Milwaukee Brewers recolorization

TheFloridianLogoMan

My Major League Baseball concepTOUR makes a stop in everyone's favorite watering hole....Milwaukee, as I decide to tackle the Brewers.

I have to admit.....I kinda like what they have going on right now....I love the current scripts, and the capitalized 'M' and Wisconsin combo.....it, in my opinion, is a very solid identity. However, I also feel that they could do better....especially without the dark gold, and I believe bringing back the Packer Gold that the Crew started out with would do the set a world of good. After that thought, it didn't take long for me to start thinking about the barrelman, the Wisconsin M, and of course, the famous 'm-b' glove. All those thoughts in mind, here's what I came up with.

Primary Mark:brewcrewlogo.png

Simply replaced the dark gold with yellow gold.....in addition, I made the stitching yellow gold to coincide with the mb glove's baseball having yellow stitching as well.

Alternate Mark:brewcrewalternatelogo.png

This is the most original creation of the entire concept...it's my pride and joy sort to speak. I really wanted to incorporate the Barrelman into this, as I thought of it as an integral part of Milwaukee baseball history; However, I also really liked the M inside the Wisconsin outline mark because it's been a part of Brewer baseball for 40 years in one form or another. In that train of thought, I came to a rather spectacular conclusion.....just about every Brewer concept imaginable had some form of the barrelman in one way or another, but to this day, NONE that I've seen yet had him superimposed inside the Wisconsin outline. So, with that now realized, I set out to do just that. I colored the barrel blue so it could contrast better again the gold Wisconsin shape....I also shortened the swing tracks, but they remain, as to avoid a huge gold void to his right. And, instead of a star over Milwaukee, I simply just placed the 'M' over the city. It's the best of both worlds in this one logo.

Secondary Alternate:brewcrewalternatelogob.png

Sadly, PC might wave it's ugly head should Barrelman ever come back....if that happens, it shoudn't be a hassle; the above replacement will do just fine in my personal view. However, even with Barrelman as the alternate, this would still be a secondary logo, most likely worn on batting practice jerseys and caps.

Home:brewcrewhomeuni.png

Road:brewcrewroaduni.png

Yes......if you cannot tell, the road uniforms would have a "hint" of blue in them.....I didn't wanna go all out and do powder blue, but I didn't wanna give them just grey either.....so a mixture of the two would once again get the best of both worlds.

Friday Throwack Alternate:brewcrewalternateuni.png

Wisconsin 'M' Uniforms:brewcrewwisuni.png

these would ONLY be worn if there was ever an uproar over the barrelman being used....if not, Barrelman will be the only uniform patch used

I'll say this, I wanted to keep the scripts. Personally, I really like them and, if done correctly, would compliment the ball and glove cap perfectly....that means NO more drop shadows, and the return of block numerals! Tell me which ones look the best, in your opinion.

Habsfan.....I have to admit, I was kinda worried about that to begin with.....but I really wanted to minimize the dropshadow, which is why I colored both the outline and the shadow gold. Before I settled on that primary mark, thou, I had made 3 different possible marks.....

1.:brewcrewlogo2.png

2.:brewcrewlogo1.png

3.:brewcrewlogo2a.png

The first one would have to be my next choice if I had to choose.

Love the "M" patch (though I know most people like beerbarrel man).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't think they need two home and roads that are exactly the same except a different patch. I do like the idea of the roads having a hint of blue.

I don't think I explained clearly why I posted both uniform patches.....it's my fault, so I have written the following edit in the main post.

[***EDIT*** That doesn't mean they would wear two different home/road uniforms.....the Wisconsin M would ONLY be worn if there was ever an uproar over the barrelman being used....if not, Barrelman will be the only uniform patch used]

My Major League Baseball concepTOUR makes a stop in everyone's favorite watering hole....Milwaukee, as I decide to tackle the Brewers.

I have to admit.....I kinda like what they have going on right now....I love the current scripts, and the capitalized 'M' and Wisconsin combo.....it, in my opinion, is a very solid identity. However, I also feel that they could do better....especially without the dark gold, and I believe bringing back the Packer Gold that the Crew started out with would do the set a world of good. After that thought, it didn't take long for me to start thinking about the barrelman, the Wisconsin M, and of course, the famous 'm-b' glove. All those thoughts in mind, here's what I came up with.

Primary Mark:brewcrewlogo.png

Simply replaced the dark gold with yellow gold.....in addition, I made the stitching yellow gold to coincide with the mb glove's baseball having yellow stitching as well.

Alternate Mark:brewcrewalternatelogo.png

This is the most original creation of the entire concept...it's my pride and joy sort to speak. I really wanted to incorporate the Barrelman into this, as I thought of it as an integral part of Milwaukee baseball history; However, I also really liked the M inside the Wisconsin outline mark because it's been a part of Brewer baseball for 40 years in one form or another. In that train of thought, I came to a rather spectacular conclusion.....just about every Brewer concept imaginable had some form of the barrelman in one way or another, but to this day, NONE that I've seen yet had him superimposed inside the Wisconsin outline. So, with that now realized, I set out to do just that. I colored the barrel blue so it could contrast better again the gold Wisconsin shape....I also shortened the swing tracks, but they remain, as to avoid a huge gold void to his right. And, instead of a star over Milwaukee, I simply just placed the 'M' over the city. It's the best of both worlds in this one logo.

Secondary Alternate:brewcrewalternatelogob.png

Sadly, PC might wave it's ugly head should Barrelman ever come back....if that happens, it shoudn't be a hassle; the above replacement will do just fine in my personal view. However, even with Barrelman as the alternate, this would still be a secondary logo, most likely worn on batting practice jerseys and caps.

Home:brewcrewhomeuni.pngandbrewcrewhomeuni1.png

Road:brewcrewroaduni.pngandbrewcrewroaduni1.png

Yes......if you cannot tell, the road uniforms would have a "hint" of blue in them.....I didn't wanna go all out and do powder blue, but I didn't wanna give them just grey either.....so a mixture of the two would once again get the best of both worlds.

Friday Mandatory 1982 Tribute Throwack Alternate:brewcrewalternateuni.png

Because apparently, everyone in Milwaukee is like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite in one form or another.

I'll say this, I wanted to keep the scripts. Personally, I really like them and, if done correctly, would compliment the ball and glove cap perfectly....that means NO more drop shadows, and the return of block numerals! I posted uniforms with BOTH alternates on the shoulder, so tell me which ones look the best, in your opinion, as well as your opinion on everything else posted.

Uh, no.

The Brewers fans preference for the 80s look is because of the unique logo and colors (by MLB standards, anyway)... it has nothing to do with going back to that era. That's why nearly all of the "throwback" jerseys you see have current players' names on them.

As for your concept... it'd be an upgrade over what they have now, but there's really not much from the current set that can (or should) be salvaged.

Uh, no.

The Brewers fans preference for the 80s look is because of the unique logo and colors (by MLB standards, anyway)... it has nothing to do with going back to that era. That's why nearly all of the "throwback" jerseys you see have current players' names on them.

As for your concept... it'd be an upgrade over what they have now, but there's really not much from the current set that can (or should) be salvaged.

It was tounge in cheek......I realized that they wore that style until 1993, and they should have never changed, in my opinion. That's why the ball-glove logo is the main cap logo......not because they wore it in 1982, but because it a great and clever logo. As for no names on the back.....the Brewers had no names on the home uniform from '71 until the end of the 1992 season.....it was an identity that was specific to them, like the Twins.....I believe they should have at least one uniform that doesn't have a name on the back, and what better one to use than the Friday Alternate?

I took the liberty of taking that line out of there so that there will be no more people offended.....because that's the last thing I wanted to do.

One more thing.....I kept the main logo and scripts for one reason outside of my admiration of the scripts........in case MLB were ever to begin a new logo fee like the NBA seems to have done, this recolorization would avoid severe inconsistencies in the identity, ala the Utah Jazz, while keeping the same primary look. Otherwise, the ball and glove logo would be the primary mark, no question.

Uh, no.

It was tounge in cheek......I realized that they wore that style until 1993, and they should have never changed, in my opinion. That's why the ball-glove logo is the main cap logo......not because they wore it in 1982, but because it a great and clever logo. As for no names on the back.....the Brewers had no names on the home uniform from '71 until the end of the 1992 season.....it was an identity that was specific to them, like the Twins.....I believe they should have at least one uniform that doesn't have a name on the back, and what better one to use than the Friday Alternate?

I took the liberty of taking that line out of there so that there will be no more people offended.....because that's the last thing I wanted to do.

I wasn't offended, just annoyed at how often Brewers fans are accused of living in the past on here for preferring the BiG era identity when most of us simply prefer the more creative logo and would rather not be another one of the ridiculous number of navy-clad clubs in baseball.

Hmm. I'm not opposed to them going back to their old colors, but I don't think they look good with the current logo and wordmark. The current logo screams "beer", so I prefer them using gold.

I'll be honest, I'd much rather have the ball and glove mark stand alone as their main logo......even with that, I'd still keep the wordmarks, but that's just my opinion.

2.:brewcrewlogo1.png

This one. It brings out the brightness of the blue in the word "Brewers" very well.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived