College Football Rivals Series Part 2! even better

laray3

hey guys as you know i created a thread called college football rivals series well i had some requests to do more so i have decided to continue this series and make a part two

nkz1HQF.jpg

first up is washington vs washington state

washington- went with classic purple jersey and went with chrome helmet logo and chrome numbers

washington state- went with a unique shoulder design and washington state script across chest

CeAsXzU.jpg

i went with gold chrome to replicate the apple cup trophy

Why'd you start a whole new thread? Don't like the gold chrome for Wash

had to start another thread the other got deleted

That'd be something good to add with your presentation. Also, I'd like to see the pants more. I like WSU though.

To be completely honest, none of these, nor the original thread designs, are any good. I've tried to not say anything over these two threads, but I couldn't hold it in any longer. There's nothing special here. They're all chrome for chrome's sake. Colors don't match, and many designs just don't make sense. Mississippi State is your only team that even has a conference logo on it. And that simply seems to be because you just recolored an old picture.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

To be completely honest, none of these, nor the original thread designs, are any good. I've tried to not say anything over these two threads, but I couldn't hold it in any longer. There's nothing special here. They're all chrome for chrome's sake. Colors don't match, and many designs just don't make sense. Mississippi State is your only team that even has a conference logo on it. And that simply seems to be because you just recolored an old picture.

Actually didnt recolor anything thats a template i mocked up. I didnt "recolor" anything. As for your critisism.... i would accept it if you tried to give tips... if you dont like the thread the dont view it. Im not sure how u say none of my designs make sense and my colors dont match? That just doesnt make sense

This. I say, find a new template, and spend a lot more time on each one. These have all looked sloppy, so sit down and thoroughly think through your designs.

Your first tip? Don't tell people not to view your work. It doesn't work that way as much as you want to think. All your designs look similar. Your Washington State design is your best so far. I like the shoulder yoke design. And instead of just saying what you changed, actually explain why you did it.

Also, don't get your feelings hurt so badly when someone says it isn't very good. Any time anyone says something negative about your designs you tell them to back off and leave. And you wonder why people don't leave the nicest comments for you.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Your first tip? Don't tell people not to view your work. It doesn't work that way as much as you want to think. All your designs look similar. Your Washington State design is your best so far. I like the shoulder yoke design. And instead of just saying what you changed, actually explain why you did it.

Also, don't get your feelings hurt so badly when someone says it isn't very good. Any time anyone says something negative about your designs you tell them to back off and leave. And you wonder why people don't leave the nicest comments for you.

Anyone who gives me constructive critisim i gladly take it and try to make things better but if someone posts "these arent good" and thats it well tell me how to fix it... if there not good help me fix it

Anyone who gives me constructive critisim i gladly take it and try to make things better but if someone posts "these arent good" and thats it well tell me how to fix it... if there not good help me fix it

Want help? Get a new template. The current one doesn't help your designs to be showcased in the best light. My advice would be to adopt a flat template (plenty of those available for Photoshop), and use the real life model as a supplemental piece.

As for the designs, they aren't good but they aren't all that bad either. What's hurting you is that you're rushing to complete these (at least that's how it looks) take time to research and design the uniforms thoughtfully (see Matt Willcox's VS Program for how to do this, Matt is one of the best).

If you do both the things I suggested you'd get better responses and some of the more established members would be willing to offer C&C! Keep in mind to get quality C&C, which takes time, you have to put the time into your concepts.

You should start using the template that you were using in the college football sim dynasty.

Ole Miss is really nice but I think you should go with white pants to make it more consistent.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

This will be my first post but an honest post.

I agree with most that the images are very sub par. Why? Because of so many designs flaws and pieces that look very flat and borderline cheesy looking. The gold chrome stands out too much and doesn't really resemble chrome at all. The numbers, logos, etc all appear one dimensional and "hovering" on the body parts instead of have highlights, shadows and depth to them.

Now from a design stand point.

Washington has too many shades of gold in their uniform and doesn't flow well together. The gold being used is too much of a dark mustard color vs a nice gold hue.

Washington St appears to be just an exposure issue with the grey uniform rather than the uniform actually meaning to be grey. Washington State and the number do not line up. The #5 just lays on top of the jersey rather than conforming and using the shadows from the uniform underneath to give it a sense of placement on the jersey. Red on the shoulders is a different red than on the neck line. You technically have 4 different hues of red on that guy. Use two different players and not the same player mirrored.

Ole Miss is just a trash and redo. Too similar to their original uniform now. Stripes on the shoulders are just flat images hovering, same with the color on the arms for "sleeves". Ole Miss is sheared and the number isn't, why? The top of the number five needs adjust to extend over top of it's loop. I can't put my thumb on the helmet but it's extremely poor quality. Not sure if you took the image from a helmet and added it on or tried to make the logo, either way it needs cleaned up and redone.

Mississippi State - wow, how many logos can you possibly throw onto a jersey front? Wayyyyyy too much going on here, and I don't mean good. You basically took 2013 Adidas jersey and copied the logos and stuff on to it. Not much originality here. Color is absolutely horrible.

What really hurts to look at is the last image. The Ole Miss logo out to the left has no alignment to anything. Mississippi State is the same way. College Football Rivals Series has 0 alignment and just slapped in the middle "sort of"

Learn some typography rules first then proceed to photoshop. Without any type of knowledge you are just spinning your tires and not moving forward.

I feel like you need to learn the programs before attempting to woo people with a "Rivals Series" but to call it "even better" is such a tease. Too many designs flaws mixed with lack of experience. Try working on one jersey at a time to create or mimic a jersey from today. Use a better template, this one is too small and personally lacks a lot.

Take everything I have said as constructive criticism but know that I am being brutally honest, you need to take criticism and improve. If not then people will eat you alive and you will never become any better (just as some of my college students, they believe they are right and their designs are perfect; but keep making the same mistakes, and in the end I give them a failing grade)

Actually didnt recolor anything thats a template i mocked up. I didnt "recolor" anything. As for your critisism.... i would accept it if you tried to give tips... if you dont like the thread the dont view it. Im not sure how u say none of my designs make sense and my colors dont match? That just doesnt make sense

You need to find a better template, to be honest the template i think is really bad the designs arent that bad but it looks bad on this template

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

Archived