Complete College Football Redesign (Sun Belt Pt. 2 11/20)

mbannon92

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

imo i hate the new york word mark, you can keep it but i absoultly hate it

to expound on this

As an lumnus of UB, i 100% think that the NY wordmark needs to go, but I understand that the not form buffalo Danny White loves it, but it's a disgrace

However, with your design for UB i find it stunning and fantastic, and the only improvement would be to replace the NY script with a Buffalo Script, like the uniforms used to have

Besides that limitation, fantastic work for UB

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

How did the Northern Illinois helmet look without the grey outline on the NI? I wonder if it needs it.

I liked the stripes on the pants, too. Kind of busy, but you could tell what was going on.

All the logos in NIU's set have that grey outline, so that's why it's there on the logos, numbers and stripes.

imo i hate the new york word mark, you can keep it but i absoultly hate it

to expound on this

As an lumnus of UB, i 100% think that the NY wordmark needs to go, but I understand that the not form buffalo Danny White loves it, but it's a disgrace

However, with your design for UB i find it stunning and fantastic, and the only improvement would be to replace the NY script with a Buffalo Script, like the uniforms used to have

Besides that limitation, fantastic work for UB

I agree that it's a stupid wordmark, but I'm working within each school's brand, so that's why I used it.

On to the Mountain West!

Mountain Division

Links: Air Force | Boise State | Colorado State | New Mexico | Utah State | Wyoming

Air Force

- Just one "primary" helmet: white with blue stripe, logos and facemask. So no more (light) grey or gradient helmets.

- Added the lightning bolts to the sleeves, running them onto the front of the jersey, and used a standard pants stripe to match the helmet.

- All of the silver trim is shiny, but not reflective like Ohio State and the Tampa Bay Bucs.

- The alternate uniform is gunmetal grey, going for an aircraft theme, with blue stripes, logos and numbers.

zz5ovaD.png?1

Boise State

- Removed all silver from the color scheme. I just feel like it doesn't contrast enough with the bright blue and orange.

- The helmets (blue and white) have the oversized bronco on BOTH sides now, and in its normal coloring. I seriously considered keeping the asymmetrical look and running with it in the unis, but decided against it.

- The sleeves feature a striping pattern taken from the mane of the bronco logo, and the pants have complimentary striping.

- I tweaked the number font, angling off the small, rounded serifs, to match the new wordmarks they introduced a couple years back.

dpbCOMI.png?1

Colorado State

- The helmet now features white horns with gold trim to match the ram head logo. I tried the bone-style horns from their throwbacks, but just didn't like how it looked.

- The jerseys and pants feature white/green tapered stripes with gold trim to match the horns.

- I decided against an orange throwback look. Looking back at their uniform history, they were constantly changing between different shades of orange and gold and orangy-gold, so I didn't feel that there was a great enough precedent.

DrCR9XA.png?1

New Mexico

- Put the slightly-angled lobo head logo back on the helmet and added black trim to the whole look, since all their logos feature a significant amount of black.

- Used the "Lobos" wordmark and custom number font on the jerseys, like on their current alternate uniforms.

- Added a turquoise home alternate to wear for homecoming or other big games. Turquoise replaces black in the logos, and the striping is red with turquoise or silver trim.

NCnVBAU.png?1

Utah State

- The helmets are now satin, and I got rid of the pattern on them (and the numbers). It was just kind of random, and I don't like that it introduced black into the color scheme. I also changed the coloring of the helmet logos to match the brand standards.

- The sleeves feature the horns from the bull logo, with straight, cut-off stripes on the pants.

- White/grey/grey and white/grey/white combos will NOT be worn <_<

wqxWdsk.png?1

Wyoming

- This was a fun one. The helmets are all satin, and come in yellow, white and brown. The brown is meant to evoke a leathery feel.

- The school's awesome custom font was used for the wordmarks and numbers (it IS used on their basketball uniforms).

- Helmet, jersey and pants all feature thin-ish striping with barbs on them to match the font.

tM8AXoJ.png?1

Really liking this round as well. I think some of these are starting to become a bit too similar - which is natural, not hating on you or your designs. I'm not a fan of the shoulder designs - Boise especially. I just don't think it works as well as you were hoping. I really like what you've done with Utah State and Wyoming. I would like to see the stripe on the white pants for Utah State mimic the other two pants a bit more. I love the stripe serifs on Wyoming.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Crap, I missed the MAC!

• Akron: Love the alternate set. One thing I don't like about it though is the slanted front numbers, but they still look nice. I would just straighten them out.
  • BG, UB, KENT, M-OH, UMass: All great looking sets
  • Ohio: My school... Love what you did. Only thing I would do is to make the helmet black. OU loves their blackout game, might as well go from head to toe.
  • Rest of the MAC: Fantastic, especially WMU

Mountain West:

• This part of the conference looks great. I wonder how New Mexico would look if you replace the black in the home and away sets with the teal? Just a thought.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'll wait to get more feedback on the Boise State sleeves before I think about changing them. Definitely open to changing them, though.

The other looks are awesome, but for Boise, I would bring the grey back

I specified that I got rid of the grey (silver) because it doesn't contrast well. It's also not officially a part of the color scheme, so it's just unnecessary.

Really liking this round as well. I think some of these are starting to become a bit too similar - which is natural, not hating on you or your designs. I'm not a fan of the shoulder designs - Boise especially. I just don't think it works as well as you were hoping. I really like what you've done with Utah State and Wyoming. I would like to see the stripe on the white pants for Utah State mimic the other two pants a bit more. I love the stripe serifs on Wyoming.

Well, when you're designing uniforms for 128 teams there's gonna be some similarities! What other shoulder designs don't you like? And the stripes on USU's white pants do match the others. They have a grey outline, it's just harder to see against the white.

Mountain West:

• This part of the conference looks great. I wonder how New Mexico would look if you replace the black in the home and away sets with the teal? Just a thought.

I would LOVE for New Mexico to go back to red and turquoise, but I have to stick within the brand, so it has to be relegated to an alternate.

Grey is a pretty big part of Boise's color scheme. If you're working within each school's brand, then it's worth noting that Boise's logo has been changed in the past year or so to include more grey and less orange:

banner-broncos-lrg2.jpg

I understand the point about having less contrast than white, but that's never really been an issue on the on-field uniforms; they're still legible.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Crap, I missed the MAC!

That's what the polls say, too.

Kidding aside, I thought WMU and Wyoming have been amazing.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Grey is a pretty big part of Boise's color scheme. If you're working within each school's brand, then it's worth noting that Boise's logo has been changed in the past year or so to include more grey and less orange:

banner-broncos-lrg2.jpg

I understand the point about having less contrast than white, but that's never really been an issue on the on-field uniforms; they're still legible.

That's not the official logo -- pretty sure it's only used for football. According to Boise State's brand standards on its website, this is the athletics mark:

PrmLogo_on_wht_RGB.png

And football is the only major sport that uses grey in its uniforms, other than alternates. Men's and women's basketball don't, and neither do women's soccer or softball.

Just give it up...it's GFGS and I personally don't like it, so I'm not changing it.

Moving on to the West Division of the Mountain West.

Links: Fresno State | Hawai'i | Nevada | San Diego State | San Jose State | UNLV

Fresno State

- I gave Fresno State a simplified look, similar to what they wore before they switched to their current catalog clownsuits.

- The helmet and pants are stripeless, and the cuffs feature two-tone striping.

- Navy jersey and pants are retained for big night games.

u4A3w1Q.png?1

Hawai'i

- The helmet is black to green color changing, similar to the Jaguars previous helmets, and they feature more toned-down triangle striping.

- The right sleeve and left pant leg feature the tribal striping pattern from the Colt Brennan era, always in silver. I moved the sleeve striping from the left to right sleeve to balance it with the pants.

LgiP5ea.png?1

Nevada

- One helmet: Navy blue with single color, silver logo and stripe.

- The sleeves feature striping taken from the streaking lines in the logo. I think it made for a pretty cool look. The pants have a tapered stripe to match the helmet.

- Aachen returns for the number font to match the official wordmarks.

uYhDWxa.png?1

San Diego State

- Really the only changes are the number outlines and the striping. The braisher stripes on the jersey and pants are replaced with spears that match the logo.

NFqUT1A.png?1

San Jose State

- Replaced their catalog clownsuits (which match Fresno State's) with a look to reflect their awesome branding.

- Jersey and pants feature striping based off the plume in their logo. I decided to go against the spear, since SDSU uses a spear as well.

- Created a custom number font based on the team's wordmarks.

DjXj7D5.png?1

UNLV

- UNLV was tough to figure out for me. The school's official colors are scarlet and grey (and a darker grey), but the football team wears scarlet and silver and every other sport wears scarlet and black. So I decided to go with the scarlet and darker grey with black accents, a look that would be adopted by every sport.

- The helmet and pants feature wide stripes with black trim, while the jerseys feature a yoke. I've been wanting to do a yoke for somebody, and I felt like it fit the rebel/cowboy theme.

- Used the basketball team's number font.

qM9c0uv.png?1

Fantastic work with this last bunch. Nothing really stands out to me that makes me want to comment on it specifically except for UNLV. There's something about the yoke that I can't put my finger on, though I'm not sure what it is. Oh well, I guess.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived