saintsfan challenge 28/6

Saintsfan

snivelling assistant- master master i may have made a big mistake!! I think I left my Atkins Diet book behind when I took the time machine to go and watch the Yankees.

Saintsfan- Hmm well I don't suppose you could have caused to much trouble

snivelling- Actually the only guy who was interested at all was this guy called George, mind you he could have done with losing a few pounds!!

saintsfan- did you catch his last name at all?

Snivelling assistant- no but I don't think he was all that popular, some of the others were calling him Ruth!

saintsfan- Oh my good god! That was Babe Ruth! Hey whats this all the Baseball record books I have are changing. Oh hold on its just the pictures. Oh look the Yankees uniforms are altering...

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

For those who weren't following that obtuse introduction the challenge this week is to imagine what happened if Babe Ruth was erm, less chubby, and didn't need the pintripes to make him look slimmer.

You need to design a Yankees Uniform, that they might be wearing today, without the pinstripes. You can change the colors as much as you like, except that Navy blue must still be included. You can change the logos as much as you like as well. You could assume that the Yankees might have moved out of New York, but the name must still be the Yankees.

You must show at least a full home outfit, but you can also include a road and an alternate if you envisage enough change!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

well, even without the pinstripes the organization would follow the same path to the present. They'd still be in NY and they'd still be an All-Star team. And of course they'd still be evil. But their uniforms would reflect that heritage and I can't imagine they'd go with something crazy like the the early days Diamondbacks or something. So how would the Yankees look? In a word: classy.

Yankees

Simple look with a little silver for highlighting on the homes. In keeping with Yankee tradition there would be no alternates.

Major League Baseball, in it's attempt to integrate everyone into "America's Pasttime" have convinced George Steinbrenner to sell the Yankees to Fidel Castro, thus the team becomes the Havana Yankees. So Latin America has its first MLB team, and Castro has the perfect propaganda machine to attack the youth of the US of A.

Unfortunately Castro didn't realize that there would be a huge rush of young players defecting from the USA just so that they could have a chance to play for the Yanks. The revolutionary spirit filled the air in Cuba, and Castro was overthrown. Havana once again became a haven for American youth seeking the good life. But, for one heady year, the soul of Che was on the field at Havana Stadium, which has since been renamed C&H Pure Cane Sugar Field.

yankees.jpg

CGP.gif

Echoing Sabres (to a point; this is my own concept), I think the Yank's would still go with something classy and timeless. However, I do think that they would go with a slight modernization and a sleeveless alternate...

nyyankees.gif

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

snivelling assistant- well what an interesting set of entries so far. Sabres Vicfurth and Eddie have all kept to the traditions of Yankees Baseball. Simple, straightforward and to the point. Clanhoran on the other hand has envisioned a dramatic change following my little mistake!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Here are my "stripeless" Yankees uniforms. In order, home, away, alt. There is a little red added to the scheme, as their logo is red, white and blue. The only red on the aways is on the pant striping, for consistency with the home (striping colors are reversed). I added the names for the aways and the alt, since they would only break tradition away from the Bronx, or when they wear the blue alt.

nyybb.gif

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived