European Soccer into NFL Football - Closing the English PL (Sunderland, Southampton, Stoke, Hull, West Ham)

Naoned Pride

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think you either have to:

1. Take the soccer teams current/traditional styling and transfer it directly onto a football template.
  2. Or... Take the soccer teams look and make it work using an existing football style.

Right now you are doing neither so it doesn't fit the soccer teams style or look like something that would be worn in the NFL.

To use Inter Milan as an example of what could be done:

1. Black and blue stripes all over the home jersey.
  2. A blue jersey with black striping similar to the Michigan Wolverines retro adidas one.

Your crests are great so far but they deserve better with the uniforms. Research NFL, College and even CFL uniforms to get an understanding of what is and isn't done on football uniforms.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I personally think you either have to:

1. Take the soccer teams current/traditional styling and transfer it directly onto a football template.
  2. Or... Take the soccer teams look and make it work using an existing football style.

Right now you are doing neither so it doesn't fit the soccer teams style or look like something that would be worn in the NFL.

To use Inter Milan as an example of what could be done:

1. Black and blue stripes all over the home jersey.
  2. A blue jersey with black striping similar to the Michigan Wolverines retro adidas one.

Your crests are great so far but they deserve better with the uniforms. Research NFL, College and even CFL uniforms to get an understanding of what is and isn't done on football uniforms.

Thank you for your help. I'll definetely look into it and update. I was reticent to using stripes since I was told football kits aren't as charged as soccer ones. But I guess if I work with a white number it'll do it.

One thing to definitely correct on the Inter Milan graphic - you have them down as '18 times English champion', that should of course be Italian. ;)

Haha yeah, it's not the first time. My introduction template has ManCity on it so I easily forget to change this !

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Thank you for your help. I'll definetely look into it and update. I was reticent to using stripes since I was told football kits aren't as charged as soccer ones. But I guess if I work with a white number it'll do it.

No problem. I definitely think you have to go one way or the other to make the uniforms fit into a category. I would personally recommend the option 2 of making them look more like NFL uniforms do.

Yes, stripes would be a bit much for an NFL team. After all, these Pittsburgh Steelers throwback uniforms got a lot of hate:

steelersx-inset-community.jpg

But like I said, the logos you have created are great so far. A bit of work on the uniforms and the overall concepts will be great too.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

No,no,no on the Inter away. That's just not right.

This comment isn't helpful. We need to remember that not everyone has grown up with football always on TV. In fact, Naoned Pride mentioned that he isn't that familiar with (American) football and doesn't have a great grasp on what is done and what isn't done with uniforms.

Naoned Pride, my biggest problem with Inter's away kit is the two-toned pants. No one uses pants that are two different colors in football, and it does look really odd to me. I must admit that my original reaction upon seeing the pants was similar to PackerFan98's reaction. To those of us who have grown up around football it looks completely out of place.

EDIT: I see you just posted another concept; I like these a lot better. Good job. The sublimation of stripes on the blue jersey does a good job of incorporating Inter's look in a way that could work on an American football jersey. Although sublimation isn't often used in American football jerseys, it has been done before (by the Patriots for a few years), and this shows that it can work.

award%20sig.png

This comment isn't helpful. We need to remember that not everyone has grown up with football always on TV. In fact, Naoned Pride mentioned that he isn't that familiar with (American) football and doesn't have a great grasp on what is done and what isn't done with uniforms.

Naoned Pride, my biggest problem with Inter's away kit is the two-toned pants. No one uses pants that are two different colors in football, and it does look really odd to me. I must admit that my original reaction upon seeing the pants was similar to PackerFan98's reaction. To those of us who have grown up around football it looks completely out of place.

EDIT: I see you just posted another concept; I like these a lot better. Good job. The sublimation of stripes on the blue jersey does a good job of incorporating Inter's look in a way that could work on an American football jersey. Although sublimation isn't often used in American football jerseys, it has been done before (by the Patriots for a few years), and this shows that it can work.

Sorry, got flustered. Your new Inter is very nice. Love the sublimited stripes. HUGE upgrade.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

I know what you meant, but there are lots of american football teams that use two colors on their pants ;) Quartered pants, no.

Latest Inter Milan is really nice. Love Bayern as well, except for the gold in the home.

I've also seen that a lot of your helmets have very wide stripes. There has been a trend of this happening with Ohio State's Pro Combat's and the horrible new Tampa Bay uniforms, but helmets usually don't have as wide of stripes that you've been using. Also, no to the butt stripes on the ManU pants. That always looks bad.

Finally, there is no rule about the away team having to wear white. Cowboys wear white every home game, along with LSU and many other teams. Teams will wear white at home early in the year down south (Miami Dolphins) and also wear white at home to force the Cowboys or LSU to wear their colored jerseys. It's a superstition thing for them.

Can't wait to see Liverpool. Use the bird from their crest as the helmet logo. I remember doing that in a EPL-NFL crossover I did ages ago. Keep it up :)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I know what you meant, but there are lots of american football teams that use two colors on their pants ;) Quartered pants, no.

Latest Inter Milan is really nice. Love Bayern as well, except for the gold in the home.

I've also seen that a lot of your helmets have very wide stripes. There has been a trend of this happening with Ohio State's Pro Combat's and the horrible new Tampa Bay uniforms, but helmets usually don't have as wide of stripes that you've been using. Also, no to the butt stripes on the ManU pants. That always looks bad.

Finally, there is no rule about the away team having to wear white. Cowboys wear white every home game, along with LSU and many other teams. Teams will wear white at home early in the year down south (Miami Dolphins) and also wear white at home to force the Cowboys or LSU to wear their colored jerseys. It's a superstition thing for them.

Can't wait to see Liverpool. Use the bird from their crest as the helmet logo. I remember doing that in a EPL-NFL crossover I did ages ago. Keep it up :)

What with ManU pants ? I don't see what you mean, its plain !

And yeah, I'd be a fool not to take such an opportunity on L'pool. :P

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Didn't have much time on my hands right now to deliver two concepts at once, so here I give Valencia Murciélagos. The nickname "the Bats" originate from the heraldry of several Catalonian kings and rulers, who often used it in their coat of arms.

Valencia Murciélagos (Valencia Bats)

1410887017-valencia-murcielagos-intro.pn

1410887010-valencia-murcielagos-kits.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Here we go again with two of the most mythical european clubs: Celtic FC and Ajax Amsterdam !

Celtic Glasgow

1411227059-celtic-helmet-intro.png

1411227045-celtic-intro.png

For Ajax, I've decided to stick with their name too. The name comes from Homer's Eliad, as Ajax is a mythological warrior in the tale.

Ajax Amsterdam

1411227058-ajax-amsterdam-intro.png

1411227031-ajax-amsterdam-kits.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Archived