San Antonio Raiders Logo & Jersey Mock-Ups

hettinger_rl

Just a sketch I made as an idea for a SA Raiders logo should they move and want change their logo. Keeping the name Raiders, but using a different image to convey the idea. As stated in the title it just a sketch, I wanted some feedback as to whether or not its an idea worth running with. C&C appreciated.

NCM_0116.JPG

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sketch looks good and looks more like something team from San Antonio would use but I was wondering what colors you're going to use with this sketch

I would use black, silver, and white. MAYBE...maybe another color :)

I like what you have going here. Couple nitpicks:

-What is the black stuff behind the skull? Is that supposed to be hair?

-Also I don't like how the smile goes past the mustache. I would stop it at the mustache.

Other than that it's a pretty good start. Slap it on the shield and that could be pretty nice. I could see the real life marketing towards the Hispanic community of Texas to gather a fan base with the sombrero and all. I particularly like the mustache. If you don't have it, THEN it would look too much like the Bucs. Might look too much like them already.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Anyone think I should add an eye patch? Or would that be too Rooster Cogburn?

Tampa Bay has owned the skull imagery ever since their 1997 redesign. So I would go with a man's face with an eye patch like the Raiders have always had. Also, instead of a sombrero how about some kind of pirate / cowboy hat hybrid? Like, a cowboy hat with crossbones on it or something...

I find it funny no one here has mentioned yet how the Bucs and Raiders both use crossed swords imagery. Lots of people (including me) are saying the Raiders having a skull in a new logo would be too Tampa Bay but was anyone saying the crossed swords were too Oakland when the new, dramatically different Buccaneers uniforms debuted in '97? I'm surprised Al Davis didn't try to sue!

g9mgk6x3ge26t44cccm9oq1vl.gif1046.gif

Anyone think I should add an eye patch? Or would that be too Rooster Cogburn?

Tampa Bay has owned the skull imagery ever since their 1997 redesign. So I would go with a man's face with an eye patch like the Raiders have always had. Also, instead of a sombrero how about some kind of pirate / cowboy hat hybrid? Like, a cowboy hat with crossbones on it or something...

I find it funny no one here has mentioned yet how the Bucs and Raiders both use crossed swords imagery. Lots of people (including me) are saying the Raiders having a skull in a new logo would be too Tampa Bay but was anyone saying the crossed swords were too Oakland when the new, dramatically different Buccaneers uniforms debuted in '97? I'm surprised Al Davis didn't try to sue!

g9mgk6x3ge26t44cccm9oq1vl.gif1046.gif

They did sue, but lost.

this could be genuine NFL logo for raiders if move to San Antonio but it should be San Antonio Señors make it sounds more western than raiders that's only suggest I have for this concept

It's funny you mentioned that, the Raiders were originally going to be called the Oakland Señors when they were first brought into the AFL, but they decided to change the name due to allegations that the owner fixed the 'name the team' contest.

Thought I'd try the bandana on the face. Also changed the hat a bit and added a shield similar to ERay's.

NCM_0119.JPG

I really like the concept of the logo, the one thing that irks me is the eyes. The brows/cracks (not sure) make him look more surprised than intimidating. I'm not sure the best way to fix that, but overall, the concept looks great. I can't wait to see a finished product

Archived