Washington Bullets

Chapeeko

My first basketball uniform concept ever. I'm one of the many that thinks the Wizards need to rebrand. So why not go back to the Bullets. I know, I know, Bullets is a violent name, blah, blah, blah. The jersey design is based off of the '77-'90 Nets uniforms. Sorry for the giant size. C&C please.

Home

WashingtonBulletsHome.png

Away

WashingtonBulletsAway.png

Alternate

WashingtonBulletsAlternate-1.png

These are great. Here are my comments.

1) Too many stars IMO. I think wherever there are stars, they should be either standalone or in sets of 3 (DC flag, Capitals logo, etc.). Just my opinion. For example, I would have one star on each of the shoulders, and only three stars down each of the sides. I would consider ditching the stars on the waistband, or maybe just have 1 in the front. Again, just my thoughts.

2) Personally, to avoid repetition, I would try putting something else on the shorts other than the wordmark. One option could be just the "l's" with the hands reaching for the ball (which could end up being an alternate logo) . Another could be the "WB" logo that was used on their warmup outfits in the 90's.

3) I like the fact that you made the wordmark big. I also like the number font.

These are really nice, I would rather they go to these than go to the 1970's/early 80's unis. This is probably the best Bullets concept I've seen on this board. I was opposed to the color change but seeing these actually made me realize it could end up looking decent.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Really like these, especially the home set! I agree with there possibly being too many stars. I also so find there are times that blue directly against red doesn't work as well, especially in detailed areas (bullets logo). Can't be too critical though, these are really good.

I know they play in DC, but I gotta ask, how does the name "Bullets" correlate with putting stars all over the uniform?

I know they play in Texas, but I gotta ask, how does the name "Cowboys" correlate with putting a star on the helmet?

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Does anyone have a clear picture or file of the WB logo?

I'm having a real tough time finding a picture of it for some reason.

You can see it at around 7:57 in this video.

Sorry, I know that's a real :censored:ty way to see it, and probably won't help much. But that's the best I can come up with right now. I'll definitely post a picture if I find one.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

WASHINGTON_BULLETS_NEW_ERA_TONES_SNAPBACK.jpg

Sorry it's not in the right colours.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Personally I am not a fan of the stars, and I am not a fan of having an alternate that is just a recolor job. Just doesn't pop as a uniform for a team called the Bullets for me. I know they are from DC etc, but even still just doesn't seem to fit for me. If you took the stars off, and did something slightly more imaginative with the alternate, IMO you'd be onto something.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived