Canuck Fans Riot

sportsfan0518

The Bruins won the Stanley Cup and Vancouver did not take the loss too well. This may be in the wrong thread but this topic will talk about what is going on in Vancouver with all of the riots. How many people do you think got injured during this, how many arrests were there be, or god forbid; how many deaths?

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was down there and it was scary. People just walking around and looking for fights. I'm so ashamed to be from Vancouver right now. Police were not prepared nearly enough for the level of violence that erupted. The police presence was not great enough during, or after the game.

I heard a Bruins fan was killed by rioters. Is there any truth to that?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

The sad part is that the result would likely have been the same had they won. It's not the specific event and it's not Vancouver. Wherever it happens and whatever the "cause," it's just an excuse for idiots to show their true colors.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Part of me wants to take the extremely long way to work today, and see the aftermath. Most of me is afraid of what I'm going to see.

The topic title is incredibly inaccurate, by the way. These people weren't fans, they were people who were going to start :censored: on a large scale tonight, win or lose. To call them fans is doing fans of ANY team a huge disservice.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The damage cost after Montreal won in 1993 was approx $2.4 million. The cost in 1994 was $1.1 million. We'll see where this one places.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The other thing was that game got bad in a hurry. It was 3-0 after two periods which gave the "fans" a whole period to marinate and get even more angry. The Canucks did not play well and neither did Luongo and losing in that way is really frustrating as a fan. If it was an OT loss the crowd probably would've been more stunned than mad. There'd still be rioters and looters, but I don't think it would've been as bad.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived