Best college football uniforms

mattp0777

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Texas Tech's black uniforms...but not sure if that's what I would lead off, if we're covering the entire universe of college football uniforms. Texas Tech might not be in the top 20 if you include the traditional looks that are always at the top of these kinds of lists.

By the way, posters may be tired out from a topic like this, seeing as how this thread happens about twice a year on here, plus lists of "best college uniforms" are plastered on every sports "journalism" site known to man.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

TT doesn't even have the best uniform in that first picture alone

ISU > TTU, no question.

I don't care if the Cyclones are a USC-rip, they're still visually fantastic.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Saw the thread for the worst now its time for the best. Can be current ,past, full time, or one off uniforms.

First is Texas tech all black and all white

My current favorite is in this photo...but it's Iowa State. Though it's their home uniform that I love. I hope they keep the essential look. It is a red facemask from perfection.

My favorite of All time is below. But they really took a beating when the jersey cut started to get so minimal. (and now they are back to the overrated loopy number font anyway)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Non-biased, and when worn correctly I love Ohio's...

ohio-bobcats-brazill-20111.jpg

ohio.jpg

UCLA Stripes, simple but bold with a color palate that is nice and classic. And im a sucker for their helmet logo, and even that matches the set.

I love Matte Green too for their helmets, if only they had matched the stripes correctly.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Non-biased, and when worn correctly I love Ohio's...

UCLA Stripes, simple but bold with a color palate that is nice and classic. And im a sucker for their helmet logo, and even that matches the set.

I love Matte Green too for their helmets, if only they had matched the stripes correctly.

Above I call Iowa State my favorite uniform of the day, but the standard ohio look (with two stripes on the helmet) may very well be it...forgot about that one. I am with you on the matte helmet...it would be great with the double-stripes.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm a fan of Auburn's look. I also like Navy's alternates (with the BA helmet) and (homer pick) Michigan State's non-yoked green/green/white combo. But my current fave, which I'm assuming some may cringe at, is:

braxton-miller-ohio-state-buckeyes-.jpg

Those are nice. I like the white set as well.

11158183285_628b2b9705_b.jpg

I'm a fan of Auburn's look. I also like Navy's alternates (with the BA helmet) and (homer pick) Michigan State's non-yoked green/green/white combo. But my current fave, which I'm assuming some may cringe at, is:

braxton-miller-ohio-state-buckeyes-.jpg

Those are nice. I like the white set as well.

11158183285_628b2b9705_b.jpg

Love the red set, but not the white. If they went with grey pants it'd be better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

One of the best may reside with one of the newer programs in college football. Our first set was so generic:

Georgia-State-vs-Clemson-live-football.j

But we switched to Nike, and i LOVE this look, especially the helmets.

Anthracite is random i know, but I don't mind it (maybe because i go to school here?)

13532848-standard.jpg

gsu-13-whiteblue-1-675x380.jpg

940x.jpg

6_1152399.jpg

940x.jpg

Panther-football650x400.jpg

rsz_120113_gsu_football_hs26.jpg

g3203200000000000004532621bb3b6bac51b702

What it looks like next to Alabama, one of the traditionalists:

Georgia_St_Alabama_Fo_Brow_t670.jpg?b3f6

Our original set was supposed to just include a new "Panthers" Script anthracite helmet, but they began changing out the decals as the season went along

Anthracite

-White GSU Decal

-"Panthers" Script

-Blue GSU Decal

Blue

-White "GSU" underline logo

-White GSU Decal

-Blue GSU Decal

-GSU decal on one side, Panther head on other side

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I'll be a total B1G homer, but you can't really get better than this if you like classic looks:

THIS

michigan-five-games-every-Ohio-State-Buc

AND THIS

-531fc18b6f9adf80.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived