St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Sweater

Goallinedesign

IMO, I believe the theme with the Winter Classic Unis, is to use/create a Vintage or throw back to the old days. The concept is nice. If your gonna play in the winter classic, you gotta wear the Old Unis or some type of throwback design!

What about using their old logo? StL Blues vs. Minnesota "North Stars" (Wild) on the campus of the Univ. of Minnesota. 2013 Winter Classic!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

what they're getting at, is fauxback. yes, it's vintage, but it doesn't really "look" vintage. Look at Boston, creating a new "vintage" look, or Pittsburgh (the second time), or especially, look at Calgary for the Heritage Classic. They reached way back before the team's history to make something new that looks old.

The problem here, is if they made something based on the St. Louis Eagles, it would be VERY bland. They're suggesting that you come up with something that is new in a literal sense, but is based on some old things, some old ideas, and looks very vintage.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

thanks for the feedback! your right, its not a very retro looking sweater, however, its all they have. its they're oldest jersey. It also looks pretty different from what they wear at home now. i think on tv it would look more retro than what they now wear.

the only reason i think they would wear these is because they're the oldest jerseys. they let the Flyers wear a 60s jersey in the WC why not the blues?

thanks!

Jack Gambro Goal Line Design

Jack- you'd be better off going with the 70's jerseys. They may be more recent, but they're unique.

Blues08.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived