Fixing the Senators

TalktoChuck

Previous Concepts

Pants.gif

With the Senators coming out with a new third jersey next year, I figured I would rework all their jerseys. The primary home and away jerseys are based upon their old third jersey from a couple years ago but with the 2d senator head instead of the 3d one, and the third is just a simplified version of what they came out with. I also brightened up the red a little bit and brought back this beauty to use on the shoulders.

Ottawa.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

Home and road are awesome. With the added emphasis of gold, though, the alt seems to be missing something.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Agreed, home and road are awesome. Alt works.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Home and road are miles better than anything they have actually worn. I would keep the old black alternate as the alternate for this set.

Agreed. That would look awesome.

Senators09.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I will never understand why the Senators went away from that third jersey from which your primary road/away are based...ever. That had to be one of the two coolest jerseys in the league at that time (the other, in my mind then, belonging to the Calgary Flames), what with the unique striping and whatnot. I didn't even mind the Serpentine numbers that went along with them (and I actually kidna wish they'd bring that back, crazy as that sounds). I'm also no fan of the 3-D senator logo either, so suffice it to say I'm a huge fan of your concept set here. I get a lil' bit of a Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic vibe from the third jersey here...but it still works for Ottawa--after all, it is based on one of Ottawa's actual logos. Good stuff here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nice jerseys.

Why not use the other logo, (the centurion facing the viewer), on the white ones? Its just a bit more agressive logo for a jersey for the long road trips.

Two thin red and white lines at the bottoms of the alt?

I appreciate all the great feedback from you guys. I didn't think it would be that well received. The reason I didn't use the 3d centurion is because to me the 2d is far superior, and having two different versions of basically the same logo is stupid. I went with the fauxback look for the third instead of just a black version of the home and away (like the third jersey they were based on) because Ottawa seems to be moving towards a bigger emphasis on the original Senators and paying homage to them so I wanted to do that here. Also, I like third jerseys that aren't just recolored versions of the home and away.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

jNTsTyQ.png

The 2d logo is far better than the 3d. The 3d doesn't look like a major-league logo IMO, and you are right about having two versions of the same logo being stupid.

The laurel pattern was great, and it's a shame they ditched it. Nice job bringing it back, and nice job with the color balance.

Agreed with above poster about the alt - if it's a straight throwback, then the colors really don't matter. Since it's really not, I'd add some gold to it so that the whole package has some cohesion.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My only problem is the socks on the home and away jerseys. IMO, I think it would look better without the gold things on the socks. Other than that, they look perfect.

nyjets.pngHabs_button.jpg

UConn Huskies 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions

The 2d logo is far better than the 3d. The 3d doesn't look like a major-league logo IMO, and you are right about having two versions of the same logo being stupid.

The laurel pattern was great, and it's a shame they ditched it. Nice job bringing it back, and nice job with the color balance.

Agreed with above poster about the alt - if it's a straight throwback, then the colors really don't matter. Since it's really not, I'd add some gold to it so that the whole package has some cohesion.

You'll have to detail why would it be stupid? I do not agree it would stupid, it would bring variety and at the same time gives al alternative to the Sens fans (I am not), would better like the 3d instead of the 2d.

Its not like bringing something totally different, which have stricly no common link with the first logo, meaning something which would not have the centurion on it.

Archived