Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'pamplona'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • The CCSLC
    • Forum Policies and Announcements
  • Sports Logos
    • Sports Logo News
    • Sports Logo General Discussion
    • General Design
    • Concepts
  • General
    • Sports In General

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Homepage


Twitter


Instagram


Snapchat


Google Talk


Skype


Jabber


Location


Interests


Favourite Logos


Favourite Teams

Found 1 result

  1. One of the challenges to doing the European Soccer Concept Cup contest (or similar contest on the forum) is that we don't really get a chance to ask for C&C here. That, I think, is part of the point of these contests, and why they're inherently difficult. The designer is forced to come up with their best work possible without any feedback before submitting. So, I had some struggles with my entry for the Spain contest, seen here: My biggest trouble was with the bull's head. As I explained in my rationale, I wanted to take the traditional lauburu design and add bull's heads. (It would have helped if I had done a more visual inspirational board, rather than just write out what I was trying to do--then folks would know what a lauburu is without having to Google. Lesson learnt for next time.) Of course, the trick is that a lauburu is two-dimensional whereas a bull's head--or at least how I conceived it--is three dimensional. And that's where my crest fell apart. I knew that as I submitted my entry, but without feedback, I didn't know how to fix it. Should I have depicted this image flatter or fuller? I don't know, so I'd like to hear what you think. The face of the bull looks two-dimensional, but the addition of the horns on both sides of the head look three-dimensional. I had thought of leaving out the "back" horn but didn't think that looked correct. I also struggled with the facial features. I looked over lots of reference photos (couldn't really find a single one that depicted exactly what I was going for). The outline of the bull's head looks oversimplified to me, yet when I looked at reference photos, the real heads really were that simple. And the facial details seem too simplified, as well, yet, again, a bull's face is really basic. I think perhaps a stroke along muzzle may have helped. I didn't even try it. So, these are my thoughts and concerns on the design, and I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks.