Texas Longhorns Rivalry Jersey

Lights Out

texas.png

The "Rivalry Uniform" college football series has returned with another uniform much in the same vein as this Florida concept I made a while back. This would be worn against Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas A&M. I used the top half of the longhorn to create a Michigan-esque effect on the helmet. I then continued the longhorn onto the jersey where it creates a color-contrasting panel and creates the illusion of the longhorn "charging" at the rival team. A simple side panel with "Hook 'em Horns" suffices on the pants.

Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's a cool idea, and I like the execution

Realistically, I don't think it would fly since it's not obvious if it's a colored or white jersey- BYU had a jersey ("the bib") a while back that was banned by the NCAA due it being unclear which category the jersey fell into....

byu-bibs.jpg

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Nice upgrade!

I think Black numbers would help(maybe white #s with a black outline?), even though black has no part of their current look (correct me if I'm wrong). The numbers right now just seem to blend into the jersey, which would make them near impossible to see from the stands.

The only other thing I would fix is that the shoulder numbers are both upside down...They should face out, not face in towards the helmet

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

I've noticed a lot of complaints on the helmet - maybe an explanation would help: the longhorn logo is supposed to take up almost the whole uniform here. It begins on the helmet with the horns and continues onto the jersey with the orange portion. That's why I've kept the helmet that way. It'd only be worn with this rivalry uniform as well.

texas3.png

Black outlines added, TV numbers hopefully fixed. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It's just not working for me. Addition of black 'cheapens' the look IMO, and I'm not a fan of the 'bib' thing you have going on here. What would the back look like? Maybe refining the jersey coloring to look more realistic, but maintaining some semblance of the logo would look better. The way you have it now, it's creating weird panels (you should also warp the logo to make it look more even, look at the shoulders). IDK, right now, it's just screaming Arena Football to me, and not Longhorn Football.

Archived