Padres Concept

Gfonk04

So, as everyone here knows, the Padres have military appreciation jerseys that they wear just about every Sunday. Many people say that these uniforms use an obsolete camouflage pattern on the jerseys, what's called the tri-color desert pattern. Some people say that it's not in use any more, which isn't true, the Navy still wears the pattern, but it is on the chopping block, being replaced by a desert version of the new Navy Working Uniform at the end of the year. But regardless, in the era of "digital" camouflage, the tri-colors do look a little dated.

Anyway, all of that to say that this is my first ever concept, and it's an updating of the Friars' military jersey.

I've gone all digital, taking the blue cammo of the Navy's new NWUs and the desert MARPAT ("Marine Pattern," used by the Marine Corps) and combined them to create the uniform. For those that don't know, San Diego is chock full of Navy (North Island, Coronado, San Diego Harbor, Balboa Hospital, Point Loma...) and Marine Corps (Camp Pendleton, Miramar, the Recruit Depot...), and I think the blue and tan of those services mesh well with the Padres' current look of navy and sand.

Also, in line with the NWUs and MCCUs, I've sublimated the Padres' "SD" logo in the cammo pattern. The Navy uses the sublimated "Anchor, Constitution and Eagle" or "ACE" from the Navy Seal throughout their NWU pattern, while the Marines use the famous "Eagle, Globe and Anchor" or "EGA" on both their desert and woodland uniforms. So I thought that using that design motif would work well on this concept.

Finally, I used a yellow ribbon logo reminiscent of those car magnets you see everywhere but inscribed with the name of the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, a charity dedicated to providing counseling, financial aid and advice, and other services to sailors and Marines in need. If these were ever on the market, it would be nice to see proceeds from jersey and ticket sales go to a worthy cause like NMCRS.

After years on this board, mostly watching and admiring, this is my first concept, so be gentle, but I hope this works as a modern update to the Padres' current military look.

padresconcept.png

Grunge-Logos.png

i love this! :shocked::shocked: i really do...u have actually solved what I always thought the problem was with SD's military uniforms......I understand not everyone can use it, but this is for a good cause......GREAT WORK! (coming from an active-duty Marine in Japan)

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

This is good, because on their current set the wordmark seems to get camouflaged more than the player. You seem to have solved that issue, so far as I can tell.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived