MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Since most of the teams are out now, i thought we should start a tread for this. So far we know that the padres will ditch the sand iego away for a gray uni ( Huge downgrade if you ask me, it was the only thing that made them unique),

the Angels will switch from a silver to a gold halo (upgrade), the a's will dump the black alt for most probably a yellow vest with green sleeves and a yellow hat.

There are rumors of the brewers changing their away to milwaukee and the indians rebranding, the orioles adding an orange alt, the mariners bringing back the teal alt, the cards and phillies to introduce a red alt, and the yankees getting a navy alt.

so discuss, gentlemen, discuss

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since most of the teams are out now, i thought we should start a tread for this. So far we know that the padres will ditch the sand iego away for a gray uni ( Huge downgrade if you ask me, it was the only thing that made them unique),

the Angels will switch from a silver to a gold halo (upgrade), the a's will dump the black alt for most probably a yellow vest with green sleeves and a yellow hat.

There are rumors of the brewers changing their away to milwaukee and the indians rebranding, the orioles adding an orange alt, the mariners bringing back the teal alt, the cards and phillies to introduce a red alt, and the yankees getting a navy alt.

Not a snowballs chance in hell. There would be outrage amongst the fans if that happened.

Anubis.png

Not a snowballs chance in hell. There would be outrage amongst the fans if that happened.

But remember, the boss is dead and everything yankees sells

07Giants.pngnyy.png

dont see this happening at all, especally with the Cardinals and the Yankees, too much tradition

Where exactly are you hearing these rumors of a red Phillies alt?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I am not opposed to the Yanks adding an alternate. It's not like they have to change their home or away. It would be cool to have an alternate. It would sell like crazy too.

But what are the sources of these rumors?

2ly2w09.jpg

San Diego road sand uni is among the best, and sadly the least utilized road uniform in sports.

I moved to San Diego the first year they were introduced and I have seen them wear it like 15 times ever. Now being back the Bay Area watching them playing the Giants I think they wore it once in this season.

If the yankees were to add a alternate jersey that is tasteful, along with an alternate hat, they could get away with it. But it would have to be rarely used, like Wednesday Night on ESPN games, or somethign like that. AND NEVER IN YANKEE STADIUM. Only Worn on the road, but listed as a home/road alt.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Noooooooooooooo. No alternate Yankees uniform. Along with the Tigers and Cardinals, they are the only ones to not have an alternate, and it would be nice to keep it that way. However, I will concede to one thing. I definitely don't ever want to see a "color" version like many teams have, but I would make a concession if the uniform were to be a throwback, a replica of an old uniform, like the Mets just did this year after finally admitting that they almost never wore their "home" uniform and made it a "throwback" alternate and the snow white their home.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Guys... it's just an alternate uniform. With no changes to the pinstripes. It's not even an alternate uniform - it's an unsubstantiated rumor of an alternate uniform.

The way some of you are reacting, you'd think they wanted to put the Yankees in a maroon and teal no-pinstripe combo with a cartoon "Mr. Yankee" character on the front of the uniforms relieving himself on George Steinbrenner's grave.

Yes, the Yankees set is a "classic" and yes, there'd be riots in the streets if the home or road jerseys were changed. They're a sacred cow - I get it. But adding an alternate, especially a tastefully done navy set, makes a ton of sense, both aesthetically and financially.

* shrug * Maybe I just don't "get" it, but it seems like this is a whole lot of ado about what amounts to nothing. I'm a pretty traditional guy when it comes to baseball uniforms, but in my opinion very few things, if anything, are sacred and everything could stand some improvement in some fashion.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Noooooooooooooo. No alternate Yankees uniform. Along with the Tigers and Cardinals, they are the only ones to not have an alternate, and it would be nice to keep it that way. However, I will concede to one thing. I definitely don't ever want to see a "color" version like many teams have, but I would make a concession if the uniform were to be a throwback, a replica of an old uniform, like the Mets just did this year after finally admitting that they almost never wore their "home" uniform and made it a "throwback" alternate and the snow white their home.

FYI the Tigers wore an alt in 1996. Only Cards & Yanks have never worn alts. Well, and the Expos, but they made up for that when they moved to DC.

And the thread was meant to be for things that are actually going to happen, not wild speculation. The Yankees aren't getting an alternate, but several sources have said that SD is dropping the khaki. There is another thread for wild unsubstantiated speculation: What would you like to see in MLB for 2011 season?

I think Lukas said that there are going to be a few tweaks here and there, but nothing major for anyone.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

You have WAY more wrong here than right. No O's, Cards, Phils, Brewers, or Yankees changes.

You have WAY more wrong here than right. No O's, Cards, Phils, Brewers, or Yankees changes.

I'll give him credit. I had also heard that Milwaukee was considering the away uniform script switch. But I did laugh at the thought of the Yankees, Cardinals and Phillies getting alternate uniforms.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

The way some of you are reacting, you'd think they wanted to put the Yankees in a maroon and teal no-pinstripe combo with a cartoon "Mr. Yankee" character on the front of the uniforms relieving himself on George Steinbrenner's grave

I'd buy that for a dollar

Speaking of pinstripes and ugliness, when the hell are the Rockies going to get an overhaul? Why does such a good team have to play with such a shabby look?

Archived