Blue Jays Retro-esq Concept

Jared222

***Final logos and uniforms done***

I was at the Blue Jays home opener last night and couldnt help but notice that the majority of hats were of the old original logo. Now i love that logo and think it was great in its time. But I wanted to add a bit of a modern feel to it. Mainly in the baseball seams and the maple leaf as those have always been the 2 things that I thought needed tweaking.

Now to all of the die hard fans of the old logo you may not like this update to a classic logo , but I wanted to give it a shot.

Any comments , criticisms and ideas are more than welcome. Im not a professional logo designer so I there are some small flaws that could be ironed out. But I thought it was good enough to post.

And PS. Yes I did use the Minnesota Twins ball seams and colours just slightly tweaked as I think they nailed the baseball for a background concept.

Final full logo , secondary and script

BluejaysSetcopy.jpg

And here are the Uniforms.Could be crisper but its my first go at uniforms.

JaysUniformscopy.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooh boy, that's nice! Im not sure I like the script much, but the logo itself is fantastic. I love the modern elements and flow of the logo (especially that maple leaf), really great stuff!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As with everything I do I continued to tweak and refine things. So here is a first edit.

2 blues is enough , so switched to all the darker navy and kept the entire top section the light blue.

I also am not sold on the script and maybe will try the classic script but just modernized as well.

torontobluejayslogo2copy.jpg

I was at the Blue Jays home opener last night and couldnt help but notice that the majority of hats were of the old original logo. Now i love that logo and think it was great in its time. But I wanted to add a bit of a modern feel to it. Mainly in the baseball seams and the maple leaf as those have always been the 2 things that I thought needed tweaking.

Now to all of the die hard fans of the old logo you may not like this update to a classic logo , but I wanted to give it a shot.

Any comments , criticisms and ideas are more than welcome. Im not a professional logo designer so I there are some small flaws that could be ironed out. But I thought it was good enough to post.

And PS. Yes I did use the Minnesota Twins ball seams and colours just slightly tweaked as I think they nailed the baseball for a background concept.

*** Already did a quick first edit to this see post below ***

torontobluejayslogocopy.jpg

This is the best classic logo update I've ever seen. The font would be great if it were a modernized version of the old font as well.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

As with everything I do I continued to tweak and refine things. So here is a first edit.

2 blues is enough , so switched to all the darker navy and kept the entire top section the light blue.

I also am not sold on the script and maybe will try the classic script but just modernized as well.

torontobluejayslogo2copy.jpg

I actually liked the original version better....

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Thanks to everyone for the feedback . I ditched the navy , went back to the varied blues on the top crest and added a new script which is rough still but a more modern version of the old script. Also some small tweaks to rough areas.

More C&C is always welcome.

torontobluejayslogo4copy-1.jpg

The logo is great but both scripts are way too weak. I'd try using the original Blue Jays font.

Agreed , the scripts are where I am struggling most with this. As much as I like the original script it does look dated and out of place with this as I tried to make it work with it already.

Archived