European Soccer into NFL Football - Closing the English PL (Sunderland, Southampton, Stoke, Hull, West Ham)

Naoned Pride

Going on with Wolfsburg. I went with the name Wolfsburg Wölfe. Their helmet and kits are inspired from their current kit.

1411851100-wolfsburg-grun-intro.png

1411851078-wolfsburg-grun-logo.png

Following with France's most succesful team to date: Saint-Etienne. Their sole nickname is widely known in France: les "Verts", meaning the Greens. With that in mind, I decided to go with a plain green helmet.

Verts de Saint Etienne (Saint-Etienne Greens)

1411851110-verts-sainte-intro.png

1411851097-verts-sainte-kits.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving to Germany, with Borussia Dortmund !

Now, it litterally means Prussia Dortmund, so I thought I'd keep it as a franchise name. With that being said, the acronym BvB on the original logo were replaced by BD, since BvB implied the game was Soccer.

1409685842-borussia-dortmund-intro.png

1409685838-borussia-dortmund-kits.png

You could actually have kept BVB since the BV stands for "Ballspielverein" - "Club for ball games" and football is a ball game to me.

• 1 month later...

After a couple of weeks not posting anything, I've decided to come back with major updates. I've found a helmet template that allows me to work on the back of it, so here are the first 4 teams of the new turn.

My goal here will be to have one franchise for every 2014-15 Premier League season. I will work on other leagues a little later.

The kits are directly inspired by the current IRL kits of each teams.

Arsenal FC ---------- London Gunners

1415489066-arsenal-wip-2.png

Aston Villa FC --------- Aston Villa Lions

1415489052-aston-villa-lions.png

Crystal Palace FC ---------- Crystal Palace Eagles

1415489023-crystal-palace-eagles.png

Everton FC ---------- Everton Toffees

1415489064-everton-toffees.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

I'll rework on the Villians, but right now, here are 2 updates (Manchester) and 2 new teams !

Manchester United ==> Manchester Red Devils

1415736032-manchester-red-devils.png

Manchester City ==> Manchester Golden Eagles

1415736025-manchester-golden-eagles.png

Leicester City FC ==> Leicester City Foxes

1415736029-leicester-foxes.png

Newcastle United ==> Newcastle Seahorses

1415736019-newcastle-seahorses.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Here are two updates for Aston Villa and Newcastle.

1416244639-aston-villa-villians.png

1416244632-newcastle-magpies.png

Burnley FC ===> Burnley Clarets

For this one, I've tried to play with the stair-like (or pixel-like) art on the heraldic featured on their crest. Burnley_FC_badge_2010.gif

1416244627-burnley-clarets.png

Liverpool FC ===> Liverpool Reds

1416244622-liverpool-reds.png

Chelsea FC ===> London Blues

1416244636-london-blues.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

This second round of concepts are much improved over your first attempts. There are some original thoughts going into each one and I like that.

You may need to do more thorough research, like the times with Newcastle Seahorses. Sometimes what you first see does not tell the true story of the identity of the club. But you are heading in the right direction.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Thanks guys ! Here are 4 new teams :D

Queens Park Rangers

1416494084-qpr.png

Swansea City AFC ===> Swansea City Swans

1416494079-swansea-city-swans.png

Tottenham Hotspurs

1416494087-tottenham-hotspurs.png

West Bromwich Albion ===> West Bromwich Throstles

1416494084-west-brom-throstles.png

Yet to come in Premier League:

- Hull City Tigers

- Southampton Saints

- Stoke City Potters

- Sunderland Black Cats

- West Ham Hammers

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Well done on making progress yet again. They are beginning to look more and more like viable NFL jerseys, although teams like QPR don't help by having stripes!

I am a Tottenham fan and I am pleased with what you have produced. The new football under the cockerel on the crest is a simple idea but is well executed.

The only thing I can think of to improve these (to make them more like the NFL) is that you have logos on the helmet but the jersey and pants have nothing on for the clubs identity. This could either be a wordmark above the number or a secondary logo on the chest or sleeves. Most NFL teams have one or both of these things. If you are keeping them similar to current Premier League kits then obviously you are OK as it is now.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

The only thing I can think of to improve these (to make them more like the NFL) is that you have logos on the helmet but the jersey and pants have nothing on for the clubs identity. This could either be a wordmark above the number or a secondary logo on the chest or sleeves. Most NFL teams have one or both of these things. If you are keeping them similar to current Premier League kits then obviously you are OK as it is now.

I gave it a try at first with wordmarks, but I don't feel like it, even on real NFL jerseys. It's just a matter of personnal taste. Concerning secondary logos, it's kinda hard since I like to use already existent logos to keep the clubs' identity, so I believe it would feel like a duplicate if I put them on the kit.

Very nice. I wouldn't be against QPR having their entire jersey stripes.

Back when I first started with this series, I've asked for an helping hand concerning the codes of NFL jerseys, and one of the most important was that the number should be visible from outside the pitch (for substitution matters I guess), so I thought I'd better drop stripes on jerseys for they could mislead the eye from the numbers. But I believe striped helmet and what I did with QPR kinda does the trick (expect something similar with clubs such as Celtic, or Milan).

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Archived