my Wings!). Keep up the good work!

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Time for some updates. I changed the logo to be more similar to the original. I also tweaked some of the logos on the home and road jerseys. The black alt has been modified, with the colors switched around. And lastly, how about a jade jersey?

Anaheim Ducks

2011: The Ducks intorduce an alternate jersey, a throwback to the Mighty Ducks days. It is widely popular amoung the fan base, and the Ducks plan a switch back to the old look for the upcoming year.

2012: The team unveils it's new (or old) look, the old colors and a modified version of the original Mighty Ducks logo. The Ducks keep their current logos and uniform design, just altering the colors. A black alternate jersey is also released, using the Ducks wordmark to keep some ties to the previous era look.

DucksHome2.png

DucksRoad2.png

DucksAlt3.png

DucksAlt4.png

NIce! The lighter shoulder patches on the purple jersey and the triangular logo on the home/road look great. Losing the "Ducks" on the tails was the right thing to do too. You're just making me wish even more that they'd actually do this.

The black thirds look way better with white letters/numbers and, although you know I don't care for the Ducks word mark on the jersey, it looks so much better in white too. It really stands out. It was kinda "drowned" before. Oh, and black/teal socks are a huge improvement over the black/purple ones, and I like how the purple/white/teal pattern on the sides match the socks. The white on the first version looked a bit like a warm up jersey.

As for the fourths, I though about it a bit more and in addition to what I said before about the forced retro feel of the white ones, I think they were too similar to the away whites for my liking. Basically just different stripes.

So. I hated the Ducks' original Wild Wing thirds back in the day--I thought so much teal was putrid and the white shoulder yokes were really weak, and I still don't like teal jerseys very much. BUT. I think your design is a good idea. They're as "retro" as the Ducks can get, nodding the nasty thirds they had, and the purple yokes are way bolder than the old white ones.

I think my only concern is the teal "D" on a teal jersey, but I don;t see what else would work. A purple one would look bad too and make for too much purple. A silver one wouldn't work because you'd have to change the inner color, and then it would look like an empty purple ring. So I say keep it. I'm not sure about the silver collar... Would a purple one look bad?

Anyway, glad to see these tweaks!

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Have you considered a white D logo on the 4th jersey to match the wordmark on the 3rd? You could just make the inner circle green to compensate.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Have you considered a white D logo on the 4th jersey to match the wordmark on the 3rd? You could just make the inner circle green to compensate.

That's what I was saying would look strange: a teal inner circle on a teal jersey would make a purple donut and look cheap, IMO.

The home jersey looks a lot like something I threw together before (not that I'm accusing you of ripping me off or anything, since I've never actually posted it on here :P).

That being said, the jerseys look great. But I'm not sure I like the squashed duck mask, or the way the D is coloured in places. It doesn't really feel right in either eggplant or jade. Maybe make it silver for the 4th jersey?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Ok, here's how I'm going to break it down.

The uniforms look tremendous in the old Mighty Ducks colors. As a matter of fact, I wish they would do this. I miss the Mighty Ducks and would trade this Anaheim Ducks stuff to revert to the old anyday. My only issues are this: As much as I like the D foot logo, having it teal looks drowned. I recommend keeping it champagne colored, but instead of the orange outline which you have as purple, make that teal. And where it's black, make it purple. If you follow this guide for the teal alternate uniform as well I think it'd look fantastic. I also think the wordmark should stay champagne. Adding champange were one of the very few things I liked about the new Ducks identity and I think it's a great complimenting color.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived