I love seeing your work, and the polish you’ve put to some of these are impressive. If someone in Seattle has a different idea, they have a tall-order to live up to IMO
That Seattle Kraken identity has shot up the rankings for me. The balance you’ve found between the classic ’S’ and the trident looks great, and I like how you’ve pulled the Kraken tentacles off subtly here. Best use of the Seattle ’S’ I think I’ve seen so far and I really like it in red as well. I don’t know why, but the only thing that bothers me is the bar at the base of the trident. That line and the base might just need to be rounded to match the ’S’ I think for that to work. Very well done Sparky!
A couple others if you’re interested
- Sawbucks look too leaned back to me. I think the antler placement Is perfect, so just tilting the head (and definitely the neck) down will give it a much more aggressive and athletic look
- I think jokes will be made about the Squirrel’s posture with the Evergreens. Love the tail and the treatment of ‘Seattle’ - but the posture might need a re-think. With a squirrel, you could probably pull off shooting the acorn across the ‘Seattle’ while still keeping this positioning of the ’S’ I think (idea: http://www.chryscleary.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/flyingsquirrels.jpg)
- Still love that Sealions logo. I think the thing that holds it back is how empty it is as a primary, but it looks fantastic on the white jersey. What about taking that same colouring, and adding a healthy amount of white around it for the dark jersey? That inaugural season logo looks amazing. I like the upwards and proud logo better as a primary, but the finish on that Inaugural logo looks great. I think the font is all that holds that back btw.
- The treatment on the Steelheads is a great idea as well. Seems disjointed (and as Brian mentioned, a bit ‘eel like’) but the idea is there. Something a bit thicker and more powerful would look great.
- Sockeyes also look great. I Have warmed up to that one more and more whenever I see it with this polish. I’d try a darker colour for the eye there as that colour looks really flat and draws my attention right away, but that’s a really cool mark for the Sockeyes
- Wow do I like what you did with the Totems.
- For the Emeralds, did you try something with a squared-off tie? Something about the ‘Sims gem’ weakens the emerald feel for me. I think if the tie was chiseled from the same gem (kinda feel) the initial impressions would be ’square emerald’ as it is for me, I’m seeing the ‘Sims gem’ first and building the rest from there. IMO entirely, of course :P
You’ve done such a good job putting together identities here. That Kraken (or the acorn!) hat alone would be a win for a new franchise. Agree with you 100% btw on the plaid. Would be a really smart more in Seattle - depending on what identity they go with. Thanks for posting these!