NFL Nike Redesign

vmd9

I started an NFL redesign a while ago, but wasn't able to finish it. I'm starting over from scratch since I wasn't really happy with the previous template. I made this new template which is much better even though it's not completely done yet....Just a warning these will mostly be more modern looking concepts.

AtlantaFalcons-3.jpg

DenverBroncos-1.jpg

SeattleSeahawks.jpg

*I'm in the process of standardizing all of the displays so please be patient. Eventually they will all look like the three above. With small descriptions pointing out features of uniforms.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started an NFL redesign a while ago, but wasn't able to finish it. I'm starting over from scratch since I wasn't really happy with the previous template. I think this new one is much better even though it's not completely done yet....Just a warning these will mostly be more modern looking concepts.

The first three teams I did were the Falcons, Broncos, and Seahawks.

AtlantaFalcons-2.jpg

DenverBroncos.jpg

SeattleSeahawks-2.jpg

I love the modern look, although I would add a pair of orange pants to Denver just to see how it looks.

spacer.png

Oh I know it's frustrating you can't see the pants stripes. A mix of lighting and angles made it hard, but I'm still to tone down the highlights and shadows on the right.

Thanks for the compliments and I'll see if I can add orange pants to the Broncos too!

I finished these two as well. Browns and Bucs...not sure how people will feel about these two.

ClevelandBrowns-3.jpg

TampaBayBuccaneers-1.jpg

Damn, you're nailing these. I agree with BraveBird though, the pant stripes I want to see. Especially on the Seahawks, those look pretty nice. My sole complaint thus far is that the Bucs Away uni isn't necessarily well-paired up, if that makes sense. It looks mis-matched to me. Probably the combo of a white uni, pewter helmet, and orange pants- plus the red number. It just doesn't jive to me.

Love your presentation, and loving what you've done so far!

Damn, you're nailing these. I agree with BraveBird though, the pant stripes I want to see. Especially on the Seahawks, those look pretty nice. My sole complaint thus far is that the Bucs Away uni isn't necessarily well-paired up, if that makes sense. It looks mis-matched to me. Probably the combo of a white uni, pewter helmet, and orange pants- plus the red number. It just doesn't jive to me.

Love your presentation, and loving what you've done so far!

Thanks and I know what you mean about the bucs, I think I should have put the pewter-white-pewter set as the away. Originally I had orange numbers on the white jerseys, then switched the numbers to red to match the logo on the helmet. After that I should have rearranged the combos better.

I'm mostly liking the new looks. The only thing that's irking me are the warped stripes on the jersey. Why can't they be on the undershirt?

I know it's tough to make them look good, but also flow with the cut of the jersey. The main reason I decided against putting them on the undershirt was that issue with Oregon State. Where some players wouldn't wear undershirts, it's just tough to keep something like that consistent among players. Also I've seen a lot of the concepts around here do that, and it usually looks great...I just wanted to try something different. But I am planning on making the undershirts more unique for some teams in the future, just not all.

Oh I know it's frustrating you can't see the pants stripes. A mix of lighting and angles made it hard, but I'm still to tone down the highlights and shadows on the right.

Thanks for the compliments and I'll see if I can add orange pants to the Broncos too!

I finished these two as well. Browns and Bucs...not sure how people will feel about these two.

ClevelandBrowns-3.jpg

I love these Browns uniforms!!!! You are hitting a lot of grand slams so far!

spacer.png

Great job so far. I could very easily see these being worn next year when Nike takes over the NFL. I think that Nike has been using the NCAA as a test market with the fans for the Pro Combat line to see if they like it before trying it in the NFL. Can't wait to see more of these.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Really liking these. The only thing I'll say is kill the pewter helmet on the bucs or at least pair it with white or pewter pants for the road set. IT just doesn't look right otherwise.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

The best so far are the Broncos (this is what they should be wearing) and the Bucs (but the roads need orange numbers). However, the main problem I have with most of your redesigns is the weird extension of the sleeve stripes to the front of the jersey. I understand that it technically works with the ProCombat cut, but I think it would look really awkward on the field, especially on those Browns jerseys.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Wow, amazing template and presentation! I really like all of these...except the Bucs. You're trying to combine both eras, which doesn't really work IMO. I would either stick with red and pewter, like they do now, or go straight orange and red. And I also agree with the others on the Browns stripes. I know the PC jerseys don't have much room on the sleeves, but my guess is that teams like the Browns, Bears, Steelers, etc. will just shrink the stripes vertically to make them look more like stripes.

ClevelandBrowns-3.jpg

I love these Browns uniforms!!!! You are hitting a lot of grand slams so far!

I agree.The only thing bothering me is there is too much glare on the legs so you can't see the stripes well.

Perfect. Just perfect. All of them. I have no criticism whatsoever.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Dang, these are excellent. Do me the favor of not doing a retro look for the Fins when you get around to re-designing them. In fact, do something completely outrageous, if you can still get it up to the standards of these unis.

cttdolphins2.png

That would be a tremendous Broncos upgrade, based on the current jersey but modern looking instead of dated.

I'm actually not a fan of that Falcons update. Feels like the football equivalent of Bettman stripes, to be honest. But I understand that'll happen with any Pro Concept series.

All the others look great. One thing: I'd have the socks extend all the way to the cuff of the pants, as is presently mandated in the NFL. Think it looks so much better than exposed leg, and I'd imagine the NFL will continue to have very strict rules on socks.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

template looks great man. all the designs are awesome too

the lighting on the gloves and shoes might be a little bit strong though, like maybe an "overlay" or "screen" layers opacity is too high. especially on the Falcons where the red shoes/gloves look pink

the shadow behind the players is also way too strong. take that down around 20% opacity. its an odd distraction being a solid black shape right now

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived