2014 MLB World Series / Postseason Logos

UncleJunior

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty simple is one thing, but these are wordmarks at best. These are going to look weird on a hat or jersey. The only one that looks like a "logo" is the one with the flags in the lower left corner. Just needs the 2014 on there somewhere and it would look complete.

Talk about "Word" I feel like I can make this in MS Word '98 Clip Art. The more I look at it, the more it looks like a no frills generic brand.

I guess all the the main Arced text logos will be used on the field along the 1st and 3rd base lines. As well as Fox broadcast.

"Vertical Marks" for banners outside the stadiums? I agree anything else would look odd on the hats, jerseys.
The "Sleeve, Collar" designs looks like it will be used. (Red and blue banners with MLB logo, located on the back top neck area?)

If they just put "WS | 14" in a nice bold shoulder patch, I think it will look less sloppy and cluttered compared to the big logo.

B36yFwh.jpg

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

Things have changed since 10 years ago. Nowadays they are going for what merchandise can be on local shelves the day they clinch. This way they can print up hats and shirts ahead of time and place a sticker or couple more screens at the last minute. I think it cheapens the experience for fans when official merch doesn't even match team colors. I'd like to think this basic design may mean that merch might match team colors, but I doubt it. My guess is tshirts are being printed right now, with hats embroidered now as well.

That said, I think it's a decent logo set that will look nice on gray tshirts.

timmy.png

Most of all the marks / logos / "alternate marks" for the 2014 MLB Postseason. Going with a pretty simple design again.

GO78WPF.jpg

Regarding that alternate logo on the lower-left with the red and blue boxed flags, I feel as if they should have been more appropriate for the corresponding LCS logos. These flags are reminiscent of the postseason logos from 2004:

200px-2004NLCSLogo.png

1941.gif

hghqhgnogmhxbiwjw20w5c5cw.gif

Things have changed since 10 years ago. Nowadays they are going for what merchandise can be on local shelves the day they clinch. This way they can print up hats and shirts ahead of time and place a sticker or couple more screens at the last minute. I think it cheapens the experience for fans when official merch doesn't even match team colors. I'd like to think this basic design may mean that merch might match team colors, but I doubt it. My guess is tshirts are being printed right now, with hats embroidered now as well.

That said, I think it's a decent logo set that will look nice on gray tshirts.

Not sure about merchandising, but I got an email today with the Postseason word mark with orange for the Orioles. Can't post the picture, but here's a link http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/season.jsp?partnerId=ed-8616041-738229963

"Postseason" is white while "Major League Baseball" and "2014" are orange, and the MLB logo is black and orange.

Most of all the marks / logos / "alternate marks" for the 2014 MLB Postseason. Going with a pretty simple design again.

GO78WPF.jpg

Regarding that alternate logo on the lower-left with the red and blue boxed flags, I feel as if they should have been more appropriate for the corresponding LCS logos. These flags are reminiscent of the postseason logos from 2004:

To me it's like 2004 and 2013, the pennant graphic is the same style like 2013 (2004's version looks different)

8488__mlb_world_series-primary-2013.png

And it's in a box like 2004.

• 2 weeks later...

They've been using just "Angels" or "Angels Baseball" on merchandise in places where other teams use their full names since they switched to LA. When I ran the Team Store for the Springfield Cardinals, all my catalogs for merchandise said one of those, never included either location.

They've been using just "Angels" or "Angels Baseball" on merchandise in places where other teams use their full names since they switched to LA. When I ran the Team Store for the Springfield Cardinals, all my catalogs for merchandise said one of those, never included either location.

Yep. No geographical identifier unless it's a retro item.

Even at Angels games they're just refered to as "Angels" over the PA system. No city name.

IEI5Tg1.png

Archived