Roswell Invaders Concept

AnythingChicago

How would you rate Roswell Invaders...  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was wearing a lime green shirt under a brown hoodie the other day and thought 'Hmm, this could be a good colour combination for a baseball team.' Then I figured since Roswell, NM is famous for it's supposed alien invasions, hense the lime green, and it's in a desert, hense the brown, that this could work. So at noon today I started laying the bluebrint for the Roswell Invaders, and now at 4:30...voila!

A few notes:

• 'Ross' is on the back of each jersey because Cody Ross is from the general area of New Mexico that Roswell is in.
  • The reason the names and numbers look the way they do is because that is what the font (Roswell) looks like. 'Twas not a tracing error. I've tried my best to make this look as pretty as possible.
  • The logo on the Sunday Alt is a UFO in the outline of New Mexico.

Hope you like! B)

roswellinvaders.png

Click for gigant-ourmous size!

25yzwqg.png

That's actually pretty nasty dude. Neon green can only work with a really dark color to counteract it.

This is like eye rape.

I'm confused; was that a comliment?

No. he is saying you need a dark colour if you want to keep neon green

Brown isn't dark enough?

25yzwqg.png

Not that shade. The lime is such an extremely bright color that you really need a extremely dark one to contrast well enough.

If I made the green less intense would that help?

EDIT: I just tried it, it didn't help. I personally think the colour scheme is fine. But that, unfortunately, isn't what counts...

25yzwqg.png

You need colors that are less intense. Right now the full 0 255 0 green is way too bright next to that almost tan color. The fact you used different browns also doesn't help.

Maybe try colors more like these?

Swatch.png

Also, you need to get rid of that white box around the UFO. It just makes the jerseys look sloppy.

Finally the alien face on the alternate is upside down.

This has potential, though. Keep working on it.

TDZiMMB.png

You need colors that are less intense. Right now the full 0 255 0 green is way too bright next to that almost tan color. The fact you used different browns also doesn't help.

Maybe try colors more like these?

Swatch.png

Also, you need to get rid of that white box around the UFO. It just makes the jerseys look sloppy.

Finally the alien face on the alternate is upside down.

This has potential, though. Keep working on it.

Thanks for the much needed C&C! A few notes:

• Those given colours could work. I'll try it. And that lighter brown is only used on the Padres-esque road primary. Do you think I should do what the Padres did over the offseason and switch to the basic gray shade?
  • The "box" is an outline of New Mexico, but I agree it probably isn't necessary. I will get rid of it on the alt, but do you think I should keep it for the sleeve patches?
  • I will turn the alien face right side up, thanks.

25yzwqg.png

Alright, I've come up with 2 new colour scheme samples. I've just done the Sunday alt for now; I will do the other 2 unis for the winning scheme. There will be a poll where you can vote.

Colour Scheme 2.0: Iguana and Darker Brown.

roswellinvaders20sample.png

Colour Scheme 3.0: Same Neon Green with Darker Brown.

roswellinvaders30sample.png

Remember, these are just prototypes.

25yzwqg.png

Archived