College Football FBS Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

No, this series is not getting rebooted. I was simply getting tired of how the helmets were exporting, so the OCD in me had me go back and put fresh, non-distracting helmet templates on all of my exports.

As I said in a recent post, I did take the time to make tweaks to the concepts based on each members' input. I'll do this for the first 34 teams, who all have been at least rendered to completion from the neck down to the shoes.

Also, I want to organize things a little better, as a member brought up that as well. I'm putting the fresh and improved SEC East!

Hope you people continue to enjoy this series, all the way to it's completion! (which will hopefully be September 3rd!)

NCAA FBS

SEC (East)

SEC (West)

ACC (Atlantic)

ACC (Coastal)

Big XII

Big East

Big Ten (Leaders)

---------------------------------------------

Southeastern Conference (East Division)

helmetteaser.png

Florida Gators: Florida has a fantastic visual identity, but the football team seems kind of stuck in a completely different one than the other sports. This purpose of this concept is to bring Florida into their universal identity without hindering the overall look and tradition of Gators football.

Uniforms One // Uniforms Two

Georgia Bulldogs: I decided the mis-matched sleeve stripes and inconsistent pants stripes kind of threw off my last UGA concept, so I updated their current look in a way that would optimize consistency and create a modern twist on UGA football. White socks and different cleat options are a huge part of the concept, it its own, and I kept the idea of having a red collar on each jersey. Changes include moving numbers to the shoulder to liken the new Nike jersey cut, and adding red pants and a white helmet (which would be a UGA first, but when a team is called the Bulldogs, it seems so appropriate). Also, this concept implies that the silver pants are, in fact, SILVER...not matte grey, or poo-wheat. The silver pants are PRIMARY for home and road, but to show all the best combinations I put red on the first set.

Kentucky Wildcats: No changes here from the previous version. I love Kentucky's metallic blue helmets, and think they are the most overrated helmets in football. Kentucky also has an amazing appearance, but their current truncated classic stripe design could be improved. I moved the stripes from under the arm and up to the sleeve, and streamlined the style to better accommodate the progression of Kentucky football.

Uniforms

South Carolina Gamecocks: South Carolina has an incredible identity. I wanted to emphasize the palm and crescent throughout the uniform design, while making moves towards a simpler uniform that combines modern design with a few past elements. The metallic garnet helmet is the main focus of the uniform change, a long with the crescent sleeve pattern.

Tennessee Volunteers: There are a lot of ways to screw up Tennessee's look, like adding black jerseys and pants, or trying to force in a checkered pattern. I decided Tennessee could be enhanced with a little tad of consistency. The home jersey now has black trim on the numbers, which lines it up with the road jersey. The cuffs are now alternating colors, rather than orange on orange and white on white.

Uniforms

Vanderbilt Commodores: Vanderbilt is a high class institution, academically, and although they don't have a true athletic department they still have some great D1 sports. Football might be a tad behind, but they could start by aligning their visual appearance with the rest of the teams. The football uniforms are took bland and Nike-generic, but this concept adds a classic, timeless pattern and number style--brought over from the basketball uniforms.

------------------------------------------

Hope you like the updates, and the new helmet presentation. Thanks to the creators of the helmets...they look great. Anyways, the SEC West will be up shortly.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, this series is not getting rebooted. I was simply getting tired of how the helmets were exporting, so the OCD in me had me go back and put fresh, non-distracting helmet templates on all of my exports.

As I said in a recent post, I did take the time to make tweaks to the concepts based on each members' input. I'll do this for the first 34 teams, who all have been at least rendered to completion from the neck down to the shoes.

Also, I want to organize things a little better, as a member brought up that as well. I'm putting the fresh and improved SEC East!

Hope you people continue to enjoy this series, all the way to it's completion! (which will hopefully be September 3rd!)

I must admit I'm a sucker for college football redesign series. Thanks for doing this one Brave-Bird 08! I really appreciate how you avoided monochrome looks for most of the teams (admittedly not a fan of South Carolina's black set) and kept striping consistent within each team's look. While I like the palm and crescent nod, South Carolina's uniforms look cluttered. With the SEC patch, two Under Armour logos, CAROLINA word print, shoulder numbers, gamecock logo, palmetto logo, crescent moons... it just seems like too much (though I understand the rationale for each). I like the choice of number fonts for Vandy and Florida! Overall I like the sets. Excited to see some more!

Go Cougs.

Actually, black jerseys are good for Tennessee. It's just that the ones that we wore were made only two days in advanced to the game versus South Carolina. Plus, we didn't wear them right. We should have either brought out an orange helmet with the orange pants or wore our white pants with the white helmet.

Also, just use the revo helmet template for every team, the other template doesn't look as good IMO.

Untitled.png

@chapeeko

yeah. and I remember having that template export funny as well. something about facemasks! really irritating, but at least they aren't exporting terrible like the last one was...so I'll live with it.

@tylerbray

you seem to be a new member! welcome, I appreciate your comment...and you are a Tennessee fan so it has weight...but not enough.

Tennessee did BFBS. I'm going to let you figure out what that means.

@watson tiger

In my revisions of this series, I'm finding myself wanting to be more and more...experimental. So yeah...expect it!

@tylerbray

you seem to be a new member! welcome, I appreciate your comment...and you are a Tennessee fan so it has weight...but not enough.

Tennessee did BFBS. I'm going to let you figure out what that means.

I don't think it was BFBS. Eric Berry and Montario Hardesty came up with the idea for Halloween and it was a big hit. I guess I understand where you're coming from though.

Untitled.png

@tylerbray

I mean, you are right in that Halloween gives orange teams an excuse. You will see, as this series goes on, that I HATE black jerseys-pants-or helmets unless they tie into the identity.

but, Tennessee would have looked pretty darn good if they wore white pants with it. the white-black-orange look was just atrocious!

Southeastern Conference (West Division)

helmetteaser2.png

Alabama Crimson Tide: Alabama's uniforms are timeless, but a lot of people agree that their "A" logo would look equally fantastic on their helmets. I updated their look by adding tv numbers to the jerseys and the "A" to the lid, and also adding grey trim on the uniform numbers. I also updated the houndstooth collar from my last post...making it identical to the houndstooth collar worn in 2005 (date?)

Uniforms

Arkansas Razorbacks: The biggest improvements I can claim here is the removal of the weird white under-arm inserts on the home jersey. I like the concept behind Arkansas' current road jerseys enough to keep it, as they are called the razorbacks. I left the detailed collar and cuffs from the last post I had, and updated the logo on the helmet with black trim.

Auburn Tigers: I made some tweaks to Auburn without going over the top. The biggest thing is making the pants stripe consistent, and the addition of blue pants and an orange jersey. I decided the tri-stripe collar from my last design was a little busy, so I went with another element on the jersey--the alternate tiger logo. Simple update, but hopefully effective.

LSU Tigers: This was updated on a request, kind of. I left the original concepts the same, but I also added a white alternate helmet and purple jersey to the mix. A lot of new combinations here. I know it was already stated that LSU would likely never wear alternates in real life...but this is a concept series. I'm going to throw stuff out there.

Mississippi State Bulldogs: No change here from my previous post. I really think a team called the Bulldogs should at least try to use a white lid, especially if they have before. I tried to keep their really nice maroon, grey and white color scheme in tact while fixing the horrendous Adidas uniforms they wear in real life.

Uniforms

Ole Miss Rebels: Also no changes from the previous post. I hate Ole Miss' current uniforms, but also feel like they are so close to having an incredible look. The wordmark on the chest and plain looking red jerseys need to go, so building up red-blue-white consistency was a huge priority. I also feel like the grey facemask really enhances their look, with the silver pants and all. Blue pants are a new addition.

-------------------------

Hope you guys like the updates and additions! ACC will be up tomorrow!

LSU = Perfection.

LOVE it. Glad to see you went back to the current tiger head on the helmets but kept the updated text font. Nicely done.

And since LSU has worn alternates in the past - sparingly - I don't see a problem at all with having 3 jerseys instead of 2.

gYH2mW9.png

Atlantic Coast Conference (Atlantic Division)

helmetteaser-1.png

Boston College Eagles: The Eagles have had a nice identity for a while. Their custom number font is neat, and is original enough to stay in their uniforms. Their current issue is the gold numbers on the red jersy--it just doesn't look right, especially paired with the white pants. I changed the numbers to white, added the flying eagle to the sleeve, along with a sleeve stripe. These jerseys are a tweak of their current look, including a new gold alternate.

Clemson Tigers: For whatever reason I've never liked the fact Clemson wears orange orange numbers. I swapped the road jerseys colors, and also made the white pants more consistent with the rest of the uniform set. The "C" logo is also added to add some variety, and the paw logo is now outlined in purple.

Florida State Seminoles: As great as FSU's uniforms are, their current cuff and collar design is just way too detailed. I tried to update the design and modernize the uniform without ruining the great Seminole style. The alternate black uniform features a special helmet.

Maryland Terrapins: Here's my idea for an update for Maryland. The primary uniforms are simply an update of their current look, and better fits their overall school identity. The alternate uniforms are simple nods to the lacrosse and basketball programs style, in terms of color combination.

North Carolina State Wolfpack: Simple design here. Nothing groundbreaking, but I feel like NC State is the removal of an ugly collar logo away from having a nice uniform set.

Uniforms

Wake Forest: I've always loved Wake Forest's look, but I hate the current Nike cookie cutter uniforms. These are simple, classic looking, but utilize a unique striping pattern on the pants to keep things fresh.

------------------

Also, here is an update to UGA! I just could not get myself content with my design for them, as I was content for the rest of my concepts. I finally found an idea to put a pillow on. I used their current school wide number font, keeping the alternate lid and dropping the red britches.

UGA Update One // UGA Update Two

Also, I'll start getting around to the other requests I've received!

I LOVE the Vanderbilt number font and that you used one of my favorite sports logos (I'm really not sure why), the "M-flag" logo for Maryland. The only thing I really don't like is the LSU number font. I know it goes with their logo, but something is very odd-looking about it to me. But that's just my opinion.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I LOVE the Vanderbilt number font and that you used one of my favorite sports logos (I'm really not sure why), the "M-flag" logo for Maryland. The only thing I really don't like is the LSU number font. I know it goes with their logo, but something is very odd-looking about it to me. But that's just my opinion.

I don't take criticism from Georgia Tech fans... :P ...kidding!

Yeah, the LSU number font is out there, but I really want to try new things, and that was the MAIN thing that would kick my LSU concept in a different direction than their current set, without doing away with a great uniform.

also, be on the lookout for the Jackets. I love doing concepts for them (mainly because for such a fun to work with identity, their real uniforms have sucked).

Archived