DIY - Cooperstown Current

Bouj

I always liked the idea of the Twins Enterprise Cooperstown Current hats (teams old logos with current colors schemes or vice versa), so I decided to try a little bit of Do-It-Yourself work to make a couple of them a reality.

I took some current MLB jerseys, stripped them, and then put the new script on them. I will admit I cheated a bit because I can't sew, so I had a professional seamstress do the needlework.

I used current patches when possible (in this case, I even added anniversary patches so it seemed like something the team could have worn.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

They're both awesome, though I'm a bigger fan of the Astros just because I wish the Astros would go back to navy and orange. Great job!

I've had the Astros one done since last season. I wore it once to Minute Maid Park and I got loads of compliments & questions about it. Everyone who comment loved the old colors with the current logo.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Those look great. How did you come up with the Astros script in the navy and orange? Did the seamstress create it from tackle twill?

I have the brick home jersey, so I photocopied the front of it (and the name & numbers), traced it onto heavier paper, and then used that as the trace pattern for the twill.

The Padres one I had to go from Henderson's images and the logos on the site here.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Hey Bouj, could we get a better quality/more up-close photo of the stitching and so forth? I want to see what it looks like up close, please :)

I'll see what I can do. The camera on my phone is better than on my iPod touch, so I'll try using that one.

It's stiched with a cross-stitch (MLB style). Honestly, if you didn't know better, they would pass for MLB jerseys. The only way to tell they weren't originals is to look close enough to see the faint INDIANS outline on the cream (I stripped their alt for it) or the faint PADRES script stitch outline (which is very hard to see on navy).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived