Milwaukee Brewers

Lights Out

brewershome1.png

brewersaway1.png

brewerstatc.png

I've always thought that the 1994-2001 colors used by the Brew Crew were among the best color schemes in sports history. Something about those shades of navy, gold, and kelly green worked very well together, so I brought them back. They beat the extremely generic color scheme the Brewers use today easily.

For the home and away, I decided to pay homage to two major parts of the beer-brewing process: beer barrels and wheat. The home uniform features empty beer barrels waiting to be filled, stacked up in a pile, signifying how every season begins with a clean slate, and the team hopes to "fill up the barrels" with moments, signature wins, and of course, the World Series title. (If the Yankees don't buy it first.) The away uniform uses the very same wheat stalk from the cap logo, repeated and put into groups, meant to emulate a field of wheat.

The alternate is a complete homage to the Brewers' TATC uniform, with some tweaks. Gone is a script entirely, replaced by a front number. The uniform is now green instead of navy, and the number font is different from either the TATC set or the home and away of this set.

Caps will be forthcoming. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

this is getting ridiculous!

I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice!

hey yo fat girl, c'mere...are ya ticklish?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

i was going to be a dick and post my WTF cat pic but i kinda like this so i didn't.

i personally like their color scheme they have now versus the navy, green and gold. i don't know, just don't like that scheme. also not big on the fonts.

other than that its a pretty neat fan jersey or special promo jersey. i don't know if any self respecting brewers fan would ever wear it but i like it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Not sold on the home top at all, but I think a small improvement at least would be to stack the barrels in the same direction, it looks very odd to me at the moment. Make it look more like one would actually stack barrels.

I really like the road, I think it looks great, and I don't mind the alt.

I'd change the NOB fonts too, I don't like the home and away, but could cope with you using the alt font on all of them, though I wonder if it would become tough to read.

I hope to see the home really reworked (though other than my previous suggestion I'm not sure how), but a thumbs up to the other two.

yeah, i called you fat, look at me i'm skinny, it never keeps me from getting busy...

Picture21.png

yeah, i called you fat, look at me i'm skinny, it never keeps me from getting busy...

Piggie James does not approve. :grin:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

All I can say is wow.. that road jersey with the bushels on front.. wow really cool feature.. and the 3rd jersey.. whoa...very interesting look but I am not too keen on the player name going from up to down.. ehhh

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

They are cool looking, but in a fashion jersey kind of way. Not what most baseball fans want to see players wearing every day. Just too radical, for a sport (and fans) very tradition-based. Maybe once a month as an alternative.

Also think of how it would look with pants...the full colored graphics would abruptly end at the waistline, tucked in, and look out of place.

Nice artistic job.

All I can say is wow.. that road jersey with the bushels on front.. wow really cool feature.. and the 3rd jersey.. whoa...very interesting look but I am not too keen on the player name going from up to down.. ehhh

Just as an aside, the third jersey is a tribute to the TATC uniform the Brewers actually wore, and during the TATC promo, the NOBs were arranged like that.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm a freak, I like the girls with the boom. I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived