New soccer template

chestnutz

So the past few days I been thinkin' I'm not TOTALLY down with the template that everyone is using nowadays, the one from switchimageproject. Great template don't get me wrong, but me, I'm a fan of more 3D ones, I don't like the flatness of that one. With ones that are a bit more 3D, I can see more of what it'd actually look like.

So I took some elements from other templates, namely the shorts from switchimage and the beatnik's socks, and took inspiration from the simple photoshop jerseys everyone uses over at footballshirtculture, made that into an illustrator jersey with the same sort of cut style switchimage uses.

Confusing stuff I know, but basically I've come up with a few different preset jersey cuts and collars, with ones like Adidas and Puma being form fitting and skinnier.

all-temps-small.png

Here are some example concepts I threw together quick using it:

usa-example.png

argentina-example.png (yes I know Argentina isn't umbro)

adidas-eample.png

So if enough people are interested I'll hand it out to y'all, I'm probably going to try and make some more styles.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

ah man, i was hoping for a templat that works for paint. oh well, great job though

I'm not familiar at all with paint, so I'm not sure how to make it work in that. If you could let me know I'd be happy to make it paint compatible.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, what format does everyone prefer it in? Right now I have it in AI CS4, so I assume I should make one for lower levels of AI (is .eps just easier?) and .svg

I'm going to make a few tweaks to make it as user friendly as possible, since I'm not sure if I work differently than others.

spacer.png

.eps or .svg would be perfect for me, as well as .ai or .psd

Whatever you're using (although I only have CS installed on this laptop, I do have a legit copy of CS4) will work.

I generally do all the outlines in black on the top layer, then have my sublimates/shading/textures/crest on the second layer, then numbers and text on the third and finally a fill colour on the fourth.

To me, this looks more flat than the one at switchimage. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your intent, though. The Spain one doesn't look too bad, but the sleeves on the other two, the way they curve 'up' seems strange. I also don't know that I'm getting the little 'hump' in the bottom hem.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

To me, this looks more flat than the one at switchimage. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your intent, though. The Spain one doesn't look too bad, but the sleeves on the other two, the way they curve 'up' seems strange. I also don't know that I'm getting the little 'hump' in the bottom hem.

Hmm, I see what you're saying, I'll try and work on it. I guess I just prefer jersey templates that actually are shaped the way they would look on a person. Switchimage's sleeves, for example, are off to the side like a T, I prefer them down like an actual person would wear them. I guess that's where my more "3D" way of thinking comes from.

spacer.png

Alright, worked on the sleeves a little bit, I'm not entirely sure how to make them look better but I tried to make it a bit more 3D and toned down the upward curve of them.

arsenal-example.png

Instead of just e-mailing them, I'll put up a CS4, CS2, and SVG version on mediafire

So, download away!

http://www.mediafire.com/chestnutz

spacer.png

ah man, i was hoping for a templat that works for paint. oh well, great job though

I'm not familiar at all with paint, so I'm not sure how to make it work in that. If you could let me know I'd be happy to make it paint compatible.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, what format does everyone prefer it in? Right now I have it in AI CS4, so I assume I should make one for lower levels of AI (is .eps just easier?) and .svg

I'm going to make a few tweaks to make it as user friendly as possible, since I'm not sure if I work differently than others.

i dont really know how to make it paint compatible. all i know is that there cant really be any fuzziness or change in colors. unfortunatly i dont think i can really help there. the soccer paint templates on th paint paradise page isnt really working(weird website thing) but thanks anyway

maehl.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived