32 team CFL for Madden

Stampman

Robbman has inspired me to do this, so credit/blame must be shared.

While he posted his fantasy league on regular templates, I have decided to present my league with Madden screen shots--I did still choose the colours & designs, and adapted some logos. I may do some of these in regular templates, and would be able to do things Madden's uni editor won't let you do--so since I set it up on photobucket--we'll see how it works.

First, a brief history-

The league started as a 12 team league in Madden 2002-as you could create 6, 12, 18, 24, or 31 team leagues. I rounded out the 9 real times with Halifax, Quebec, and the Okanagan--the first two because they are front runners for REAL CFL teams, and Okanagan because I needed a team in the West.

Then I expanded to 31 teams, and decided since a 31 team CFL was unrealistic to start with, I wouldn't worry about having all the largest makets with teams.

I chose to have at least one team in each province and territory, then fill it up from there---so some places aren't realistic, but the league truly is Canadian in that sense...

-with 2004 now I have a 32 team league, and more uni options...I will post team by team, and try to keep comments brief.

Two of these teams have had posts in the request boards--when I reach those teams the creators of those logos will be properly credited. In some cases I will not show the logo-for various reasons, mostly though, so as not to step on anyone's toes...

Comments are welcome--but as these teams are currently in an active franchise I can not change the unis--I can change the helmets and field logos though...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First up, the team I got my username from--the avatar is from 2002.

The Calgary Stampeders-

Colours--Red, White, and Black

Home unis-I used the white pants, as I don't like the black pants--they're the Red & White. This one was easier to get more acurate than the road uniform, unfortunately 2004 adds white collars--

Roads-unfortunately in 2004 the middle stripe on the pants matches the jersey or the pants--in this case it's the same. As I mentioned above I don't like the black pants--and the red pants didn't look right--and for most of their history they actually wore white jersies & pants--including a similar striping on them.

Home alts--while loosely based on their actual thirds, I decide to do it a bit differently, as without the shoulder logo it looked boring.

Road alts--based on a throwback they wore a few years ago--but without the gold pants that look like they were stolen from the 49ers-

Home, Road, Alt Home, Alt Road-

stamps.png

(did I say brief comments?)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I think I'd rather see some of the fantasy concepts. Those of us who are familliar with the CFL already know what the real unis look like.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I'll get to them, I'm going division by division actually so up next are Red Deer, Medicine Hat, and Edmonton--plus you still get alternates. Thanks for the comment though...

Well since I'm not sleeping for reasons best left unshared--here's team #2

from the Western Conference's Alberta division-

The Medicine Hat Hawks

I chose the name because I had a logo I liked that was slightly altered from a woman's league, I basically took out the background--which was overkill

Colours--Gold, Blue, with black--I chose these colours because of the logo, and they were different enough from other teams.

Home-I'm going to post a better shot, but this is the best I have now, the helmet is a bit distorted on all of these, the sleeves have blue & white stripes, the pants blue & gold. The #'s are black outlined in blue-I tried it with the same way on both--but it didn't work, mostly because of quirks in the uni editor.

Hawk home

Road--this is from a road game against the Red Deer Rattlers--notice the snake background, which is a stadium option in Madden 2004.

hawk road

Home alt--I decided to switch to a blue emphasis-switching the primary & secondary colours--I did this on some others as well, some teams I tried that, but they didn't work for me.

home alt

Road alt-Kept it simple--and in this case consistent with the home alt--and basically changed the jerseys from blue to white.

road alt

While this colour combination is not my favorite in the league I think it works, while other teams do use a gold colour--none of the others use it so much, my favorite of these is the regular home jersey.

Well since I'm not sleeping for reasons best left unshared--here's team #2

from the Western Conference's Alberta division-

The Medicine Hat Hawks

I chose the name because I had a logo I liked that was slightly altered from a woman's league, I basically took out the background--which was overkill

Colours--Gold, Blue, with black--I chose these colours because of the logo, and they were different enough from other teams.

Home-I'm going to post a better shot, but this is the best I have now, the helmet is a bit distorted on all of these, the sleeves have blue & white stripes, the pants blue & gold.  The #'s are black outlined in blue-I tried it with the same way on both--but it didn't work, mostly because of quirks in the uni editor.

Hawk home

Road--this is from a road game against the Red Deer Rattlers--notice the snake background, which is a stadium option in Madden 2004.

hawk road

Home alt--I decided to switch to a blue emphasis-switching the primary & secondary colours--I did this on some others as well, some teams I tried that, but they didn't work for me.

home alt

Road alt-Kept it simple--and in this case consistent with the home alt--and basically changed the jerseys from blue to white.

road alt

While this colour combination is not my favorite in the league I think it works, while other teams do use a gold colour--none of the others use it so much, my favorite of these is the regular home jersey.

I like the idea of a UCLA-ish alternate uni (one of my favorite college football unis), but when you get a chance (I know you said these teams were locked into a season) try this shade of gold and see if you like it better:

Red: 170

Green: 155

Blue: 120

I think that shade would be a lot more consistent with the gold on the helmet.

Great work overall though.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Actually I originally used the lighter gold on the unis too--I forget why I changed--I tried the helmets a darker gold & didn't like them--hey I'll give your suggestion a shot.

I was busy tonight and unable to get the next team ready to post, only half done--so tomorrow the Red Deer Rattlers...

Nice work haesn--I used a different blue for my Bombers, as I will reveal later...The Riders look good too, I used a bit of an older look on mine.

What are the RGB values you used on the Bomber helmets? I'm not happy with any I've tried...

