A Statement form the General

jkrdevil

Once a again there is a statement from the General of Baseball, George M. Steinbrenner III

"2004 will be recorded as the Year of the extraordinary Yankee fan!

"As the team demonstrates its enormous talent and heart on the playing field, Yankee fans throughout the tri-state area are responding by coming out to the stadium in record numbers. But it's not just Yankee Stadium that is seeing capacity crowds. Our team is helping fill ballparks throughout the country when we play. This turnout is simply unprecedented and speaks to the excitement of our NY Yankee team. Who knew you could hear a Bronx accent in Seattle, Texas or so many other ballparks?"

These never get old. The best are still "Winning isn't everything, it's second to breathing" and of course the sour grapes.

Yeah, I know. I just thought it was funny. I had a meeting the following day with an attorney that is good friends with his daughter (his son is dating The Boss's granddaughter, to boot) - he took me by George's house later that day, although he wasn't home. He told me that as bad of a rep as Steinbrenner often gets, if I would have interrupted his dinner to say hello and get an autograph, he would have gladly talked to me without giving it a second thought.

Damn. Hindsight is always 20/20.

You gotta love George.

Oh yeah! I LOVE George Steinbrunner! Being a convicted felon, a proven liar, and helping to to kill Canadian baseball with his greed! He's great if you asked me!

Wait, a minute. Why should George not try to make as much money as he can. That's capitalism. He should respected by the way he is doing it. Instead of pocketing all the money like some owners, he puts it back in the team. That leads to higher attendance and more revenue, thus he makes more money. There's nothing wrong with. Because he puts the money back into the team the Yankees just at home will draw close to 4,000,000.

Sports is a buisness. It had been and always be a buisness. Nothing has every changed.

Sports is a buisness. It had been and always be a buisness. Nothing has every changed.

Yes, but Steinbrenner's actions are putting other teams out of business. Without the rest of the MLB, the Yankees are nothing.

Revenue sharing? Yeah right... the guy pays out $20 USD to every other team, and makes him feel like a real philanthropist.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

You gotta love George.

Oh yeah! I LOVE George Steinbrunner! Being a convicted felon, a proven liar, and helping to to kill Canadian baseball with his greed! He's great if you asked me!

Wait, a minute. Why should George not try to make as much money as he can. That's capitalism. He should respected by the way he is doing it. Instead of pocketing all the money like some owners, he puts it back in the team. That leads to higher attendance and more revenue, thus he makes more money. There's nothing wrong with. Because he puts the money back into the team the Yankees just at home will draw close to 4,000,000.

Who was the first team to get 4mil? Oh, yeah, TORONTO! And why can't they compete? Because he's completley whacked out the business model in baseball!

I have to agree with jkrdevil. Don't get me wrong i hate the Yankees and hoep they lose every year. But George does take most of the profits and puts them back into the team. If everyone did this they could do what the Yanks are doing. Dosn't mean i don't think that baseball needs a salary cap though. I mean when someone buys a team their finances get scrutiinized to make sure that they can afford the team and run them. If they have the dough to by the team thay easily have enough to make it better.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

The Yankees are hated because the world hates winners, its almost as if you have to appologise for winning and George does not he goes all out and some how that has become bad. Well the last 3 years he has not won so the Yanks can be beaten so its not unfair.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Yankees are hated because the world hates winners, its almost as if you have to appologise for winning and George does not he goes all out and some how that has become bad. Well the last 3 years he has not won so the Yanks can be beaten so its not unfair.

That would be a great answer....If I had actually said that.

THe statement was, "You gotta love George". My response was, ummm, no you don't, and there are a few reasons not to. I don't care if someone is a Yankee fan: They're in New York, like them or the Mets, no big deal.

The world hates winners? Is that why everyone had a Bulls jersey in the 90s? Is that why everyone loved the 49ers in the 80s? Is that why there are tons of Cowboy's fans, Braves fans, Red Wings fans, and Lakers fans?

People are sheep, they like a winner. Especially a proven winner. A repeated winner. A team wins a lot, and all of a sudden, kids and adults alike all the way on the other side of the country all of a sudden love them, and buy the gear.

But people hate the Yankees. I mean despise. People who love basball hate baseball's 'winner' with the heat of ten thousand suns... deep in their soul.

Why?

Not because they win, but because they are simply, plainly, irrefutably ruining baseball. George Steinbrenner is doing what he wants, every other team in the league be damned. I can't blame him; he is playing within the rules. But the rules MUST change. Baseball needs fixed, and the Yankees are the problem.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

They Yankees have always won, and people have always hated the Yankees because they have won. They Yankees since they got Babe Ruth have always signed the best players. Nothing about it has changed, the only thing that has changed is that it is more public now. Before Free-agency and the draft teams had bidding wars for the best amateur talent, and the Yankees won all of those wars. Just now there is draft so there signing aren't unkown players to the public they are already stars. George has always done this. He did it in the 80's it just failed, was there as much hatred then, no. There is the hatred because the Yankees have won, however those teams weren't star driven teams, those teams were built when George was suspended. Most of the payroll went into resigning the players and bringing in some roll players.

I am a Yankee but as I have said before I'm not a big fan of George. He goes crazy. I didn't like the Giambi or Sheffield signings, and I am still pissed about the Yankees trading their top left handed pitching prospect for Boone. That trade was not worth it, anyone would have hit that Wakefield pitch out. I am someone that perfers the balanced team than the home run crazy team. The balanced teams win in the post season not the home run crazy teams (See Anahiem and Florida). And if you noticed the Yankees haven't won a championship since he went crazy after game 7 of 2001.

I originally posted this becuase it was funny, and i thought a few people would lagh at it as I did. These statements are really funny when they read them on the radio to the theme of Patton.

Archived