Padres considering new uniforms in 2011.

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:unsure: I just read an article from a San Diego newspaper that the Padres may very well be getting new uniforms for next season, but nobody knows what the changes will be, due to the MLB rule. I hope I don't get in trouble for this.

Okay, I'll ask. Why would you get in trouble?

We can speculate all we want. Nothing against that. Trouble comes when you give a whole detailed account of the yet to be released uniform or provide pictures.

That said, I'm hoping that they emphasize the Swinging Friar a lot more. I'm also hoping they dump the road script, because it's just very odd considering that they used the city's promotional logo for a wordmark.

VmWIn6B.png

B) The Padres are due for a uniform change.At least change their road jerseys. I have a hunch they will go with brown and gold with the wordmark they used in 1969. Forest green/brown/ khaki would also be a good look for them. Four jerseys; home,road,brown alternate,and a new camoflauge jersey. I kind of like the brown and mustard gold.Maybe some navy blue drop shadowing too. The Padres would be the only major league team to wear that color combination. I can only guess at this point. I'd love to see some templates or ideas some might have.

B) The Padres are due for a uniform change.At least change their road jerseys. I have a hunch they will go with brown and gold with the wordmark they used in 1969. Forest green/brown/ khaki would also be a good look for them. Four jerseys; home,road,brown alternate,and a new camoflauge jersey. I kind of like the brown and mustard gold.Maybe some navy blue drop shadowing too. The Padres would be the only major league team to wear that color combination. I can only guess at this point. I'd love to see some templates or ideas some might have.

Brown and gold or why bother?

Whatever they do, they really need to stick with the general identity forever. They're the Canucks of MLB.

My fantasy is the 1985-1990 (or whatever it was) brown and Orange color scheme...with no pinstripes on the road and potentially different wordmark. I thought that color scheme was great. particularly against the gray on the road jersey. It would be unique in MLB without being gaudy (which I think the is the problem when they use brown/yellow or brown/yellow/orange).

However, throwbackmainia does not include that scheme, so if they do change, it'll likely be brown and yellow, unless they stand pat.

Padres...make a choice now and stick with it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

back to the early eighties look and then leave it like that forever!

I could live with that. Whatever they do, though, I hope brown is the primary color. I would make the argument that is was their identity for so long, but they've almost been without brown for as long as they had it.

Since their inception, the Padres have not maintained a single uniform look for a decade. And if they change uniforms yet again in 2011, this will continue to hold true.

I remember the White Sox also suffered from multiple uniform personality disorder as well from at least the late 70s through early 90s. From the blue pajamas to the NASCAR type uniforms to the scripts to the Black Sunday version. At least the current iteration has been largely unchanged.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think the Padres actually got it just right on the first try, and have been going downhill ever since:

44501978.jpg

35521_01_lg.jpg

45256_01_lg.jpg

padres.jpg

Gorgeous, distinctive color scheme. It works better with two colors, before they added orange, which made the whole thing garish.

seconded! i'd sign on for this set in a heartbeat.

sig2024.png

I think replacing the navy blue with brown in their current set would make the Padres look good; they would just need to add some orange trim and then the sandy-gold would take care of itself (being a virtually road-only color, and not cluttering the brown/orange look too much). They would just need to make the "Padres" script in the same fashion as the current road "San Diego" script, and they would look pretty good.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I think the Padres actually got it just right on the first try, and have been going downhill ever since:

44501978.jpg

35521_01_lg.jpg

45256_01_lg.jpg

padres.jpg

Gorgeous, distinctive color scheme. It works better with two colors, before they added orange, which made the whole thing garish.

seconded! i'd sign on for this set in a heartbeat.

I'll give it a third. When I think of the Padres in brown and gold, this set never comes to mind. But if that combo was used this way, I could absolutely see it returning. (I don't mind DustDevil's idea of modifying their current set with brown, either.)

44501978.jpg

35521_01_lg.jpg

45256_01_lg.jpg

padres.jpg

This would work, if they lost the San Diego 200th Anniversary and MLB patches.

I like the current colors that they use, what I hate is the script "Padres" and road "San Diego" along with the friggin' cutesy serif numbers. I hate cutesy numbers. Use either the of the fonts in the 80's and they'd look good. By the way, were the road uniforms more yellow when they were first introduced? I swear they've gotten lighter over the years.

Archived