WHEN Nike Takes Over the NFL...

mbannon92

Earlier this summer, when several college teams unveiled new (permanent) uniforms on Nike's Pro Combat template, I thought to myself, "what if Nike provided the uniforms for the NFL?" (Which, on October 12, the NFL announced will happen in 2012.) So, I decided to take on the task of redesigning the NFL on Nike's Pro Combate template. I tried to think about what Nike would do for each team, but a lot of what you will see is personal preference on my part. A lot of the teams look exactly the same or similar, but some teams will go to throwback looks (as Nike did for a lot of the Pro Combat college teams), some will get nice changes, and a few will get some radical uniforms, as the 10 "official" Pro Combat college teams usually do.

I'm going to do this like dgnmrwrw did his NFL redesign earlier this year. Once or twice a week I'll unveil a division, comment on what I was thinking for each team, look at the C&C, and make updates based on what you guys say.

NFC East

Cowboys: Home Road Throwback

Eagles: White 1 White 2 Teal

Giants: Home Road

Redskins: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

AFC East

Bills: Home Road Road Alt Throwback

Dolphins: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Jets: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt Throwback

Patriots: Home Road Home Alt Throwback

NFC North

Bears: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Lions: Home Road Throwback

Packers: Home Road

Vikings: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt Throwback

AFC North

Bengals: Home Road Home Alt 1 Home Alt 2 Road Alt

Browns: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Ravens: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Steelers: Home Road Throwback

NFC South

Buccaneers: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt Throwback

Falcons: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt Throwback

Panthers: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Saints: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt Throwback

AFC South

Colts: Home Road Throwback

Jaguars: Home Road Home Alt

Texans: Home Road Home Alt Home Alt 2 Road Alt

Titans: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

NFC West

49ers: Home Road

Cardinals: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Rams: Home Road

Seahawks: Home Road Home Alt Home Alt 2 Road Alt

AFC West

Broncos: Home Road Road Alt

Chargers: Home Road Road Alt

Chiefs: Home Road Road Alt

Raiders: Home Road Blackout

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, without further adieu, here is the NFC East.

Cowboys: Home Road

Eagles: White 1 White 2 Teal

Giants: Home Road

Redskins: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Cowboys: Not a ton of change here...I made the colors consistent (navy and the helmet silver) and made the striping the same on both unis.

Eagles: I got rid of the "midnight green" or whatever they call it and went back to kelly green. I also used a new font for the numbers, NOB, and wordmark.

Giants: Went back to the '80s-'90s look, not much else to say.

Redskins: Here is the first throwback of the series. I just really like the tomahawk unis they had, and feel that Nike would too.

The giants would never stand for an all white jersey, but i like how you brought back the stripes from the 80s. I also like the inclusion of gold pants for the redskins, since they've been afraid to bring those back

Huh? The Giants would never stand for an all white jersey? What?

If you're going to use contemporary stylings like italics and funky pants stripes on the Eagles uniform, then you should stick with a more contemporary color, as opposed to the kelly green which is a little more traditional. Dig the pants, but the italics are skewed a little too much, and the sleeve stripes don't work - again, a traditional element on an otherwise contemporary template / design. Maybe turn them into 2-color USC stripes or something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

OK just a few things. 1. I don't think Nike would be this conservative with the uniforms. I don't think in anyway they would obey/honor some of those simple stripe patterns from the past. 2. Why do you have every single stripe the same way? Start at back of knee, come up to 2/3rds and stops. I don't think Nike would do that either with an entire league.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

OK just a few things. 1. I don't think Nike would be this conservative with the uniforms. I don't think in anyway they would obey/honor some of those simple stripe patterns from the past. 2. Why do you have every single stripe the same way? Start at back of knee, come up to 2/3rds and stops. I don't think Nike would do that either with an entire league.

I humbly have to disagree. You can't look at the "official" Pro Combat unis and think that's what this is going to be. Quite a few college teams have unis on the Pro Combat template (Clemson and Arizona State come to mind) and they aren't outrageous like Boise State or Va Tech...which is what I'm doing here. These are permanent unis, not one-game flings.

And on the striping, only 3 of the 4 teams so far have it, and they're like that because that's just how the template is made. But not every team will have the same striping, it just so happened that 3 of the 4 in the NFC East do.

Hey I'm a huge skins fan here and I have to say that these are very cool, but even though I'm 14, I am somewhat traditionalist. I love the skins new gold pants for home jerseys (btw we wear red at HOME now, not the other way around like before). The white with gold pants is very cool and a classic. Helmet wise, I would much rather see the helmet of the the 1940's era. That was the red helmet with a big feather running along the back like an indian headdress. much better. the "tomahawk" as somebody called it, is actually an arrow. I hate the curly R more and more every time I see it. sure, is fine on a hat, but come on, something that was first the cheerleader logo shouldn't be everywhere. i still think that red on gold is best for home, and whiet on RED is best for away with maybe a game or two difference. I would love to see a concept of GOLD jerseys on RED pants. i think that would be very cool and modern. (mcnabb wears it in practice every day). something to break out on monday night. red on red is cool, but could use some added yellow somewhere. i like the sleeves with the arrow. good way to include it but still please not on the helmet. socks have gotta be the new multi striped ones and the pants stripe should be like the ones they wore weeks one and two. idk if Nike would do that... but thats my ideal skins uni. can you kinda maybe be awesome and make an update? :D

OH and big thing.... PLEASE keep the gold facemask soo much better. the skins gold on anything you have is not right. it should be like what they wore weeks one and two... ah heres the link... http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/gallery/100912/GAL-10Sep12-5705/media/PHO-10Sep12-251241.jpg

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Hey I'm a huge skins fan here and I have to say that these are very cool, but even though I'm 14, I am somewhat traditionalist. I love the skins new gold pants for home jerseys (btw we wear red at HOME now, not the other way around like before). The white with gold pants is very cool and a classic. Helmet wise, I would much rather see the helmet of the the 1940's era. That was the red helmet with a big feather running along the back like an indian headdress. much better. the "tomahawk" as somebody called it, is actually an arrow. I hate the curly R more and more every time I see it. sure, is fine on a hat, but come on, something that was first the cheerleader logo shouldn't be everywhere. i still think that red on gold is best for home, and whiet on RED is best for away with maybe a game or two difference. I would love to see a concept of GOLD jerseys on RED pants. i think that would be very cool and modern. (mcnabb wears it in practice every day). something to break out on monday night. red on red is cool, but could use some added yellow somewhere. i like the sleeves with the arrow. good way to include it but still please not on the helmet. socks have gotta be the new multi striped ones and the pants stripe should be like the ones they wore weeks one and two. idk if Nike would do that... but thats my ideal skins uni. can you kinda maybe be awesome and make an update? :D

OH and big thing.... PLEASE keep the gold facemask soo much better. the skins gold on anything you have is not right. it should be like what they wore weeks one and two... ah heres the link... http://media3.washin...ep12-251241.jpg

That's really hard to follow, but shouldn't a self-proclaimed 'huge skins fan' know that their primary color is burgundy, not red?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

All right, next up is the AFC East.

Bills: Home Road Road Alt

Dolphins: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Jets: Home Road Home Alt Road Alt

Patriots: Home Road Home Alt

Bills: Went back to the look from the "glory days" (granted they lost all 4 Super Bowls). Although anything would look better than what they have now.

Dolphins: This is the first radical concept so far. I put the orange...sunburst?...from the logo around the sleeves and at the bottom of the pants, something Nike would probably take advantage of.

Jets: Nothing to say here. Their jerseys are classic but still look good, so I kept them the same.

Patriots: These aren't TOO radical. The jersey design is somewhat similar to what they have now, and I put Flying Elvis' hat on the pants. The alternate is kind of a fauxback, with the white-red-white color scheme, but with the same logos and design as the home and road.

I really, really like the Dolphins jersey out of all these. The sunburst around the shoulders just does it for me... fantastic work!

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Archived