What would you like to see in MLB for 2011 season?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by me in the graveyarded thread about this same topic. Just ideas and guesses based off what kinds of things change each year.

"All random speculation:

-Orioles introduce Black alt cap featuring their circular Maryland Flag logo.

-Indians go full time to their block C cap, in another step toward phasing out the Chief.

-A's drop their entire Black uniform set(did they already do that?) and replace it with a retro Yellow alt.

-Mariners bring back the Teal alts, this time vests with Navy sleeves.

-Diamondbacks change number color on home & road jerseys from Black to Red.

-Giants remove road script and replace it with 'SF' logo on left chest, Black outlined in Orange."

Originally posted by me in the graveyarded thread about this same topic. Just ideas and guesses based off what kinds of things change each year.

"All random speculation:

-Orioles introduce Black alt cap featuring their circular Maryland Flag logo.

-Indians go full time to their block C cap, in another step toward phasing out the Chief.

-A's drop their entire Black uniform set(did they already do that?) and replace it with a retro Yellow alt.

-Mariners bring back the Teal alts, this time vests with Navy sleeves.

-Diamondbacks change number color on home & road jerseys from Black to Red.

-Giants remove road script and replace it with 'SF' logo on left chest, Black outlined in Orange."

I'm on board with that speculation. How about the Blue Jays adding some...err...BLUE to their set. I'd keep their road grays.

Do you think we could also reach a consensus among the AL teams to limit the powder blue and one in the NL to limit the red?

Rays, Jays and Royals all employ a light powder-like color. All are good in their own way. I think the Jays' jersey is nice, but dated. The Royals belong in ROYAL blue, no? I'd let the Rays keep it. It's actually a part of their color scheme.

Not much you can do in the NL since the Reds and Cardinals need red in their set. However, can we give the Astros their own unique gold identity. How about basing a set on gun-metal grey (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gunmetal-grey), little black, gold? How about a true brick red for the D-backs? It would make sense for that market (Coyotes are a brick red).

Brick and maroon, to my knowledge, are not really used in MLB. Why not? I realize Phillie red is different than Cardinal red, but how about some variety to let the true originators of red (Cardinals, Reds, Phillies) stand out? Even the nationals would look better as a blue-based team. I think two shades of blue, gray, white and silver (with red accents) would be sharp and logical for them.

The AL doesn't seem to have this red epidemic.

reds need to get rid of the black and drop shadows.

I can't see that happening. The drop shadow goes with the logo and that remained untouched during the last redesign (even the ugly block letters in the logo). And the black is here to stay since they sell so many of them. I live in Houston and I constantly see Reds hats with either the black bill/red cap or red bill/ black cap.

Brick and maroon, to my knowledge, are not really used in MLB. Why not? I realize Phillie red is different than Cardinal red, but how about some variety to let the true originators of red (Cardinals, Reds, Phillies) stand out? Even the nationals would look better as a blue-based team. I think two shades of blue, gray, white and silver (with red accents) would be sharp and logical for them.

No it's not. They're exactly the same.

Hmm... I wouldn't have guessed that. The Cardinals' red just seems brighter. Maybe it's the dumb blue button on the Phillies caps that just makes it seem dull.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would have said the Phillies red was brighter. This is also coming from the kid who thought all teams used the same shades of red, navy, and royal blue.

The Twins will probably get rid of their throwbacks, although I really like them. They should also get rid of the sleeveless version of the home uniform which I do not recall them wearing once this year. Then, they should introduce a navy road uniform so they can quit wearing the ones that say "Twins" for road games.

The Twins will probably get rid of their throwbacks, although I really like them. They should also get rid of the sleeveless version of the home uniform which I do not recall them wearing once this year. Then, they should introduce a navy road uniform so they can quit wearing the ones that say "Twins" for road games.

They most likely have already gotten rid of them. I believe they last wore it during Interleague play in 2009 vs. the Brewers. I think the Twins should bring back the red alternate as a home alt. The blue one can be used for the road.

They most likely have already gotten rid of them. I believe they last wore it during Interleague play in 2009 vs. the Brewers. I think the Twins should bring back the red alternate as a home alt. The blue one can be used for the road.

can the Twins just use their throwback homes and current grays? What a set that'd be.

can the Twins just use their throwback homes and current grays? What a set that'd be.

To be honest i think a lot of mlb teams could use throwbacks as their alts at least, as previously stated the twins, mariners, padres, and the A's

I completely disagree. The last things teams need are more alternates like this. A single navy alternate is enough.

I completely disagree. The last things teams need are more alternates like this. A single navy alternate is enough.

But would you agree on two different-colored alternate jerseys? Such as red and blue?

Hmm... I wouldn't have guessed that. The Cardinals' red just seems brighter. Maybe it's the dumb blue button on the Phillies caps that just makes it seem dull.

I would have said the Phillies red was brighter. This is also coming from the kid who thought all teams used the same shades of red, navy, and royal blue.

The Angels, Twins, Rangers, Cardinals, Phillies, Nationals and Braves all use the same shade of Red for both print and fabrics:

PMS_200_C_SRGB.pngPTX_19-1664_TCX_SRGB.png

Archived