College teams that don't use their main logo on their helmet that should.

imawalkingcorpse

I did a search and didn't see anything that talked about this, at least in the title.

I'll start, I think UCF should use the Knight on a helmet, probably gold and they should also use the older state of Florida logo with UCF through the middle.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me for talking about my alma mater so much lately, but I think they are a good candidate here. They are the University at Buffalo. The athletics department is trying to rebrand itself as NEW YORK - Buffalo. But... they still use the institutional UB logo on their helmets. They are even using it on their black alt helmets that they just got this summer.

New-Buffalo-Football-Helmet.jpg

They should either use their bull logo (without the word, obviously) or some modification of their 50-yard line logo from their new turf.

6fzn6ljfgggzo8dmp09y.gif

unnamed.jpg

Technically Sparky is no longer our "main athletic" logo but I'd love to see him back featured on the helmet even if for a "one game only/Special" uniform.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Forgive me for talking about my alma mater so much lately, but I think they are a good candidate here. They are the University at Buffalo. The athletics department is trying to rebrand itself as NEW YORK - Buffalo. But... they still use the institutional UB logo on their helmets. They are even using it on their black alt helmets that they just got this summer.

They should either use their bull logo (without the word, obviously) or some modification of their 50-yard line logo from their new turf.

6fzn6ljfgggzo8dmp09y.gif

unnamed.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing just the head of the bull on a helmet.

Ugh, none of this "Penn State should use the logo on the helmets thing"...Its never gonna happen.

Speaking of things that are never gonna happen... i really liked the Notre Dame shamrock logo they used a couple years back on the shamrock series uniforms. That would look great full time IMO

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

6fzn6ljfgggzo8dmp09y.gif

unnamed.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing just the head of the bull on a helmet.

I'm not sure they'd do that... this bar opened up just off-campus recently:

bluebull3.jpg

Ugh, none of this "Penn State should use the logo on the helmets thing"...Its never gonna happen.

Speaking of things that are never gonna happen... i really liked the Notre Dame shamrock logo they used a couple years back on the shamrock series uniforms. That would look great full time IMO

My bad. I missed the "that should" part of the thread title. Penn State and Alabama should never change.

My bad. I missed the "that should" part of the thread title. Penn State and Alabama should never change.

Most fans would say the same about Nebraska. I wouldn't mind the university switching to the serif N logo, but the skinny N has been around too long for them to change, IMO.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived