College Football FBS Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE the Vanderbilt number font and that you used one of my favorite sports logos (I'm really not sure why), the "M-flag" logo for Maryland. The only thing I really don't like is the LSU number font. I know it goes with their logo, but something is very odd-looking about it to me. But that's just my opinion.

I don't take criticism from Georgia Tech fans... :P ...kidding!

Yeah, the LSU number font is out there, but I really want to try new things, and that was the MAIN thing that would kick my LSU concept in a different direction than their current set, without doing away with a great uniform.

also, be on the lookout for the Jackets. I love doing concepts for them (mainly because for such a fun to work with identity, their real uniforms have sucked).

I knew you would say something like that... especially what you said about me (females at GT) being ugly (OH SNAP... and totally kidding)

I definitely see what you were trying to do but I guess I just think it's kind of hard to read. But I've never really liked LSU's modern-looking wordmark anyway.

I am definitely looking forward to Tech. You always have great concepts. Strangely, I actually like the unis they had last year. But I really don't like the identity in general. I especially hate how the logos are athletic gold and black while the unis are vegas gold and navy, and the official colors are old gold and white! Shoot me!

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Atlantic Coast Conference (Atlantic Division)

helmetteaser-1.png

Boston College Eagles: The Eagles have had a nice identity for a while. Their custom number font is neat, and is original enough to stay in their uniforms. Their current issue is the gold numbers on the red jersy--it just doesn't look right, especially paired with the white pants. I changed the numbers to white, added the flying eagle to the sleeve, along with a sleeve stripe. These jerseys are a tweak of their current look, including a new gold alternate.

Uniforms One // Uniforms Two

Clemson Tigers: For whatever reason I've never liked the fact Clemson wears orange orange numbers. I swapped the road jerseys colors, and also made the white pants more consistent with the rest of the uniform set. The "C" logo is also added to add some variety, and the paw logo is now outlined in purple.

Florida State Seminoles: As great as FSU's uniforms are, their current cuff and collar design is just way too detailed. I tried to update the design and modernize the uniform without ruining the great Seminole style. The alternate black uniform features a special helmet.

Maryland Terrapins: Here's my idea for an update for Maryland. The primary uniforms are simply an update of their current look, and better fits their overall school identity. The alternate uniforms are simple nods to the lacrosse and basketball programs style, in terms of color combination.

North Carolina State Wolfpack: Simple design here. Nothing groundbreaking, but I feel like NC State is the removal of an ugly collar logo away from having a nice uniform set.

Uniforms

Wake Forest: I've always loved Wake Forest's look, but I hate the current Nike cookie cutter uniforms. These are simple, classic looking, but utilize a unique striping pattern on the pants to keep things fresh.

------------------

Also, here is an update to UGA! I just could not get myself content with my design for them, as I was content for the rest of my concepts. I finally found an idea to put a pillow on. I used their current school wide number font, keeping the alternate lid and dropping the red britches.

UGA Update One // UGA Update Two

Also, I'll start getting around to the other requests I've received!

This is the REAL Maryland Terps' new football uni's:

http://college-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/27659976

Could you guys make these uni's??? (If it's possible)

This is the REAL Maryland Terps' new football uni's:

http://college-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/27659976

Could you guys make these uni's??? (If it's possible)

No, that would ruin the whole purpose of what he is doing. A concept :P.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Unfortunately this thread will likely be delayed for a week or so. My computer caught a massive virus and is on it's last leg. It won't get on the internet, crashes constantly, etc.

All my inkscape files are on it, so I've backed them up on a mini-drive, but I won't be able to work on stuff and get it uploaded until the computer is fixed! restored...whatever I have to do. Don't lose hope! I will meet my Sept. 3rd deadline for all 120 teams!

I've not been this excited to make a post in a while. After some laboring I was able to get my computer working well enough again. Got these files exported and ready to go!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlantic Coast Conference (Coastal)

helmetteaser2-1.png

Duke Blue Devils: This Duke concept has seen light on here before. It's the calmed version of the pro combat design I made for them in my revamp madness. Honestly, I think Duke should embrace the blue and black identity, and these uniforms would tie perfectly with the majestic look of their heralded basketball team.

Uniforms One//Uniforms Two

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: I might be known around these boards as the Georgia fan who obsesses more over Georgia Tech's identity than Georgia's...and that might be true. I've scratched my head and wanted to pull my eyes out of my sockets with each abysmal design Tech has fielded since 2008. Their former uniforms were great, but could have been updated. That's exactly what I went for here.

Miami (FL) Hurricanes: Here's another design that is a standardized version of the pro combat mess I unveiled earlier in the summer. I think Miami's current uniforms are so "clunky". These uniforms are intended to give a simplicity to a uniform that should represent speed.

North Carolina Tarheels: Of course, like everyone else, I went with the argyle design. However, my updated here is the removal of navy blue garments from the uniform set. One of the posters on the messy thread mentioned dropping navy jerseys, and I actually really embraced that idea. The white helmets do the alternative trick. Also, I intentionally have the argyle pattern different on the blue pants than the blue jersey...why? Because UNC should definitely not try to wear monochrome carolina blue, so really consistency in this set would be perfect with each combination.

Virginia Cavaliers: As stated, I'm pretty positive I was more upset with Virginia's new uniforms in 2010 than the Cavalier fans, themselves. The removal of logo placement and unique elements, plus the weird pants made for the most hated uniform in my eyes. I wanted to bring back a simple, inspired, and classy uniform for them, while also taking away some of the "clunkyness" of their older set.

Virginia Tech Hokies: I've never liked VT's color scheme, and have never though any of their uniforms looked good. I actually was the biggest fan of their Marcus Vick era uniforms with the white and orange piping...sue me. I don't really like how large the striping is on their current set, and how it conflicts so much with the metallic, modern helmet. I wanted to combine the sleeve stripes with that typical VaTech progressiveness we've seen in the past years, while keeping things fairly simple.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy! I'm so glad my comp is working...I'll probably spend all day tomorrow working the Big XII out before I head out to Athens for some bar time!

Only two complaints. 1: Not feeling the random triangle on the pants of virginia. 2. What the hell is the random circle around the asses of the Virginia Tech players? In all honesty, it reminds me of this comic (NSFW) http://www.explosm.net/comics/1527/

It looks hideous. Get rid of it. Now.

I know you just colored in the lines of the template. Replace it with something that doesn't completely clash with the shoulder stripes.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

haha, well spleen, if you are wondering, this is "what the hell" it is: http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/09/boise-state-virginia-tech-a.jpg

I actually like that style in real life. I know most people hate piping...but to each their own. My logic is that the pants really don't need the triple stripe because the triple stripe is running off of the same style piping as the pants, so it kind of completes itself while being simplistic. That might be hard to understand.

And I would not call the orange triangle on Virginia's random, it's an echo of the helmet stripes.

These are really nice, BB. Keep up the nice work, here. I'd like to see what uVa would look like with white helmets again and just a simple V on it. Also, I love your third GT uni; it is class with a touch of modern.

haha, well spleen, if you are wondering, this is "what the hell" it is: http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/09/boise-state-virginia-tech-a.jpg

I actually like that style in real life. I know most people hate piping...but to each their own. My logic is that the pants really don't need the triple stripe because the triple stripe is running off of the same style piping as the pants, so it kind of completes itself while being simplistic. That might be hard to understand.

And I would not call the orange triangle on Virginia's random, it's an echo of the helmet stripes.

It looks like Boise's doesn't completely wrap around though. How about combining the triple stripe and the piping like your did for the shoulders?

As for Virginia, I don't know why, but it looks forced.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It looks like Boise's doesn't completely wrap around though. How about combining the triple stripe and the piping like your did for the shoulders?

I think the piping on the pants looks good as it is. Although, you could use the pants from your Kentucky concept if you wanted to add the triple stripes, but I love what you did with Virginia Tech, I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to the Marcus Vick era uniforms, they are probably some of my favorite "modern" uniforms.

As for the rest of the concepts, I really like what you did with Duke, Florida State, and Maryland, you've come up with some great designs.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I think the piping on the pants looks good as it is. Although, you could use the pants from your Kentucky concept if you wanted to add the triple stripes, but I love what you did with Virginia Tech, I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to the Marcus Vick era uniforms, they are probably some of my favorite "modern" uniforms.

As for the rest of the concepts, I really like what you did with Duke, Florida State, and Maryland, you've come up with some great designs.

I like the piping too, I just don't think it should wrap all the way around, or if it does, make it go up to the belt instead of stoping in the middle of the ass cheek.

Big XII Conference

helmetteaser-2.png

Baylor Bears: Baylor was difficult for me. I switched between old gold and vegas gold countless times, and between traditional styles and crazy modern styles. I finally just convinced myself to stick with my fourth different product for them, which might be the craziest and cookiest concept design I'll put out in this series. That's all I can really say about this one! It's different, but unique, and I figured Baylor was a good team to really push the limits with.

Iowa State Cyclones: I pretty much knew what I was doing to do with the Cyclones as soon as I began this series. I wanted to use their new logos in the uniform, and thought the new cardinal head would make for a killer helmet. The design kind of goes back to the Chiefs-esque style they wore recently, but also (hopefully) improves on their newer style as well.

Kansas Jayhawks: This is a simple update. I hate grey in Kansas' uniforms. I also know a lot of CCSLer's have drooled over the thought of the Jayhawks wearing the entire Jayhawk decal on the helmets. Everything here is pretty self explanatory, simple, but hopefully a major improvement.

Kansas State Wildcats: I really love Kansas State's current look, especially now that they've gone back to the sleeve stripes, but I've always wondered what it would look like if they tried to create a uniform stripe that replicates the look of their logo. That's what I went for, while keeping things pretty simple. The purple facemask is a change as well, to make the lid look more complete. I didn't fool with black, mainly because I honestly didn't think it looked good with silver tops and silver pants because silver on black with the jersey looked bad.

Uniforms

Missouri Tigers: Implying that the gold colors on the helmet and uniforms match is the first thing of note here, but I also wanted to kick Missouri in a modern direction--a friendly, useful modern direction, rather than just slapping a classic helmet on top of a cookie cutter Nike uniform (which is what they do now). Bengals-esque tiger stripes are the focus of the uniform here.

Oklahoma Sooners: Not a lot here. Oklahoma is in the "untouchables" category, so I tried to "touch" without ruining the timelessness of the design. I replaced the huge wordmark with a collar logo, and added a pair or cherry pants.

Uniform

Oklahoma State Cowboys: This concept was recently posted, though I made some subtle changes. The number font, as stated before, is a custom font that deviates from their "pocket calculator" font of the early 2000s.

Texas Longhorns: Here's another tough one. I gave Texas a similar treatment as Oklahoma's. I moved the number font to the shoulder so that I could make the jersey stripes a bit larger, which I think could be an improvement to their set in real life. I added pants stripes and burnt orange pants. The thought of burnt orange pants is scary, but if it's done in the same shade as the jersey it can't be bad.

Uniforms

Texas A&M Aggies: I've always liked the combination of maroon and grey for the Aggies, so I made that a point of emphasis here. Classic jersey stripes and multiple options make up this set. Not much to say, but I personally think it's a mightily effective design.

Texas Tech Red Raiders: I wanted to emphasize "red" for the "red raiders". The primary uniform is now all red, and the road jerseys have red numbers instead of black. The blackout uniform stays, as well as the black helmet.

Uniforms One //Uniforms Two

These all look really solid. I'm just hung up on the fact that the single digits look really off-center on OSU's unis. I know it's because it's italicized, but I think the 'STATE' makes it more obvious. That's just me nitpicking though.

Also, just a heads up: some of your links aren't working on these. At least for me, anyway.

Hey Brave-Bird, I'm enjoying your series. Just a couple C&Cs:

I'm not crazy for your Baylor design. Using the piping on the Pro Combat pants makes it look like a big lasso on a player's backside.

I like the Iowa State design, though I'm feeling the white pants more than the gold. The gold pants make the kit look a little too "USC-esque".

Kansas looks very nice. I'm glad you got rid of the gray.

Kansas State looks great. I like your incorporation of a sylized sleeve stripe. I'm not sure about the purple facemask, but that's a personal preference.

Your first set for Missouri is awesome! I adore the jersey and pants; you really did a great treatment with the tiger stripes. I think I'd tweak the helmet, though I'm not sure how. It just looks a little too monochrome for me. Seriously though, great design here. Really, really, really good.

Oklahoma State looks good. My only suggestion is a black facemask on the helmet. I have seen this in a couple of designs and really liked it for the Cowboys. I really appreciate the beveled pants stripe and number font.

Good call bringing the red jersey to the forefront for Tech. I think I'd pair it with the black pants.

As far as Texas, Oklahoma, and A&M go, I'm kind of in the "if it's not broken, don't fix it category" for their current unis. Specifically for A&M, maroon and white are the school colors (mentioned in the fight song) and gray is only a recent accent addition.

My favorite is the Missouri set, really great job!

Go Cougs.

Archived