Well here's the 3rd team, The Red Deer Ratlers--

Logo-

while Arena football does have some ugly unis--they do have some good logos in there--one being the Rattlers-which I used for the Red Deer team--or if you prefer--consider this my concept for them instead...

Colours--going with the logo, and from a team I stopped using--green and balck and white--without looking like Saskatchewan.

Uniforms--the Home have black & green stripes, road black & white--because that's how Madden works...

The shoulder stripes are supposed to be represent the rattlers' tails and/or fangs--if I were doing this on a regular template I would emphasize that more...

rattler home

Rattler road

home alt

road alt

I like these because they're a not quite I'm used to seeing...

I'll go ahead now and post the Home & road unis for the Edmonton Eskimos, and get the alternates on next time--

While I am not a fan of their unis, I believe I cpatured them closely, and Eskimo fasn have agreed. I used the older helmet logo, primarily because I had trouble finding a logo I could shrink down & that would look good on the helmet, until this one--later I got a new one that would work, but I kept this one, and recoloured it so it matched better...

I also went with yellow pants on the road unis--which they used to do--the white pants don't work, as they clash with the helmets... As per Madden uni editor limitations the pant stripes are backwards on the home unis...

Eskimo home

Eskimo road

Well here's the 3rd team, The Red Deer Ratlers--

Logo-

while Arena football does have some ugly unis--they do have some good logos in there--one being the Rattlers-which I used for the Red Deer team--or if you prefer--consider this my concept for them instead...

Colours--going with the logo, and from a team I stopped using--green and balck and white--without looking like Saskatchewan.

Uniforms--the Home have black & green stripes, road black & white--because that's how Madden works...

The shoulder stripes are supposed to be represent the rattlers' tails and/or fangs--if I were doing this on a regular template I would emphasize that more...

rattler home

Rattler road

home alt

road alt

I like these because they're a not quite I'm used to seeing...

I like the navy/lime unis... a lot like the Orlando Thunder, only tasteful.

But here's where I gotta lay some criticism:

-I don't think those unis work for a team called the Rattlers. If you have any teams with a name that would lend itself to something aquatic, these would tie-in much better.

-I prefer that teams with a color in their name have that color in their unis. That said, I took the liberty of creating a helmet and logo for you to use if you want.

rattlers_helmet.gif

rattlers_logo.gif

-Finally, I'd expect a team in a town called Red Deer to have a name like Bucks, Stags or Elk. Not that Red Deer Rattlers is all the bad of a name, but it reminds me of Brown Deer HS out here callin' themselves the Falcons. I even recolored a helmet that I use for one of my fantasy teams called the Stags also for you to use if you want.

red_deer_helmet.gif

But it's still a great look, just on the wrong team.

snappers_sig.gif

I'll go ahead now and post the Home & road unis for the Edmonton Eskimos, and get the alternates on next time--

While I am not a fan of their unis, I believe I cpatured them closely, and Eskimo fasn have agreed. I used the older helmet logo, primarily because I had trouble finding a logo I could shrink down & that would look good on the helmet, until this one--later I got a new one that would work, but I kept this one, and recoloured it so it matched better...

I also went with yellow pants on the road unis--which they used to do--the white pants don't work, as they clash with the helmets... As per Madden uni editor limitations the pant stripes are backwards on the home unis...

Eskimo home

Eskimo road

Other than the fact that you can't put the logo anywhere on the uni, the reverse stripe thing is my biggest beef with madden. Between the NCAA create-a-team and Madden, they have everything there, but the lazy ass programers won't put it all in one game.

Anyway, here's the current Eskimos helmet.

eskimos_helmet.gif

snappers_sig.gif

Well thanks again-please keep the comments coming-I like the helmets--the antler one is similar to one I did a while back for an idea someone had on the Fanhome boards for a team called the Halifax Keiths (after the beer)--I don't have it any more though--so I'll keep that one...

I intentionally stayed away from "Deer" names though, and Red Deer was one of the last teams to get named-I do like the alliteration of Red & Rattlers. Still I like your ideas-(I just might use them sometime)-and that helmet would be perfect for the real Rattlers...

Stayed tuned for the Esk's alts--

and the BC division featuring the BC Lions (yeah I kept the name instead of calling them Vancouver), and teams for the Okanagan, Victoria, and Prince George...

Other than the fact that you can't put the logo anywhere on the uni, the reverse stripe thing is my biggest beef with madden.  Between the NCAA create-a-team and Madden, they have everything there, but the lazy ass programers won't put it all in one game.

I agree on that one--and I started with 2002 where you Could do the stripes any way you wanted--but faced other limitations that aren't in 2004--so over all I'll take 2004, but would like to see it better...

Also--nice job on the Esk's helmets--I think I'll try those and use one as an alternate helmet--fortunately I can change helmets mid stream...

(& BTW--if you've got a good program for resizing images--I have a Narwhal logo created here that I can't scale down to the helmet, and main logo sizes--could you give that a try? Thanks...

It was co-created by Zoneranger, Steve-o and City of Walrus)

narwahal.gif

(& BTW--if you've got a good program for resizing images--I have a Narwhal logo created here that I can't scale down to the helmet, and main logo sizes--could you give that a try? Thanks...)

See, I already did the Narwhals cuz I liked the logo when it was first posted.

narwhals.gif

I'll try to get at making the main logo tomorrow... I'm goin' to bed.

snappers_sig.gif

Wow that was quick!--Thanks--It kept looking deformed when I tried it-but then I'm using paint...(or maybe it's just me?)

Archived